Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujatha S.K
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha S.KYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Some herbs claim to help erectile dysfunction. Find out the facts before trying one.
Erectile dysfunction — difficulty maintaining an erection sufficient for sex — is a common problem. You've likely seen advertisements for erectile dysfunction herbs or supplements to "increase your sexual performance." Could they work for you?
Erectile dysfunction herbs and other natural remedies have long been used in Chinese, African and other cultures. But unlike prescription medications for erectile dysfunction, such as sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis), erectile dysfunction herbs and supplements haven't been well studied or tested. Some can cause side effects or interact with other medications. And the amount of the active ingredient can vary greatly from product to product.
Here's a quick guide to erectile dysfunction herbs:
Herbal remedy Does it work? Safety
Studied in people, positive results, generally safe
Some evidence shows that dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) increases libido in women and helps erectile dysfunction in men. DHEA appears to be safe at low doses. It can cause acne
Some evidence shows that taking high doses improves erectile dysfunction by stimulating blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow. Side effects may include nausea, cramps and diarrhea. Don't take L-arginine with Viagra.
One study of Panax ginseng showed it improved sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction. A cream preparation is used for premature ejaculation. Panax ginseng contains many active ingredients. It appears to be safe used on a short-term basis. Insomnia is a common side effect.
Studied in people, positive results, risky
A number of clinical trials have shown that the primary component of this bark from an African tree can improve sexual dysfunction associated with a drug used to treat depression. This herb has been linked to a number of side effects, including increased blood pressure, fast or irregular heartbeat, and anxiety. Yohimbe shouldn't be used without a doctor's supervision.
Not studied in people or negative results
Ginkgo has potential to increase blood flow to the penis. But there's no evidence of benefit for erectile dysfunction. Ginkgo may increase the risk of bleeding.
Horny goat weed (epimedium)
Substances in the leaves of this herb have been used to improve sexual performance, but the herb has not been studied in people. This herb might lower blood pressure.
I am 25 years old. I have Parkinson's disease my both hands have been shivering since last 10 years and also there is no energy on my whole body because I have done masturbation due to masturbation I have excess orgasm. Please help me.
My mouth is watering uncontrollably and speech is slurring. What causes it? Could you suggest any remedy?
How to reduce fear in our mind in some situations im really stuck in this fear, if I start fear I feel like vomiting and all how to reduce fear and vomiting please give me good advice.
I had acute gastric pain my upper abdomen. Its stay minimum 5 days. Medicine I took sucral O, pantodac dsr. Now the pain is no more but I had this pen in January 2016 and its also relapsed in june 2016. But after eating food its becomes acid. I can't eat fast food any more. I want to get rid of it.
I have pain in my upper abdomen i. E just below the ribs and above the stomach in the Centre. I did skip lunches for two days 4 days back. What could it be and what are your prescriptions?
I have severe pain in upper portion of eyes and head when I woke up in the morning. I can't open my eyes due to this reason. Please help.
Whenever I get running nose due to cold nose-running stops automatically after 2-3 days but phlegm starts afterwards which does not stop until I take antibiotic. Recently I have acquired infection in throat due to eating/chewing pan-masala. Now yellow cough have started coming out. Not much but 4-5 times in a day. Please guide me to stop this problem. I am 70 years old male.
My problem is urine coming from 1 month yellow colour only but sometimes normal. why what is the problem doctor. I'm thinking jaundice is there or it is just my doubt.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What causes dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.