Find numerous Allergist/Immunologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha RameshYour feedback matters!
I have irritation in my hair with scalp coming out. I am also having milk allergy. So is it because of this?
I am allergic to dust and soil I usually got affected by it and had to suffer from cold and sneezing. What should i do? Please advise.
Hello sir, I want ask the question about my wife, she is suffering from soiling problem why they have so much soiling, they have a allergies from sunlight. She is use a silodremixi cream to take re-leaf, they have 2 baby and she is 27 year old please give the solution.
Always when I go out my eye's becomes red since my childhood. When I went for check up doctor said it is because of dust allergy. Is there any permanent solution for this. I am vexed with this as I have to be on field because of my profession and attend meetings regularly.
My son 5 years old, is a very fussy eater, hence underweight, very often getting fever and have massive immunity problem, please suggest.
मै 30 साल का हूँ। मुझे धान की मिटी से एलर्जी है मुझे सांस लेने में भी परेशानी होती है। इसका कोई अचूक इलाज हो तो जरुर बताये।
I have chronic bronchitis problem dry cough. I take antibiotic I relief 6 month but further this problem occur. How to 100% cure this problem.
Hi I am 30 year old and I am suffering from sinus bronchitis. Presently I consulting a homepathic doctor. But there are still problem. This is curable or not
I am 21 years old and I have been suffering from asthma from last 3 years I have been using many medicine to get rid of that can you please tell me anything regarding this problem. How can I get cured from this.
Hello doctor, I am 26 year married woman I have nose infection from dust last year. what should I do please tell me.
Ginger Garlic Do Help in Asthma and Other Diseases.
- A soup made with ginger garlic reduces inflammation swelling any where in the body including the respiratory passages.
- The hydration provided by soup helps the body improve circulation and prevents the build up of phlegm. If haldi, onion, spinach turnip are added, the soup has a therpeutic effect on regeneration of cells.
A word of caution for cardiac patients who are taking aspirin as a blood thinner, all of the above also lead to thinning of blood, compounding the effects of other blood thinners used as drugs. In women it can lead to excessive periods, specially in women around menopause time, because of silent hypertension not detected and blood vessels becoming more fragile. Excess of everything is bad.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I AM SUFFERING FROM BREATHING PROBLEM I USED TO TAKE ASTHENIL 4 TAB WITH OMNACORTIL 10MG TAB BUT NOT REGULARLY IS IT HARMFUL TO ME OR NOT
I am suffering from allergy[dust] feel difficulty in breath .Iam 52 yrs of age i am taking florocort 200 flomists nasal spray . How to get rid of this problem?
Children are constantly falling prey to coughs and colds and viral infections. A strong immune system is the only way to protect them from such illnesses. Our immune system develops as we grow. For this reason, many doctors consider the occasional bout of cold or flu to be a good thing for 6-8 year olds. This helps build their immune system. Here are a few other ways you can boost their immune system.
- Breastfeed your baby: It is recommended that you should breastfeed your baby for as long as possible up to a year. Colostrums or the milk produced during the first few days after a baby's birth is extremely rich in antibodies that fight a number of diseases. The white blood cells in breast milk can protect your baby against ear infections, allergies, indigestion, urinary tract infections and lower their risk of suffering from diabetes, colitis, Crohn's disease and some forms of cancer later in their life.
- Have a fiber rich diet: Give your child plenty of fruits and vegetables in their daily diet. These are rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Phytonutrients can increase the body's production of white blood cells and interferon. Interferon is an antibody coating cell surfaces that block viruses. Such a diet can also help a child build immunity against cancer and heart diseases later in life.
- Quality sleep: Sleep deprivation can increase your susceptibility to illnesses by lowering the production of white blood cells and weakening the immune system. Insist on your child getting adequate sleep. While a newborn may need 18 hours of sleep a day, toddlers require 12-13 hours of sleep. Preschoolers need at least 10 hours of sleep a day. If it isn't possible for your child to get his or her sleep in one go, encourage them to take a nap in the afternoons.
- Exercise: Regular exercise boosts the production of white blood cells. To encourage your children to get away from computers and television, make exercise a family activity. Exercising will also help them release their energy and allow them to have a better sleep.
- Prevent the Spreading of Germs: From an early age, you must inculcate good hygiene habits in your children. Teach them to wash their hands with soap before and after a meal, every time they come into the house from outdoors and after using the toilet. Disposing of a child's personal items such as toothbrushes after they have had an infection can also keep the germs from spreading.