Find numerous Allergist/Immunologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 years old boy. I get simultaneous cough. Also have allergy from dust. I am so sensitive that when I wake up in cold and pour water on my feet. I start sneezing. What should i do?
I have asthma because of this I can't breathe properly so please suggest me ways to prevent suggest me please.
To increase immunity and libido please suggest some good quality, effective medicines please Am a male of 51 years, weighing 78 kilos,
How to get relief from asthma, she having a breath problem, please provide a solution to get relief from it.
I am a 50 year old male. Our family has a history of asthma. sometimes i feel acute suffocation while travelling in the train. I do not want to start puff or nebulizer, instead i want to buy a portable oxygen concentrator. Please suggest me a good model buyable online or in Delhi. Thanks and Regards
Hi. My name is himanshu. I think I have allergy. Whenever I feel something cold or dust, I have no control on my nose. Is it allergy?
I have an allergy to dogs, dust, pollution (may be) since 2-3 years, previously I used to take montek LC medicine and felt good for next 1-2 months but now even the medicine is not working I get running nose, watery eyes every 1 or 2 days .please suggest any solution to my problem .Thanks.
I am not able to eat nutritious food my immune system is weak please help me out what precautions I must follow and what foods I should eat?
Sir, I am suffering in bronchitis asthma till 20 years and am also a sportsman in taekwondo discipline. Maximum time I am feeling very uneasy in morning hour at the time of exercise. What should take precautions in naturally, can you prescribe me?
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.