Find numerous Allergist/Immunologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am allergic to fragrance, dust etc. When weather changes I starts sneezing then eyes got red and itchy liquid is flow through eyes and nose. Problem of cough also starts. I consulted so many doctors but problem is still there. Cetrigine does not suits my body metabolism. Please suggest a permanent remedy for this problem.
Hi Dr. I have last one month one side nose block some time right some time left side three time morning wakeup blood coming nose .I go to ENT Dr. he said dust allergy giving tablet 10 days but no improve ment aft that I take pns x ray x ray report was Nasal septum is in midline bilateral inferior and middle nasal turbinates hypertrophic Bilateral ethmoid sinusitis Please what problems for me.
How should I improve my immune system bcz in every season I get sick and weak. I have my blood test report hemoglobin is 10.25%. What should I do to improve this. My weight is 65 kg. Height is 5.5"
I am suffering from bronchitis from last 4 day please suggest me what medicine I adopt right now I am taking allegro 120 and zifi 200. please suggest me cough syrup.
I am 15 year old male boy I am suffering from asthma from birth how to cure due to tablets I have become fat what is the cure.
I have asthmatic allergy. So what precautions should I take during whether change. And during driving on delhi roads.
Here myself suffering from high weight and due to that suffering from breathing problem please suggest me a solution.
Hi, I think I have an allergy 1. From dust 2. When the environment is getting changed Ex I am sitting in an ac room and after 2 hours I go out in sun that time I start sneezing and becomes hard to control sometimes I get 10-15 one after another and my face and eyes gets red and feel like I have got a cold but after sometimes get ok. please advice what it is and how to remove it.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
She is having wheat allergy is their any treatment for this? whenever she eat any item having wheat she feels very low. Is their any specialist for this allergy so that we can consult.
My grandfather has the problem of asthma, after walking few step he faces problem in breathing. He feels asthma. What should he be suggested? Please mention every possible cure.
Hello. I am suffering from food allergy for the last one year. I am allergic to dairy products, egg, carrot, peanut etc. I think its because of pollen allergen. I am looking for the remedy. Kindly suggest.
I eat do much of healthy food with proper diet. But my body doesn't respond on that I m so slim and I have a very poor immunity system what should I do.
How iz diabetes caused. How a person can be prevented from the diabetes. What is asthma. How it occurs.
I am so fat how do I loose my weight and having respiratory problem and skin. Got dark legs.what should I do?
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.