Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 22 years old. Doc I want to know about 2 days ago I had sex with my partner as well as anal sex also. But now she is started getting weakness, body pain n fever also. Is it a symptom of getting pregnant? Is yes, how to prevent pregnancy. Kindly assist me on this query.
Hi I want to clarify some doubts about white discharge, is necessary for operation for cure the problem, one of my aunt suffering from this problem her age is 50 years, doctor suggested her necessary for surgery, what should I do?
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
My wife had 4th day transfer of 5 excellent embryo on 30th of Dec. When she will experience pregnancy symptoms if it will go positive.
A couple of decades ago, medical professionals believed that a lot of females could not climax at all. There are a number of reasons for this. It is easy for the male to know when he has achieved an orgasm, which usually happens with ejaculation, which is quite evident. For the females, on the other hand, it is not so evident. It is a perceived feeling and while the media showcase it in a particular way, reality is far moved from it.
There are various reasons why it is very difficult to pin this down. Orgasms are not just an elusive feeling for the woman, it is an elusive topic for the medical professionals too. Read on to know some of the common causes (more beliefs or notions) about this and some simple but effective ways of managing this.
- Private topic: Girls are very shy compared to boys and both their exposure to sex education and discussion about this is limited compared to boys. We might tend to think of it as common in India alone, but this is true across a vast number of countries. We are not alone! This shyness continues into their later years too, and unless transformed by the partner, it may continue to be a topic that is shunned.
- Purpose: Sex is more deemed as a form of procreation rather than for sex. Therefore, while sex is necessary for conception, orgasm is not. This is one more reason (strange but true) that orgasm is very elusive for a woman.
- Psychological factors: It could be guilt from past relationships or fear of past abuse. It could be fear of losing control or fear of coming across as vulnerable. For any of these reasons, women can have difficulties climaxing during the act.
Whatever the cause of the problem, the first step in coping up with the issue is to acknowledge the issue. Being a private topic, this is not something that is going to draw the person towards medical help. However, this needs to be discussed frankly with the partner or with the doctor. Getting the partner involved removes a lot of psychological barriers (guilt, fear, anxiety, etc.) This would result in natural ironing out of issues, improving the performance of both the people involved.
If that does not happen, seeking professional help, be it medical help to correct physical issues or counselling, is the next suggestion. A frank discussion will do wonders, and what was once elusive can be well within your reach.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 28th october. After 10 days on 8th November I got periods. Now I am having blood spots from last 2 days. I am worried now as I am not having proper periods. Am I pregnant?
I am newly married, I want to confirm what is the best time for a baby (pregnancy) if she has mensuration problem running what time I shud go for physical relation before dates or ending of female dates.
Over time, we have caused tremendous harm to our immune system. Day in and day out, we have potentially risked our lives by being so casual with our health choices. But still, is it possible to leverage some of this burden and thus make our immune system stronger? What if we incorporate some healthy habits into our daily regime? What if we improvise on our diet? Take certain additional vitamin supplements perhaps? Make other lifestyle changes in the hope of achieving a near-perfect immune system?
What exactly is the Immune System?
The immune system in layman language can be considered as a protective cover of the human health system. We are surrounded by millions of pathogens (disease causing germs) that have the ability to enter into the body and cause damage to it. Here comes in the importance of the immune system, the body’s natural shield against these pathogens.
How can you boost your Immunity?
You definitely cannot evade all the pathogens and get a top-notch, impeccable immune system, but you can at least try and listen to what your body has to say, and take steps accordingly.
The first and foremost protective measure can be to follow certain general good-health guidelines.
Do not smoke. There can be no compromise on this issue. Smoking or consuming tobacco in any form brings about a host of health complications; the most pronounced of them all is probably cancer. Smoking, in more ways than one, can spell real trouble for your immune system. So better cut down on your puffs or gear up to face the various medical banes of smoking.
Eat a diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low in saturated fat. Some examples may include citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables such as spinach or lettuce, yoghurt, almonds, lean meat. Sipping on green tea thrice a day is a wise choice in this regard. These measures not only strengthen the immune system but also enhance the Immune System.
Drink plenty of water. Water keeps the body hydrated, the ultimate prerequisite for a strong immune system. It helps to flush out all the toxins and ensures that the cells get the optimum levels of oxygen. Drinking a glass of lukewarm water mixed with honey and lemon on an empty stomach after getting up in the morning can prove to be one of the best health choices that you can make for your body.
If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation. Excessive alcohol consumption causes dehydration and it can deprive your body of the valuable immunity boosting nutrients. It also impairs the body’s ability to fight off germs and infections.
Get adequate sleep. One reason behind stressing on the need to get adequate sleep is because it’s so closely linked to the immune system. While you sleep, the body secretes certain hormones and substances which help better fight infections and diseases. This makes these hormones so vital and indispensable at the same time. So now you know what wonders can those 8 hours of sleep do to you.
Exercise Regularly. If you're looking for a safe and smart way to boost your immunity, regular exercise is the answer to it. But we are not talking about being an ardent, hard-core gym-junkie; rather exercising in moderate amounts would suffice. Cardiovascular exercises such as walking or swimming, performed 30-45 minutes a day, can prove to be very beneficial.
Including good hygiene habits in your daily routine, such as washing your hands properly, bathing and brushing your teeth daily, etc. can be useful as well. Good sanitary habits can be the most basic way to ward off infections at the germination stage. Keep a hand sanitizer with you all the time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
The different parts of the human body grow at their own pace. When it comes to your brain, it stops growing at 25.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
For Gynecologists: please be patient and read the entire data. Sir/Maam I got physically involved with my girlfriend for the first time on 27th august. For precautions she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After four days I.e on 1 September she started bleeding although it was NOT her period date and the bleeding continued for four days. After that with her first morning urine she did four home urine pregnancy test after 21,28, 35 and ,42 days of Intercourse. All the results came NEGATIVE. Her periods had still not started yet. please tell do we still have to worry about pregnancy and can these test be wrong even after 42 days of Intercourse. We are very tensed. please help.
Some people have a greater tendency to accumulate fat in specific areas of the body. Any amount of exercise or diet may not help in getting rid of this. In such cases, people can opt for liposuction, as it is a good option to get rid of this fat (usually in the upper arms, upper thighs, belly area and buttocks).
Liposuction is a term which literally means suctioning out the fat (lipo = fat). A blunt cannula (needle) is inserted into the body which sucks out the excessive fat. Laser or heat may be used in the target area to loosen the fat molecules, making it easier to remove them. Read on to know some of the other benefits of liposuction in addition.
1. Each person has a tendency to accumulate weight in different areas and may not be able to lose it with the required exercise and treatment. In these people, liposuction helps in losing fat and in improving body shape and contour.
2. Almost instantaneous results, as the procedure is done in a couple of hours. There could be mild swelling in the area that was treated, but that may not last for more than a week.
3. In people with lipomas, which are benign fatty tumours, liposuction can completely remove them.
4. In men with excessive female hormones, gynecomastia is common (breast development in men), which can be very embarrassing. Liposuction can rescue them and can help these men by providing a complete cure.
5. Prolonged effect on the person’s weight as the fat does not accumulate immediately. Also, the weight gained will be distributed evenly and not concentrated in one particular area.
6. It can be a good remedy for excessive sweating in the armpits and chafing in the thighs.
7. Maintaining it requires lifestyle modification like healthy eating and regular exercise, which most people tend to follow, as they have seen the wonderful results of having a good shapely body.
8. The procedure also removes a lot of inflammatory cells, which are responsible for chronic conditions like osteoarthritis and heart disease. By reducing the inflammatory cells, liposuction reduces the risks of these diseases.
9. Removing excessive fat in the midsection and abdominal area can improve posture and discomfort that is common in seated positions. It can also reduce back pain and discomfort due to improper postures.
10. Removing excess fat reduces the insulin requirements as there is less amount of fat and therefore sugar to burn. This reduces the onset of type 2 diabetes.
Liposuction is a quick fix to fat accumulation, but a detailed discussion with doctor on what to expect during and after the procedure should be the deciding factor, whether or not should you choose it.
Hiii mam I'm pregnant now and 6 months is running now I would like to eat ice cubes daily shall I eat r any problem will happen by eating ice cubes mam please reply me.
For a married couple, having a child is the next step towards completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep rooted causes for this issue and homeopathy aims at treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc. and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.