Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha AbrahamYour feedback matters!
Sir, my wife had pregnant now it is her 20 th week, however we are having good sex, and when will we stop sexual activity.
Is cervical prolapse possible due to heavy weight lifting exercises in Gym for one year? I am virgin.
I was swallow the sperm of my partner during oral sex with him. Is there any chance to get pregnant, should I take anti pregnancy pills? Swallowing sperm can make any harm for me? There are how many problems can come after swallow sperm?
I am 27 years old. I observed light spotting at middle of my cycle. After 10 days I have periods like indigestion, cramping and backache with bleeding. Every time I have periods at 28days.
Visualize that energy in the form of light bursting through your skin. Don't forget to smile. When you get to a part that is not well, maybe a sore leg or a stuffy nose. Focus on that area. Picture a burst of energy coming from that area, visualize a bright light. Don't forget to smile. Nice deep breaths while doing this. Calmness not stiffness. You will drift to sleep and feel better the next day. This should only take a few minutes. Practice each night and each morning. In the morning when visualizing a bright light and energy transfer it with thoughts about your day. It will energize and motivate you. Repeat it daily for a week.
I am 21 years old and my girlfriend is 20 years old. My girlfriend want to do intercourse with me. But I want to do a safe sex. So doctor please tell me what I have to do in safe sex. So that he cannot become pregnant.
Hello Doctor, My period is due today or tomorrow. I have had period symptoms from last 2 days and today morning I found brownish discharge on tissue while wiping. However I don't have cramps now. But period has still not shown. Still brownish discharge. Will I get my period? Also we have been sexually active and trying to conceive. Anything to worry?
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My cousin sis is having lump in both the breast, but did not pain she is having lumps since 15 years now she is getting married is there any risk for hereafter marriage. Aur she face any difficulty in conceiving. Pls help her through your answer.
How a married women can avoid pregnancy having sex without condom and intake of ipill. What is the best time and best way to do sex to avoid pregnancy.
Hi All, I want to know what the exact size is for baby when we complete 15 weeks pregnancy. Today I did sonography scanning. In that report my baby has 88.3mm so, I am thinking my baby growth is slow (less). Please suggest me. If bad. Doctor said no problem But I am getting scared Thanks, Madhav.
I have pcos and have recently undergone ivf and have got negative hpt as well. I am convinced that this cycle has failed. So I want to try naturally before going for next cycle. So what medicines can I take to improve my chances of natural conception. please help.
There is burning sensation in my vagina from 1st January and now a little bit of itching. My periods is 23 days late. Please help me to know what it is?
I have pcod n m on diane35 since approx n years I haven't lost my weight m working on it bt now I have regular periods. So can I stop the medicine or continue it until I lose weight. I also have thyroid nd taking medicine for that as well.
9 month running of my pregnancy. For few days I am suffering from cold & feel very weak. Does it harm my baby? What can I do. Suggest me.
My wife got blessed with a baby 4 months ago. Her menstrual cycle is not yet started. We are sure that she is not pregnant. We visited to nearby hospital, they advised that it would take sometime to start her menstrual cycle again. Can you pls advice? Does she want to take any tablets?
Laparoscopic surgery is also called minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of Laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the medical staff concerned. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day-to-day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a Laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a Laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be embolized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia-related complications: To prevent anesthesia-related complications during Laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, anti-emetics are followed in the pre-operative state.
- Injury inflicted: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract must be avoided. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible.