Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata RavinderYour feedback matters!
1. Is Water Lumps in Breast required urgent operation? 2. How much days Rest is required? 3.Is it Big operation or normal? 4. Can it be cure through Medicine (Tablets & Capsule or any other) or Operation is must?
I am 43 year old woman. have swelling in my left armpit. It is painless. It is soft and tender I took a mammogram yesterday. In the result it is given as no abnormality detected. But in breast composition it is given as heterogeneouslydense which may obscure small masses. Is it breast cancer? i am having this swelling for the past two months. Please help me to know what is my problem.
I am 70 years OLD make suffering with prostate gland enlargement, since 8/11/2014 till date. I am taking Tamdura capsules from 8/11/2014 to 25/1/2016 and from 26/2/2016 to till now after breakfast. Also I took only silodal-D 8 for one month in the gap from 25/1/2016 to 26/2/2016 after dinner. Now I am taking both Tamdura cap after breakfast and silodal-D, 8 cap after dinner from 26/2/2016 till to date. ON 8/11/2014, my prostate size was 125 cc, PSA: 7.5 and prevoid/post void urine is 200 cc,/40 cc respectively. On 27/5/2016 my prostate size 86gm, PSA 3.89 and prevoid and post void volume is 180 and 60 cc. My question is can I continue same capsules. I want a reply only from urologist and not from any surgeon or sexologist. Please reply from Senior urologist only.
Prostrate issue for long time since 10 years early morning when I get up the bladder is full and take some time to empty it.
Is it possible that my friend is suffering from epithelial malignancy will be cured when chemo is going on after radiation.
I have cancer in my throat. I am suffering from pain. I was go through treatment of 35 radio and 11 chemo therapy from smh. But I am still having pain, what shall I do? Please advise.
I feel a small ball kind of thing in my right breast. I first noticed it an year ago. I ignored it at that time but its still there of the same size. Please let me know if there could be something serious?
Breast cancer begins when the cells that are present in the breast start to go out of control. These cells generally form a tumor which can be seen on mammogram or one can feel it as a lump. The tumor is threatening if the cells can grow into the tissues that surround it or spread to other areas of the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in ladies. Here are a few methods with which you can prevent breast cancer-
- Keep your weight in check: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for everyone although, it is easy to tune it out since it is said so often. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active: Women who are physically active for almost or at least 30 minutes a day have a lower danger of breast cancer. Normal activity is additionally one of the ideal approaches to keep weight under control.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables and Avoid Too Much Alcohol: A balanced and healthy diet can bring down the danger of breast cancer. Attempt to eat a considerable measure of fruits and vegetables and keep liquor at moderate levels or lower. While moderate drinking can be useful for the heart in most grown-ups, even low levels of intake can build the danger of breast cancer. If you do not drink, don't feel you have to begin. In case you drink modestly, there is less risk.
- Try not to Smoke: Smokers and non-smokers alike know how undesirable smoking is. It brings down a person’s quality of life and expands the danger of heart and lung diseases, stroke, and no less than 15 types of cancer, including breast cancer. It additionally causes bad breath, awful teeth, and wrinkles.
- Breastfeed, If Possible: Breastfeeding for almost one year or more brings down the danger of breast cancer. It additionally has extraordinary medical advantages for the baby as well, especially in terms of immunity.
- Keep away from Birth Control Pills: Contraceptive pills have both dangers and advantages. In many cases, the more young a lady is, the lower the danger is. While ladies are taking birth control pills, they have more chances of falling prey to breast cancer as per various medical studies. This danger leaves rapidly in the wake of stopping the pill. The danger of stroke and heart attack is increased while on the pill, especially if the woman smokes. Long term use can likewise have essential advantages, such as bringing down the danger of ovarian cancer, colon tumor and uterine cancer and undesirable pregnancy. In case you are exceptionally worried about breast cancer, staying away from birth control pills is also an alternative to lower the risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
My mom is having lumps in breast n from few days from behind the auricle it starts paining n how there is pain in her right hand only on this side? Can you help?
My father he is a farmer. We have scan for MRCP, it summery is given below 1. Gallbladder is distended and showing tiny concretions with minimal mucosal edema and wall thickening. 2.2mm stone/sludge noticed in distal CBD with dilated IHBR/EHBR. 3. Diffuse edema and enlargement of pancreatic parenchyma with necrosis (30%) in body and tail region with peripsncreatic inflammatory exudate, thickening of renal and later conal fascia noticed. How to rectify this problems and then what should I do?
My grand mother of age 73 suffered from Ovarian cancer stage - 2. As she is very old so we are totally confused if we apply for chemo, then she already have a low Immune , so she can not tolerate . But if we do not treat anything than she will quickly enter into cancer phase - 3. So please suggest in this regard shall we go for a chemo treatment or we will give her some ayurvedic pills. Onemre important thing is after we have found the ovarian phase 2 cancer we have made immediate surgery of entire ovary. Now she is feeling improved health but we are unsure how many days we can keep her safe with out Chemo. Your valuable advice will be highly appreciated.
Some forms of cancer, such as cervical cancer can be prevented by vaccines. Cervical cancer is the second most common form of cancer that affects women. The vaccine that prevents cervical cancer is known as the human papilloma virus(HPV) vaccination. Let's take a look at a few things you should know about this vaccination.
What is HPV?
There are over a hundred types of HPV. While some of them affect the genital area and can cause abnormal tissue growth that leads to cervical cancer others can cause anal cancer, genital warts, skin warts, cancer of the head and neck and vaginal cancer.
When should you have the vaccination?
The human papillomavirus or HPV vaccination is most effective when administered to preteen and teenage girls. This vaccine protects them for the next ten years against the disease. One of the reasons, the HPV vaccination is given so early is that the virus can spread easily by sexual activity. Having the vaccination early can protect them from a HPV infection. The vaccine is also said to be more effective when given to girls who have not yet been infected by a strain of HPV.
How is the vaccination given?
The HPV vaccination is given in the form of three injections spread over six months. The second dose is given two months after the first dose and the final dose is administered six months after the first dose. There is more than one name for the HPV vaccination. Gardasil and cervarix are the most common amongst these. Many doctors suggest no matter which one you choose, the same vaccination be used for all three doses.
How effective is the vaccination?
Along with protecting against cervical cancer, the HPV vaccine also protects women against vaginal, anal and oropharynx cancer. Some of the vaccines also protect against genital warts. However, the vaccination cannot be used to treat existing HPV infections and is less effective when given to women who have already been infected with a strain of the virus.
Is there anyone who should not have this vaccine?
The HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women. Do not have the vaccination if you are already suffering from a severe illness. The vaccination is also not recommended for women who are allergic to yeast or latex.
What are the side effects of the HPV vaccination?
The HPV vaccination has minor side effects that may include mild soreness at the injection site, a headache or low fever. Some women may also feel dizzy or faint after the injection. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain are some of the other side effects associated with this vaccination. Apart from taking a dose of vaccine, it is important that you go for regular full body check up as well, to prevent yourself from various ailments.
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.