Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SuhasiniYour feedback matters!
I have taken contraceptive pill n I am bleeding before 15days of my periods and this one is not a normal period so is it a sign of pregnancy or something else?
Dear sir/mam A white thick and long liquids are coming out from my vagina. When it comes it pains alot around pelvic ad stomach region. Why it is so?
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.
One day I have severe pain in my chest I have an ultrasound. My ultrasound report says that there are anechoic cyst 24x36 mm in my right ovary. Its critical what can I do .before 6 month I have operated molar pregnancy is it related that or not.
I'm a 17 year old boy. Of late, I have been experiencing pain on my right nipple every time I touch it or there is even the slightest pressure. Also, I can feel a kind of lump behind it. My mom had breast cancer. Should I consult an oncologist or is this normal? I read in a few places that this is normal if it happens on both sides but on my left side I can feel little to nothing. Please reply ASAP. Thank you.
I am having white stretchy discharge I worried if I an pregnant 2 days before I hd a private moment with my bf but we did not hv sex he just dud my fingering but I am not sure if if he had precum on fingers I am having fluttering in my uterus also are these signs of pregnancy I have my periods 15 days from now. Please help.
After participating in sex with HIV PATIENT, within how many days the disease will be diagnosed by blood test if it is transmitted?
Sleeplessness and iron deficiency can cause dark circles; and in such cases, adequate rest and plenty of iron-rich foods and supplements are enough. But sometimes, dark circles can be resilient and refuse to go away. If you find your dark circles not receding, no matter how much supplements you take and rest you get, chances are they are caused by hyper pigmentation.
What is Pigmentation?
When patches of skin darken due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production, it is called pigmentation. Common manifestations of pigmentation are freckles, age spots, brown spots and, most primarily dark circles. The causes of pigmentation include:
1. Sun exposure- age spots are caused by sun exposure, especially in older skin
2. Scarring- acne, burns or abrasions can cause scarring, which darkens the skin
3. Genetics- freckles are genetic, and factors such as hormones or sun exposure can worsen them
4. Pregnancy- patches of skin on the face or abdomen darken during pregnancy
The most common method to treat pigmentation caused dark circles is hydroquinone, which is an ingredient that lightens skin. When hydroquinone is used in creams, it takes a long time for it to come into effect. Dark circles may take a long time to completely fade away.
Laser Treatment for Dark Circles
If all the anti-pigmentation creams fail you, and even the dermatologist said that hydroquinone would take too long, the best option available for you is laser treatment for hyper pigmentation. Laser treatment uses beams of concentrated light to remove the pigmentation from underneath your eyes. At the same time, it reduces any other problems you may have, such as acne, fine lines or wrinkles. Sometimes, laser skin resurfacing would be used together with laser treatment for pigmentation. This ensures lasting effects and clearer complexion. However, you must consult a dermatologist before opting for laser treatment, since it is not recommended for everyone. For instance, people with sensitive skin must talk to a doctor before undergoing treatment. Also, laser treatment should be your last resort if other methods fail (such as limiting sun exposure or changing cosmetic creams).
I want to make sex relations with my girlfriend. But I do not want to use condoms please tell its safe and also tell I do not want her pregnant.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Licking of cleaned hygienic vagina / clitoris with mouth - is it medically good? Are there any chances of getting any diseases?
I am using unwanted 21 ocp since last six month since then I have started getting lots of acne grade 2 .plz suggest me some other ocp which can be used during breastfeeding 20 months old baby. Thank you in advance .waiting for reply.
Me and my wife had unprotected sex before 23 days. Her last monthly period was on 3rd of month april, now she had missed her period and we have found that she is pregnant in pregnancy detection kit. We no need children for about 2 years and my wife is shy to visit hospital. So please suggest me any good oral pill to vanish pregnancy.
Bleeding during twin pregnancy in 18 th week in regular basis but small in quantity, 4-5 times/day, what is the remedy?
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that can lead to damage to the eye's optic nerve and result in blindness. Open-angle glaucoma, the commonest form of glaucoma, has no symptoms at first. However, over the years it can steal your sight. With early treatment, you can usually protect your eyes against serious vision loss and blindness. Most people over the age of 40 should have an annual eye check, which includes measurement of eye pressure and assessment of the optic nerve, this is more important if you have a family history of glaucoma.