Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I'm 21 year old. I'm having problem of headache normally during studies or watching anything. What should I do?. I take a stress alot too.
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia
Hi, I am 19 years old and I have problem of not sleeping well, I stay up at night and there are many thoughts that come in my mind all night. What should I do to be calm. There is also a lot of frustration and anger in me.
Hi, I'm a 20 years old college student, depressed since 2 years. Life was normal when used to go school. cause, I hardly used to spend time with my family. But, the whole scenario had changed from the day I started going college. And it's not studies, it's my parents who, I don't know expects WHAT from me. I have siblings and cousins who earns good and are enjoying their life to the fullest now. I even have a younger cousin and my aunt always compares Me with her every time, in front of guest in front of neighbours and the sad part is my parents do nothing but just laugh with them. I feel like I am in a competition competing with my siblings and cousin, when they are praised and everybody laughs at me. Not body supports me not my mother, father not even my real sisters. They never did guide me ever. They literally laugh at me when I do something wrong and my parents scold me and always try to make numbers by showing me the real culprit. And I know, it's not there fault, my parents don't trust me enough to believe me. I feel like nobody's there for me. My life is so depressing. I feel like killing myself:(My life is a big NO NO. No matter whatever I do, I know, my parents won't take my side, ever ever ever. I know you must be thinking, no way a parent can be like this. they don't like me but life is all about adjusting and I've tried to adjust it since years and now I can't, I repeat, I can't take this anymore. Please advise.
HI, We got married last December (2014) & ours is a love marriage with parents consent. My wife's age is 21 & myself 25. My wife hardly knows any work, but my mom & I tries to teach every work her very softly. If we show more love & affection and teach politely she turns into non-hearing mode, which means she starts to dominate us & dont learn/work at all. If I start to show some anger she starts to cry & start to learn/work. But I do not want her to have pain while she learn the work. Neither we want to see dominance from her. What is the best way to go forward. We use to love a lot & care for each other before marriage. Still now we love & care each other when things are fine. When things are worst it goes to extreme extent of thinking why did we marry each other. Kindly suggest your opinion. We want to lead a happy life together & forever with my wife learning all the work with out any pain. I cannot see anyone pointing at my wife for not knowing basic house hold activities.
In most Indian homes, a family is not complete with just one child. Until about a couple of decades ago, a family with a single child was very rare. The most common response would be 'with whom the child will play'. Between the siblings, there is always so much love. Starting from getting attention from the parent to education at all stages of life, this is one relationship which just grows and grows. While it definitely is a feel-good factor, scientifically too, it has been proven to have multiple benefits.
Read on to know some benefits of having siblings and how it can help you stay healthy and positive.
- A constant companion: With a sibling around, there is no need to look for a play or study companion. There is always one available right in the same home. This provides for a happy, healthy equation with a lot of give and take that just extends through life.
- Continuous learning environment: With a sibling around, the learning never stops. There is a constant teacher/mentor-student relationship with the elder one having an upper hand and trying to teach the younger one all sorts of things from using a chalk to spoon to math to magic.
- Sharing begins at home: Whether it is your toys or colours, stationary or chocolates, siblings share a lot of stuff and so from a very young age, there is a behaviour that encourages sharing of all sorts of things. Studies have shown that children with siblings show a lot more sympathy and are more open to sharing things as compared to single children.
- Builds selflessness: The next time you see two siblings, notice how the elder one is always so protective of the younger one. The elder one is willing to give up their chocolate just so the younger one smiles. Similarly, the younger one also would give up a toy so that the elder one is happy. This selflessness is ingrained in children with siblings, which extends into their other relationships too later in life.
- Tougher individuals: Problem solving is something which gets built in early in life when children have siblings. This comes in handy later in life too, which makes them tougher individuals. They are also better skilled at negotiating, good at setting and achieving goals, managing relationships (both professional and personal), and are so more successful.
The relationship with a sibling just continues through life. The above are some pointers as to how having a sibling makes for a happy, healthier, and positive life. Anyone with a sibling would definitely vouch for these!!
I am taking depran 10 since last 14 years now this medicine is not working properly I am taking this med due to depression know what will I do?
If a mother has seizures is there any possibly that even child could have the same after birth? And what difficulties or problem will the fetus have during pregnancy when the mother have epilepsy during her pregnancy? mainly in the first trimester?
İ have a pain in my left under arms. Hairs are become brown rough & falls from last some month. & thora sa full bhi gaya h sir.
I had a dog bite on my leg. I hv Completed my 4 doses of vaccinations in 21st July of given schedule on 0 3 7 28. But now I start getting so panic at bite site, my head also pains, weakness all over the body, and tingling at the bite site and injection site. I also feel pain in fingers. So is there any chance of failure of vaccine? So plzz help me. What should I do. Bcz if there is any serious problem occurring then I don't have so much time.
From last one week or so I am continuously had dreams in the night. The dreams are so real seems that happening with me right away. The strange part is I am remembering all my dreams which never happened in past at all. I do not know why this all is happening but definitely this is bothering me , in case I am pushing my self to some long term problem. Kindly guide.
Many government entities are enacting laws to ban smoking from all indoor public places, including bars and restaurants. However, despite all these steps, this very expensive habit is still prevalent in society.
Mostly people start smoking as teens, and they are addicted by the time they reach adulthood. There are many different reasons why people smoke. They can start out of curiosity, peer pressure, a desire to fit in with a group or look older and mature, or even to rebel.
It can also be influenced by parental example or used as a means to reduce stress and feel more relaxed. In some countries like the united states, the impact of advertising and media is waning as governments have restricted such practices, but it continues in many parts of the world.
According to the centers for disease control and prevention, an estimated 43.8 million americans smoke. It is the leading cause of preventable deaths in the u. S.
Smoking kills more people than obesity, substance abuse, infectious diseases, firearms and traffic accidents.
There are about 600 ingredients in cigarettes that when burned create more than 7, 000 chemicals. Some of the most harmful chemicals released in cigarette smoke are nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, formaldehyde, arsenic, ammonia, lead, benzene, butane, cadmium, hexamine, toluene and lots more.
These chemicals are harmful to the smoker as well as those exposed to secondhand smoke.
This habit is very difficult to break. Even when cutting down on cigarettes, you begin to go into a withdrawal phase and experience a variety of symptoms like headaches, fatigue, irritability and nicotine cravings.
But there are many reasons to quit, not the least of which are improving your health and saving your hard-earned money.