Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Suhash ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
Seven Common Causes of Forgetfulness
Lack of sleep is the most common cause. Two little restful sleep can also lead to mood changes and anxiety which in turn can contribute to memory impairment.
Many drugs can affect memory, which includes tranquilizers, antidepressants, blood pressure drugs and anti–allergic drugs.
Low functioning thyroid can affect memory.
Drinking too much alcohol can interfere with short–term memory.
Stress and anxiety can lead to memory impairment. Both can interfere with attention and block the formation of new memory or retrieval of old memories.
Forgetfulness can be a sign of depression or a consequence of it.
If you are vegetarian, vitamin B12 deficiency can loss memory impairment
Hi I am 21 years of age. And I'm not happy with my life. I am doing engineering now. What should I do? I do not have any bad addiction or good hobbies. What should I do?
If I will stop smoking and will not smoke for almost a year do my lungs start operating/functioning like before. Please advise.
Hello Doctor my mother has a mania problem which made a fall in her confidence and will power too. Now she became more in fear for everything to touch to start to take or to have to buy to use. As she knows that whatever she does is wrong and not to do it but still she continues because she don't have any control on her feelings and thoughts like before. For this she has lost so many Kgs or weight her present weight became 35 to 40 only her age is now 56 means she just look like a skeleton only after this problem. Prescribe me the best homeopathic medicine ever. Which will give her help her to overcome from tensions, scares, non-stop unmeaningfull thoughts, and get back her confidence and will power. That is the two thing she needs and wants the most. Kindly help her to get the normal life like before. Thanking you.Please tell.
Hello sir. I have a query related to my mental issue. As doctors says I am suffering from ocd problem from last 2 yrs. There is no positive results are coming. There are 15 doctors treated me. And all are well experienced. So I am finally hopeless. Approx 14 hours I am sleeping in 24 hours. Because if I don't do this I just can't control my self. And there is no such thoughts are coming in my mind which are related to ocd. But it is true my problem was started with an word like- I wanted to forgot something and for this I was started to many things. And finally I have gone in very deep. But at this time I am not doing something for this but my illusion-"i have problem" are not going. Please answer me that is it any mental issues of human being are there that can't be treat.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
Every time I feel alone and depressed and I always tend to think that what is life what are humans and much more is this ok or how can change my thinking my thinking itself ruins me plzz help.
Hi I, m saruk Ali. I lost somebody close last year and since then foel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me. Thank you.
Stress is a mental condition that can be triggered by various factors like personal problems and diseases. Ayurvedic unlike many conventional treatments, has natural treatments and as such is free from side effects. There are multiple treatments in Ayurveda that can be used to treat stress, they are:
- Exercise: Exercising helps in releasing endorphins (feel good hormones) in the body. Exercises like running and swimming can help in treating stress as well as aid in burning calories and keep your weight levels in check. Exercise also helps in boosting your alertness and concentration and thus boosting your overall mental health.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to increase your intake of vitamins and antioxidants. Avoid eating non vegetarian foods as they can lead to accumulation of toxins in the body and cause problems. Include foods like nuts and dark chocolate as they are known as mood boosters. These foods also promote feelings of satiety.
- Practice relaxation techniques: You can practice relaxation techniques like meditation, which helps in calming the mind. Basic meditative techniques like focusing on your breath and practicing mindfulness are very beneficial. They also help you in de-stressing and improving your focus.
- Herbs: You may also include herbs like brahmi that has properties which can reduce stress levels in your body. It can also help in controlling anxiety and stress. It also provides the body with antioxidants that are good for the body as they help in controlling the free radical damage. Ashwagandha is yet another herb that helps in limiting levels of stress and fatigue in the body. It also improves the immune function in the body which means that you will be less prone to diseases.
- Massage therapy: You may opt for massage therapy to reduce stress levels in the body. Use a concoction of various medicated oils to massage your head and body. Massage therapy can improve blood circulation in the body and lead to lower levels of stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I just broke up with my fiancee who also happens to be my business partner. We were living in. Still have to see him everyday after he coldly walked out on me (rather asked me to move out of my house as his parents were living with us). His issues with me were blown out of proportion by his parents resulting in a bad break up. I hv quit my start up with him. Am job hunting. I'm 29 and i'm scared I won't find a good life partner now. I'm depressed. I get anxiety attacks.
What are the symptoms of of cancer? From five days I was suffering from wooophing cough is that a chance of cancer? I have habit of smoking.
Its OK to cry sometimes, scream, throw a tantrum, seek attention at times. Its not OK to punish yourself when angry, Its not OK when you don't ventilate. Let it out..share it.
Daksh is my son and I need to ask what is ideal period of speaking. My is not speaking full word only say mum ma. Daksh is 1 year 3 months old. Any thing to do? Any food for it ?
I have memory loss problems. I forget the educational things. J am soft nature person. I am not talking any tensions. I am a mechanical engineer, so I needs to keep all technical things in my brain but due to memory loss I am unable. I don't have a single bad habits. Please suggest powerful medicine.
My friend is 48 yrs old extremely intelligent and successful business man. He always had the habit of worrying too much. Lately he started hearing voices. He went to ENT and was told he is suffering from SCHIZOPHRENIA. He is absolutely normal a. Earlier he was a very optimistic person nowadays he has become pessimistic. This is the only apparent change in him. Can his situation worsen if untreated. What is the course of action to be taken. As a friend how can I support him.
Hello sir/madam, I am loosing my confidence since my 2 exams are gone worst I was good in my academics but now I have no will power I am loosing control of my anger my fear level is also increasing and there is no sigh of confidence did I thinking too much? Or what even I am not able to understand pls help.
I am 36 years old, my family life is very good but I don' t know I get very angry for very silly reasons. I just yell at everyone & then I don' t get proper sleep. Should I take any tablet for this ?
It is a form of neurological problem and is caused by the harm or injury of the vital nervous system. It consists of the brain, the brainstem, as well as the central spinal cord. This class of disease can happen by the stroke, the numerous scleroses, the tumors, epilepsy, the brain or Parkinson's disease. The nature of pain linked with this type of syndrome differs moderately because of the diversity of the potential causes.
It may have an effect on a large part of the body or it may be more limited to the specific areas, like the part of the hands or the feet. Also, the degree of pain is normally related to the reason of the injury This pain is characteristically steady, it may create problems in severe way, as well as it is often created inferior while the touching or any kind of the movement, emotion, as well as the temperature changes, generally the chilly weather. People experience pain sensations; the most important of which is burning.
The features are
- Mixed with the burning
- The pressing
- The slashing
- Throbbing painon an uncovered nerve
Individuals might sense numbness in the areas inhabited by the pain. The blazing, as well as, the loss of touch sensation is normally most harsh on the few parts of the body.
Different kinds of the treatment
The type of the treatment offered may offer a number of the reductions of the pain, other than not the whole relief of the soreness, for those persons exaggerated by this problem. The medicines of this treatments are-
- The tricyclic antidepressants
- Anticonvulsants medicines can be helpful.
- Intravenous medications
- Lignocaine and Ketamine
- Deep brain stimulation
- Definitions of the prognosis
It is not a type of deadly disease, but this kind of the syndrome makes a big part of chronic pain as well as the great suffering amongst the greater part of the persons who are going through this type of troubles.
What kind of research is being done?
A lot of the organizations dynamically follow a line of investigation program seeking the latest type of the treatments for the chronic pain as well as the damage of human nervous system. The main intentions of this form of examination are to enlarge the habits to more ingeniously treat as well as potentially repeal the debilitating conditions like this type of the syndrome. The pain medications frequently offer reduction of the pain, but not total relief from the pain, for those persons who are affected by this.