Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suhail AhmedYour feedback matters!
Hi my son is 22 months old. He does not eat curd or drink butter milk. Elders saying if he do not take curd den he ll get body heat. So is their any alternate to reduce his internal body heat.
I have 4 months old daughter. It looks like like her one leg is shorter than the other. Is there any problem with this? what happens if one leg is shorter than other?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
Causes of Eczema:
The specific cause of eczema remains unknown, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of hereditary (genetic) and environmental factors.
Children are more likely to develop eczema if a parent has had it or another atopic disease. If both parents have an atopic disease, the chances increase further.
Environmental factors are also known to bring out the symptoms of eczema. These include:
- Irritants - soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables
- Allergens - dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, dandruff
- Microbes - bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus,viruses, certain fungi
- Hot and cold temperatures - hot weather, high and low humidity, perspiration from exercise
- Foods - dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat
- Stress - it is not a cause of eczema but can make symptoms worse
- Hormones - women can experience worsening of eczema symptoms at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in their menstrual cycle.
My 1 years 7-months old son has been recently diagnosed with 'papular rash' by our pediatric doctor. He has been on daily dosage of - 1) Montair granules for 4-weeks. 2) Xyzal syrup 2 ml for 10-days. Our doctor had mentioned that if things settle down within 1-2 weeks, dosages could be reduced, however, he is currently out of town for 3-months. My son already took these medicines for 2-weeks & 2-3 new rashes have come up since past 2-3 days. Also, the existing ones seem to get cured. Should we continue the same medicines for the entire duration of 4-weeks or, is there any dosage reduction required?
My daughter is 6 years old. She doesnt want to eat food. She is very light in wt 17 kg. She got fever four times in last six months and during fever she felt like vomiting. Lab reports suggested three times nothing and once minor urinary track inf. For which she was treated accordingly. She clatters her teeth while sleeping. She was given two doses of albandazole six mths back. Kindly suggest
My 1years 8months son is not having enough food. He likes to drink milk but I think it is not sufficient for him. How to make him to eat food in a natural way.
My 5 months son have fiver since last 3-4 days. All the day he remains normal but in the late night or early morning he has fiver. Doctor asked to give paracip drops 3-4 time a day. Today morning his temp was 100. 6 f. Please suggest what I have to do.
My five years old daughter is diagnosed with -2 diopter. How can I protect her from being high myopic.
Our child is look like weak but the doctor said his weight is ok he is still active but no problem. But while seeing other persons he has no stamina his energy level is low for swimming what can we do His age is 3years and 6 months
My one and half year old son always have digestion related problem whenever he eat something different he had fever, first his head become hot then he had fever, is balkadu like medicine ok for him or should I try something different medicine because of this problem he is not gaining weight, please help.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello doctor during from last 4-5 months I got abscess on the underwear area. It comes every month and I take some medicine then it gone but again come after interval of month.
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.