Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suguna Reddy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suguna ReddyYour feedback matters!
My period was stop 1 month. I take primon n 3 days. 3 days to go Bt still period not start please suggest me that.
My wife 11 weeks Pregnant. She does not take fruits and milks. Please suggest me diet it means Fruits and Food items. I am confusing, If not taking meals and fruits will there be any problem in baby growing in this moment?
Hello mam. I am suffering from pcod. Last period was on 15th July 2017. Taking homeopathic treatment to cure pcod but didn't get my period. I get periods only when I take allopathic medicine to induce period. I want to conceive fast. Had one still birth. Many treatment of metformin nd ovulation inducing drugs has been done. But ovulation not occur. Now what should I do. please reply. Thanks.
I am 20 years old and my periods are irregular because of which I am suffering a lot. Once bleeding starts it doesn't stop for month or more. What should I do?
I had done pregnancy test but 1st time was positive one with dark line and another lighter but 1 week before I had done again that test was with just one line as negative. And yesterday I got up with periods and in it some big fleshy thing is that miscarriage if yes than what if I didn't consult a doctor.
Hi, I am 31 years old female. My grandfather died in 2001. Someone told that who loves them they will take with them, he loves my mom, from that time fear is started in me, whether my mom will die with my grandfather? Even if she goes out I feel very nerves, I have a fear what will happen to hear. I was not able to sleep. I was not able to talk with others. I was not doing what others are doing. I was not happy from inside. Still my mind is not free, something is holding me. Sometimes feel if I do this my mom will die? This kind of thoughts is coming in my mind. I am not able to work .Because I too love my mom. But my mom is good still now, but I am not able to come out from that fear and this thoughts. Wile watching TV if something happened to mother character, I feel it is my mom, And also I am losing memory power. I don’t like K from alphabets because my grandfather name and my mom name starts with K and I don’t like no 4. It is been 17 years I am suffering. Suggest me how to overcome this.
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a common phenomenon that happens to over 75% of menstruating women. It refers to a set of symptoms that a woman experiences 7 to 10 days within the onset of her monthly period. The symptoms often cause great discomfort to the woman, but disappear soon after the period gets over.
The symptoms include muscle cramps, headache, body ache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings and a lot more. This is not a pathogen related disease. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance before the start of menses in women. The level of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progesterone fluctuate inside a woman’s body prior to the menses. They are believed to have an impact on certain chemicals released by the brain. Therefore, women experience these symptoms during this time of their monthly cycle.
You don’t need to depend on strict medication to get rid of these symptoms. They can vanish if you make some changes in your lifestyle.
Here are some natural ways to get rid of these symptoms:
- Check your diet: In order to enjoy a healthy period, you need to avoid certain food items. Trans fats and hydrogenated fats can increase these symptoms. Cut down on the sugar content of your meal as high sugar level can give birth to some of these symptoms like mood swings, headache, nausea, etc. It is also important to check the water content in your body. It is advisable to avoid salt as too much water retention can be bad. Too much consumption of caffeine can cause depression and anxiety.
- Go for a holistic and balanced diet: Women must include sufficient amounts of minerals and vitamins in their diet to avoid PMS. Try eating foods that are rich in magnesium such as bananas and leafy green vegetables. Also consume Vitamin A rich foods, mainly yellow and orange vegetables.
- Take up some light exercises: Light aerobic exercises may help you in getting some relief from bloated stomach and pain. But, don’t exert yourself in doing stressful exercises.
- Try some heat: Applying a heat pad can provide relief from muscle cramps and abdominal pain. Heat dilates the blood vessels and improves flow of blood through them. This provides relief from any sort of pain.
- Drink right: It is true that too much retention of water in the body can worsen PMS. But it is advisable that you drink sufficient amount of water during the periods or before it starts. As experts say, water itself can hinder water retention in your body. Besides water, go for herbal drinks like a cup of hot ginger tea. Some herbal drinks can work wonders in preventing PMS.
- Sleep well: Adequate night sleep is a must for menstruating women.
- Oil message: Use lavender oil and cypress oil to avoid muscle cramps and tension.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!