Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SugunaYour feedback matters!
Did you know that regular sex intensifies your immunity power from various allergens and viruses, relieves you from daily stress and anxiety, and even aids in protecting the health of a man's prostate gland by pouring out the fluids within it. Regular intercourse also helps in releasing of chemicals, which improve mood as well as ease pain. May be no one told this to you, and so you have never known it. But every person can and must have intercourse until the old age! Though menopause in older women does influence the sexual drive, there is no reason why a healthy man or a woman cannot savour sexual pleasure at any point in life. Yes, the intensity and nature of the intercourse may change, but the pleasure and love will never be less.
In case your sex drive has reduced, you have plenty of reasons to bounce it back and spice up your life with a few easy tips:
- Have regular sex: This is the foremost thing that you must keep in mind. It will aid in keeping your sex drive in top gear by spiking up testosterone production, which is the hormone primarily in charge of libido in both men and women.
- Try to get rid of smoking: In case you are a chain smoker, it is advised that you pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a nicotine patch. If you ask why, it is because there is scientific evidence that smoking can clog the blood vessels in the male genitals, the way it blocks the arteries of the heart.
- Make a list of all the medicines you administer: Did you know that over 200 medicines may cause erectile dysfunction and other sexual troubles like reduced sex drive? This list includes regular medications like those used to treat high blood sugar, blood pressure, heart problems, depression and even stomach problems. So make a list of all your medicines and consult your physician to know if any of them are causing a reduction in your sexual drive. Of course, you will not be able to stop taking the medicine your body needs, but at least you can ask your doctor to change the brand or composition or dose of the medication.
- For women: Practice kegel workout: In case you have forgotten what kegel exercise is, then these are the squeezing workouts that your physician asked you to practice regularly because you faced some trouble with leaking urine. May be you are not aware that these exercises are very good for strengthening your pubococcygeus muscles, which are needed for orgasm. So practice them every day for twenty minutes.
There are many other ways to improve your sex life, and it varies from individual to individual. While consuming pesto and supplements of ginkgo biloba are great for men, there are various forms of lovemaking; be it staring at your partner or touching him or her sensuously. You must consult a sexologist to know about better ways of enhancing your conjugal life.
My Friends problem is that to his gf on day of period she didn't get on time on this month, what may be the reason, before present month in past they had a intercourse, is it a reason for that. And for not getting period on time, she is worried, an scared also. So please suggest some Solution.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife gave birth to male child siccesreon baby they put copper t now she got so much bleeding body condition weak what to do.
It may lead to destruction of the joint articular surface.
Avn mostly affects people between 30 to50 yrs of age
What is the treatment?
Ayurvedic medicines that restart the blood supply of joint to improve use of the joint
Special medicines to improve your bone healing process.& stop further damage.
Different panchakarma & upakarma procedures to make joint free to move & make joint strong too.
Massage with different oil, pind swed,& many more therapy
Stage of the disease
Patients support & willpower.
Hi doctor recently I had sex with my friend I used condom but my friend is saying she is scared that she might be a pregnant is it possible? Please guide me.
There are a few very common things that a man consumes or does every day without even realizing, that they have a tendency to reduce his fertility. These causes start from drinking and could end with something as harmless as caffeine.
Let's see which habits can cause reduction in sperm count thereby reducing fertility of a man.
- Eating processed meat harms sperm quality.
- Excessive usage of laptop can also lead to reduction in sperm count because of the heat that a laptop releases.
- Hormonal imbalance also causes low sperm production.
- If a man is underweight or overweight, this could also lead to less production of sperm. So, a man should watch his weight before thinking of extending his family.
- Exposure to too much heat for a prolonged time leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Regular smoking also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Excessive stress also causes reduction in sperm count.
- Regular and continuous exposure to chemicals like xylene, painting material and metal like lead also leads to low sperm count.
- Chemicals present in sunscreen lotion can harm a man's sperm count so one should be alert while using a sunscreen lotion.
- Sex toys also cause infertility in men because of presence of phthalates in them.
- Regular intake of canned food can also contribute in low sperm count.
- Regular drinking habits reduce testosterone levels thereby reducing the quality and production of sperm.
- Excessive intake of canned food leads to intake of bisphenol A which lowers down the quality of the sperm.
- Excess intake of caffeine also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Lack of exercise and laziness also reduces sperm count to a great extent.
Some of the above mentioned things can be unavoidable, but point here is that taking everything in moderate quantity doesn't do any harm but problem occurs when the intake is excessive, regular and beyond limit. So, it's better to reduce the quantity and regular use of such things than letting it affect your sperm count. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment.
Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
- Eliminate nonorganic dairy products, beef, and chicken – because organic foods contain no added growth hormones. Increase nutrient-rich foods, especially cruciferous vegetables (broccoli cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, and bok choy), soy, cold-water fish (small fish when possible) and fiber.
- Limit alcohol intake. Remember to eat protein at each meal and at each snack to keep the hormones more stable.
- Maintain healthy levels of body fat to limit endogenous estrogen production.
- Supplement with vitamins and minerals (especially calcium and magnesium) to make up for what is lacking in your daily food intake – pharmaceutical grade is the best.
- Supplement with omega–3 essential fatty acids as a natural anti-inflammatory.
There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone,
Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases. A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello Doctor, Meri problem ye hai ki mujhe periods regularly ni aa rhe. Starting me to period cycle 6-7days ka hota tha but ab 3-4 days ka ho gya hai. And bleeding bhi kam hoti hai. After marriage mujhe jab periods aaye to bleeding 11 days tak hui. Doctor se consult kiya to unhone btaya ki rasoli ki starting hai and Ovaryl tablets di hai mujhe. Mera question ye hai ki is problem ki vjah se preganancy me koi problem aa skti hai ya nhi.
Hi 32 years of age, went lapro cystectomy for endometrioma in 2013 and lap adhesiolysis in 2014. conceived through ivf in 2015 and miss carried at 3 weeks and then again naturally pregnant and miscarried at 12 weeks. Scanned reports show bulky uterus 8.9*5.3*6.3 cm with posterior uterine wall myoma 38*34 MM. Cyst of 4.5*2.8 cm is seen in left ovary. So due to two lapro doc has advised to go for open abdominal myomectomy. Can I conceive without surgery preventing miscarriage? Or do I require to go for surgery? Please opine. Thanks.
I am 40 years old female. Having fibroids problem and severe abdominal pain during periods. Consulted 2 doctors already and advised to remove uterus. Need advise. Is there any alternate?
Tests and Treatments for Multiple Miscarriages
I am doctor Mohan Routh, a practicing Gynecologist for last 27 years and partner of ICPRN Indias 1st Immuno therapy center for treatment of patients with repeated miscarriages and ivf or implantation failure.
Today I am going to discuss about various investigations that will help us to find out what is the cause in repeated cases of miscarriage. Now depending on different causes there are different investigations. When the problem is genetic there are test known as karyotype of the pregnancy which is aborted. It is same for the karyotype checkup that is the chromosomal pattern of the pregnancy is checked. Also karyotype or the chromosomal pattern of the parents are checked to find out if there is any genetic problem. For structural problem of the uterus there are tests like sonography, especially 3d sonography.
Then test like hysterosalpingogram which is an xray test, then procedures like laparoscopy and hysteroscopy which helps us to find out if there is any structural problem in the uterus. For detecting endocrine problems test for diabetes like fasting and post lunch blood sugar HBA1C, for thyroid problems T3 T4 TSH, for polycystic overine disease the fsch and lh level and sonography help us to clinge the diagnosis. For infections there are a series of test, known as torch titer. In this investigations are done for toxoplasma, rubella, cytomegalo virus, herpis etc and it helps us in the diagnosis of infections. For the auto immune problems there are different tests which include anti-nuclear anti bodies, ss dna test , antiphospholipid anti bodies, lupas anti coagulant, protein c and s, so these are the various tests which tells us about the auto immune problem.
Now if all these tests are normal then the factor that is responsible is allo-immune factor. For that we do certain more tests when all the tests so far are normal. And these tests are lymphocyte crossmatch, levels of natural killer cells in the peripheral blood and in the endometrium. A chemical called tnf alpha which is produced by the lymphocytes in the blood. So these tests help us to do diagnosis of allo-immune problems. Once the diagnosis is achieved the treatment can be given accordingly depending upon the positive tests. For allo-immune problem the treatment is immune-therapy or lymphocyte immunization therapy which is an active form of immune therapy which helps to get over this problem.
For more about lymphocyte immunization therapy I will talk in my next video. For more information you can contact me on www.lybrate.com Thank you!