Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am getting periods regularly. Unmarried. But 3-4 days before normal periods I am getting brown/black colour scanty discharge for the past one year. What's reason for tat. Pls suggest me some treatment,/ home remedies.
I am 25 years old female. I had oral sex without condom. Can I get pregnant? can pre cum make me pregnant? he rubbed his penis near my vagina and little inside it but did not ejaculate inside me.
My wife is in my first month of pregnancy and we read that pineapple is not good in pregnancy. Before coming to know this she took pineapple juice three time. She had some lower abdominal pain for sometime. Should we be worried? does consuming pineapple occasionally leads to complications?
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries include producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.
My girl friend has been on menesse 0.01mg for 2 weeks now. Do you think it is safe for us to have sex. Without any barrier methods.
My spouse @44, her breast are heavy, than she wants get rid of from heavy, kindly suggest some tips.
We are in a relationship since 5 years and now it is decided by our parents and family to get married next year. In these 5 years I got pregnant 5 times, (i. E. 2 times I miscarried, 2 times I had d&c procedure done @ 3 months & 1 time I had an abortion done @ 5 months through a normal delivery procedure.) I know it's really disgusting what we did:((but all that happened without any prior notice. Means I never get to know that I am pregnant, I was on my regular periods always, no pains no any other symptoms of pregnancy recognized by the time. And that is for every 5 time. Even that last time, I didn't get to know that I was pregnant (i had my periods every 5 months, no pains, no any other symptoms of pregnancy I found, even 1st two months I checked through pregnancy kit, it showed negative result). So I didn't have any idea about getting pregnant n that so with 5 months. By the time of 5 months I felt severe pains in my pelvic muscles n back n for that I visited the gynecologist n then she told me that I am pregnant. N after ultrasound it got totally clear. Doctor made us comfortable and fine again. Thanks to her. Now. We still live together, we have regular sex and again my periods are normal. Sometimes precautions are used, sometimes not. My question is this. That 1. Please tell me if all that happened earlier can affect my future pregnancies? 2. What should we do to avoid regular pregnancies only for 1 more year? 3. Miscarriages, d&c, abortion. What effect will be on my future pregnancies? 4. Is is normal to have sex daily. With or without precautions?
I am 26 year married woman I feel very elastic to my vagina from few months I want to be tightened it please give me a positive way to do.
It is supposed to start my period on 5 or 6 of this month but still not started and i got sex last 18 february and i didn' t let the sperm there and it tested two times shows negative. And stilll no period plese help me.
Hi I have a pcos problem and I am married for 2 years. We tried naturally for one month but I did not conceived. So second month we consulted a doctor she kept me on clomifene citrate 50 mg from 3-9 days. And she gave a hcg shot on 14th day of my cycle. And we had timely intercourse but unfortunately I got my periods after taking gestofit. So the doctor advised me to have SSG test done. But I was not ready for that as we planned pregnancy only one month back. So we consulted another doc and she kept me on clomifene citrate 100 mg from day 4-8 and forminal for 30 days and weekly vit D supplement. So please tell me what are the chances of my successful pregnancy this time. Is SSG test necessary?
On random intercourse my girl vagina get dry For 2 times she able to produce enough internal lube but when I go with 3rd time After playing orally her vagina not get lube it's very dried and hard to have sex For that that we gell Is it okay with her and am asking Coz it repeated happen.
Is there any posture to sleep in pregnancy? What food items we should not eat in this time can you plss suggest me doctors.
I am 21 years old female suffering from pcod. My doctor suggest me birth control pills (ginette35. Bt I did not get my period after having it. Now am on the 27th day. I yet did not get the period. What should I do now? Should I continue with the medicine or consult the doctor again?
1. Early scan at 6 weeks for confirmation of pregnancy with routine blood tests. (hb, blood group, hiv, hbsag, hcv, vdrl, urine routine examination).
Medicines- folic acid 5mg once a day and doxinate tablet three times a day for vomiting
2. At 11 to 13.6 weeks- dual marker test with nt nb scan.
If you have crossed 12 weeks and no vomiting constipation then start iron calcium and protein supplementation.
Diet consultation should be done.
3. At 16 weeks get your first tetanus toxoid injection as per who. Some may prefer taking later.
4. At 18weeks- anomaly scan to be done. And prenatal classes can be started.
5. At 20 weeks- 2nd tetanus toxoid injection.
6. At 22 weeks- fetal 2d echo, if you are suffering from diabetes, heart problem, hypertension, previous baby having anomalies etc.
7. At 24 weeks- fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels or dipsi test. (dipsi test can be done at first visit also)
8. At 28 weeks- routine ultrasound with colour doppler. Repeat blood investigations. Get yourself booked with hospital. Take fluvac if not taken previously.
9. At 32 weeks- visit your doctor for routine check up and discuss regarding hospital and delivery.
10. At 36 weeks repeat scan for growth, lie, presentation, and fetal wellbeing.
11. At 37 weeks- pelvic adequacy to check whether you can go for normal delivery. It helps obstetrician and patient in ruling out whether fetal head can pass through pelvis or not. And decision making regarding trial of labour. This is s poo specific for primi patients.
12.36 weeks onwards weekly nst should be done to check fetal heart monitoring.
This is standard protocol what we follow in practice. Others may vary or defer with it. Depending on different practice scenario and academic patterns.
All the best!