Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SuganthiYour feedback matters!
I feel back pain from a long time. I feel it when I play games like cricket, football .How to get over from this?
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries.