Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhir Pai
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir PaiYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years female I have trigeminal neuralgia .i was under ayurvedic treatment for 2 months and there was no pain for nearly 3 months .now again pain started .we are planning for pregnancy .doctor prescribed me bala thailam and dhanwandhram 101 capsules is it safe? Can I take it while planning?
I am having migraine problem since 13 years but still I get attack of it suddenly. What should I do to recover it?
Sir, I am a banker and I am suffering from feet and leg swelling with itching and constipation and nerve pain some time whole body itching and jhunjhlahat anger mostly in summer.
I'm 17 years old boy and suffering from migraine, I always have headache and due to pain I also take analgesic tablets but no relief is feel and now due to excess of analgesic I am suffering from hyper acidity, so please help me for relief in hyperacidity and migraine pain.
I am a 20 year old female. I am getting my treatment done for microadonema and in that process I got my MRI scan done which suggested that there are small T2/FLASH hyperintensities in the posterior petrigonal deep white matter-non specific. What does this mean?
Im 25 year old female. Im facing sleeping disorders from past 10 months. Eg.whem im in deep sleep I feel im awake n I try to get up but I couldn't. I researched about this on internet n got to know that it's a condition of sleep paralysis. Not only this I get scary dreams n hallucinations when im more tired. Cn I please know what happened to me actually n what can I do to get rid of my problems?
My age is 23 years old. At this age I take suminat 25 or 50 mg for severe migraine 8 to 10 times a month. Is it safe?
I had disk protrusion in l4 and l5 in 2013 dec. How seriously I should consider that now while forward bending exercises.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.