Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir PaiYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old. I had a stoke of seizure in Jan-16 and my neurologist put me under medication of Levera XR 750 (once a day). As per him, these tablets are to be continued for 2 years. Then I tried to conceive in Aug-16 but had to abort as recommended by my gums due to absence of heart beat after 3 weeks. Now again I am planning to conceive and already taking COR-3 and Ecosprin-75. Now on recommendation by going, I am starting fertile F instead of Ecosprin-75. Is it safe to have Levera XR 750 during pregnancy. Pls. Note that my blood group is O negative and had Anti-D dose during abortion of previous pregnancy. Pls. Advice, is all these are enough to avoid any complications again?
Hello sir/mam, My dad had a minor accident and got hit on head. He was in a confused state fo 30 mins after that and a very slight memory loss. Is that a matter of concern or it is normal?
I am 22 years old. I have a problem of seizure since childhood. I have consulted so many doctors till now about this, but no use. What should I do? we are highly anticipate your response, please tell me.
Hello doctor I have problem of anxiety disorder and hand shaking now these days I have suffering from neck shaking also please suggest me good medication for this that available easiely in medical stores. If I can't improve then I go to see a doctor. Please help me.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.