Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. SudhirYour feedback matters!
Though nosebleeds are usually not a cause for serious concern, it can sometimes be a scary experience and cause a lot of anxiety. The nose is home to a lot of blood vessels and being fragile they bleed easily. Nosebleeds, however, can be a cause of concern if they happen regularly. While a few factors can be taken care of easily, there are a few rare cases that are actually alarming.
- Injury or blow to the nose: Any injury or sudden blow may cause the nose to bleed. The severity of bleeding depends on the intensity and nature of blow/ injury.
- Sinusitis: Bleeding is seen in a moderate number of cases of sinusitis. Not every person with sinusitis experiences nose bleeds though.
- Hypertension/ high blood pressure: People, who have high blood pressure and one or more of other predisposing factors, might experience nosebleed in some cases. High blood pressure basically increases your chances of experiencing nosebleed.
- Liver infection: This condition can be one of the rare causes of nosebleed.
- Conditions hampering blood clot formation: There are certain medical conditions in which the blood clot formation does not take place effectively and thus the bleeding incidents can happen with minor causes as well.
- Blood thinning medication: People having blood thinning medicines are more prone to experiencing an episode of nose bleed for obvious reasons.
- Excessive scratching or sneezing: This might cause the nasal wall to rupture, causing minor bleeding.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In people who consume alcohol in an excessive amount, nose bleeding might occur as an after effect.
- Blood cancer/ leukemia: In some cases of leukemia, the patient might experience nosebleed along with other complications.
While some causes can be self-cured at home, a few others need proper treatment from a medical practitioner.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?
I have sever throat infection. Unable to drink water or swallow salaiva. Already gogling with hot salt water at least 10 times a day. I see some infection near tonsils. Like a dot in the top of tomato. I also tried gogling with disprine water. Please advice.
How to know sinus or dust allergy .I have both symptoms .doctor prescribed me levocetirizine tab. Still I have same problem.
I hear continuously 24x7 a whistle sound in my both the ears from last six months, I have consultant with some good doctors and they seeking it is tinnitus and it is incurable, please suggest how can I get back to my normal life?
Recently diagnosed I have rt throat polyp. My age 47and weight 62kg. Please give me some advice. What type of treatment I should take for recover my voice. I am a little singer.
I am snoring heavily at night. And even at evening nap also I am snoring I know I am snoring at evening but I could nt stop snorr. Due to heavy snore my friends and family are not able to sleep properly. But I am sleeping very well. But I seriously want to stop this snoring.
I have a problem of chronic sinusitis. I took medication eg. Levocitrizine about one month but after that it again started. So please help me sir.
My dad is having sinus as we had go to camp on friday (june 30) can anyone suggest good nasal drops and inhaler please suggest as soon as possible.
I suffer from headache a lot of times. Moreover, I also have sinus and cough and cold issues. What is the probable solution to the same?
I have recently started getting swelling on my face. Reason is unknown, though I have cold, sinus as I can feel it at my eyebrows. The first time I had my half face swelled completely. Of late it is at places like between eyebrows then next day it moves to the left side. I can't understand what problem and disease it is exactly. Please guide and advise.
I am 36 old. I have little throat infection last 1 year I shows doctors they given medicines. It's work but not total.
I have infection in my throat and that infection creates problem in eating something so what precautions should I take to clear this infection.
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.