Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. SudhindraYour feedback matters!
PCOS is an abbreviation for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It is a problem that is caused in women when their hormones are out of balance. It affects menstrual periods and can even hinder conception when aggravated to an advanced stage. Many women having PCOS develop small cysts on their ovaries. These cysts might not be harmful, but they lead to hormonal imbalances.
Common symptoms include:
- Gain of weight or Weight loss problems
- Excess hair on body and face
- Irregularities in periods
- Fertility problems
It is possible for most women with PCOS who fail to attain pregnancy easily to use other treatments to get pregnant. Using In vitro fertilization (IVF) is one such mode of treatment. The procedure is helpful if done within the age of forty. You should undergo IVF only in a high quality clinic under the supervision of an experienced doctor.
There is a considerable amount of risk of having a higher order multiple pregnancy due to treatment of PCOS infertility using injectable gonadotrophins. Recent developments have allowed the patients to maintain high rates of pregnancy while simultaneously controlling the risk of multiple pregnancy. A variant of the standard IVF treatment known as Blastocyst embryo transfer is useful in the control of multiple birth rates. Generally, success rates for IVF treatment in cases where infertility is caused due to PCOS is quite high.
IVF Protocols for PCOS
There are two simulation protocols that are commonly used with PCOS:
- Ganirelix with Lupron trigger protocol: Used to avoid ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- PCOS down-regulation protocol
This protocol combines:
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
A calendar is followed for the down regulation protocol for PCOS. Before starting with Lupron, a dosage ( 500 mg, 3 times a day) of metformin is followed daily. After this, oral contraceptive pills are prescribed for around 21 days. Lupron coincides with the last 3 pills of birth control.
Lupron is a subcutaneous injection of a medicine that is taken once daily. Simulation of the ovaries is initiated after 6 or 7 days without using pills. It is very important with polycystic ovary that the dose of FSH hormone is properly controlled and that the ovarian response is cautiously monitored. Over response to the treatment can cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. This should be avoided.
I am diabetic so what are the precautions to be taken and procedures to control my diabetic it was 300 plus one time.
I am diabetic and have thyroid I am loosing weight my weight was 78 kgs before 4 years last year came down to 74 kgs recently checked it came down to 71 is it healthy? My sugar levels are before breakfast will be around 98 to 103 After food it will be around 140 My tech are normal My height is 5.10 feet I take daily before food Gemer 2 mg Telmisat 40 mg and thyronorm 75 Night I take tab gluconorm I have sever gastritis Is losing weight is healthy or nor.
I am 59 years old man I have sugar since 2 years onwards and using tablets cetapin 1000 mg 2 tablets per a day. Recently 219 diagnosed post lunch test and fasting 106. So wat are your suggestions to me to reduce my problem.
I am a diabetic patient since last 10 years. I am using medicines and insulin (insulin started since last 4 years only). Now I am getting pain on my right shoulder and minimum 2-3 times urine passing in the night. Kindly advice.
I am a 36 year old women I am suffering from throid for the past two years and taking thyroxine tablet. Whether I have to take the tablet for the whole life period or what should I do? and also my weight is also increasing day by day. Please advise me.
My HbA1c is is 7.5 (HPLC) and average blood sugar is 169 mg/dl Please let me know the if I am diabetic. My RBS fasting is 160 and post lunch is 220.
Goodevening doctor, I am 35 years old lady diagnosed with hypothyroid since 2 yrs. Taking 50 mg eltroxin daily. My weight is gaining so much should I take green coffee bean tablets for weightless. Is there any sideeffects of this. Regards.
Sir meri wife ka 29 june 2016 ko C SECTION hua tha aur 2 month 16 day ki baby girl hai sir unka body sooj gaya hai aur night me bo 5 or 6 baar urine bhi jati aur bahut thrust bhin lagata hai sir batay ki ye sab symptoms delivery ke baad normal hai ya phir unko diabetes ho gayi hai sir diabetes bala byakti kitne time tak jinda rahta hai aur aage me kya karoon.
I am taking medicine for B P and Sugar. Both under control. I am very found of Pea Nuts and daily I used to eat a fistful of Pea Nuts. Is it healthy or harmful?
I hav diabetes its in starting stage what care I should do to not to increase that stage to stop diabetes?
My HbA1c is 5.6 & MBG - is 100.5, is it normal, r still I am pre diabetes? Pls suggest me. Bcoz thinking that I am pre diabetes I stopped coffee, tea, rice and other bakery items, not even oats biscuits. Whether I can take oats biscuits, millets and chappati's in my diet?
I am a 44 year old male and suffering from diabetic for the last 7 years and taking medicine of gluformin g1 half in the morning and 1 at night after food. Can you suggest some more effective method for controlling diabetics.
Infertility is an increasing problem in contemporary times. More and more women and men are detected with infertility and opt for artificial and medical procedures to conceive a child. However, even today it is seen that the numbers of infertile women are more in comparison to infertile men. There are several reasons why infertility develops in women. Some of the major causes of infertility in women are discussed below.
- Ovulation disorder: There are several reasons as to why a woman may experience irregular menstrual cycles. Some of them are high-stress levels, weight balance issues, late marriages and the like. But in these cases, the underlying cause is absence or scanty ovulation. Thus, if you experience slight irregularity in your monthly cycles, it is best to consult a doctor and get evaluated. It is best to keep weight in normal range and reduce stress.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: These tubes are channels, which connect the ovary ( which produces eggs called ova ) and the uterus. During normal conception, the sperms travel from the vagina into the uterus and then reach the fallopian tubes in which the ovum is available after ovulation. At times, these fallopian tubes get blocked which results in the inability of the sperms to reach the egg. This leads to infertility. Blocked fallopian tubes can be treated and if you are diagnosed with the issue, it is best to start the treatment as early as possible.
- Endometriosis: This condition develops when the endometrial lining of the uterus is found abnormally spread in the pelvis over ovaries, and other organs. Due to this “ectopic” endometrium, in women with endometriosis, the periodic bleeding is also accompanied by bleeding from these abnormal sites, and this causes the pelvic organs to malfunction and get stuck to each other. Women who have endometriosis have severe dysmenorrhea ( periodic pain), dyspareunia (pain during sex) and constant tummy aches, chocolate cysts in ovaries, and infertility. This condition also needs urgent treatment otherwise, the stuck organs make infertility treatment difficult.
- Unhealthy eggs: The health of the egg is determined by factors such as hormonal levels, low or high-stress levels, anger and anxiety levels, environmental factors, hormone production in the body and the like. Thus, any of the said factors might affect the health of the egg produced and make it unhealthy in nature. Unhealthy eggs would render the woman infertile in the long run.
Thus, these are some of the causes of infertility in women. In case you are having trouble in conceiving, it is advisable to opt for a thorough check up by your gynecologist. Sometimes you may be required to take help of artificial reproductive technologies like IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) and IVF (In Vitro Fertilitsation).
My mother's legs are swelling so much from past 1 month. She is a diabetic patient. Please tell me what should I do for it? Thank you.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With In-vitro fertilization (IVF), couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.