Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I feel hungry and thirsty most of the time. My parents have diabetes. Are these early signs of diabetes?
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
My wife underwent a total thyroidectomy operations on 26.02. 2016. Which food to take and which food to avoid. Please give a guideline.
My uric acid levels is reported as 7.50/compared to a range of 3.50 -7.20. Additionally I am constantly having pain in my ankle and heel since last few months in both feet sometime in morning or sometime in afternoon as well. Someone said that higher uric acid leads to Gout. I have started going on brisk walk and small run since for last 2 months. What's wrong? My mother also have high uric acid issues and pain in ankle.
Now I am pregnant and my pregnancy is 15 weeks. I am taking thyronorm 37.5 everyday for last 2 months. Now it is found that tsh is 2.56 and ft4 is 12. My query is should I continue with same dose ?
She is 63 years old suffering from diabetes-on Insulin+other allopathy medicines but the sugar level running from 70 to 200 and more. Today fasting 90 but PP is going high between 200 to 300. She is on Insulin from last 15 years. Can she be treated with you? And I am also suffering from Slip Disc. L4 L5 S1 and taken 15 days Ayurvedic treatment such as Katibastyi, Malish, Steam bath etc but there is nothing complete and permanent. Please advise us to permanent treatment.
I'm diabetic melitus. Suffering from last 10 years. Currently it's in control. My waight is 57 kg age 45 years. How can I increase my weight?
Sir I want to know about diabetes and please tell me right treatment and how can I safe from this deases thanks sir.
Dear Dr. I AM 64 , I am suffering to diabetic My blood sugar fasting 230 random 280 pl. suggestion a tablet now I eat glycomet 1 mg.
I got slight sugar complaint and doctor adviced to avoid sweets and sugar in tea. No medicine advised. What are the food to be avoided ?
Having diabetes does not mean you can?t enjoy the fun and excitement that traveling brings with it. With a little bit of planning you can enjoy your travels to the fullest and keep your diabetes in check.
Always carry your prescription along while travelingCarry at least twice as many medicines and insulin as you usually needAlways carry extra batteries with your glucometerCarry small snacks to help cope with low sugar levelsNever store insulin in checked luggage, it may be exposed to extreme temperaturesCheck your blood sugar levels regularlyDo simple stretching exercises in your seat during the flightHave small, frequent meals instead of three big meals in a dayPrefer water, unsweetened teas/ coffee or diet soda to other drinksWear comfortable shoes and never go out bare feet on beaches