Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sudheer R PrabhuYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments.?
There is a some challa(ulcer) in my tongue from few days. Is this happen due to less folic acid? what should I do?
Ever wondered what is the best diet to prevent cavities and avoid all that pain at the dentist?
While food is something that no one can do without, there are some of us who eat to live and others who live and love to eat.
The websters dictionary defines a foodie as: a person who enjoys and cares about food very much
The entire diet and nutrition industry has been conjured around this over or under obsession of food. We have the foodies who indulge in delectable delights and then we have the diet junkies who abstain from everything.
No matter which end of the spectrum you belong to foodie or diet junkie you can't deny the importance of your teeth in enjoying your food.
The ability to eat food is something that we easily take for granted up to the point that we are unable to eat due to poor dental or general health. Loss of teeth can have far-reaching effects not only on your face but also on your general health, lifestyle, self-image and mental state.
Impact of tooth loss
Altered taste sensation
Inability to chew
Reduced or increased salivation
Can you imagine a world where you couldn't experience the pleasures of eating your favorite food? biting into delicious slices of pizza or that chunk of yummy chocolate or even a juicy piece of chicken for the meat lovers!
While everyone seems to be on a diet of some sort these days here's what we call a dental diet or a few healthy habits that can ensure you maintain your pearlies and prevent cavities and pain till you're around!
Eating for your teeth
Milk and milk products have proven to strengthen teeth, whether at developing stages of dentition or even as we go through life. Cheese, yogurt, and milk in any form are rich sources of calcium which if not included in your diet should be substituted by a calcium supplement.
Soft synthetic processed foods reduce the efficiency and health of our teeth in contrast fibrous foods like apples, carrots and celery are all supposed to stimulate gums and teeth to maintain their optimal functions of chewing, shearing, and biting.
Indulging your sweet tooth
Eat all the pastries, chocolates and candy that you want but rinse thoroughly post meals so no remnants of these get stuck in your teeth to prevent cavities. Sweet dishes are the leading cause of cavity development.
Drink plenty of water to ensure that the food particles get rinsed off your teeth and the acid content in your saliva is kept diluted.
When drinking something sour like colas and lime juice make sure you have it with a straw. Acidic foods can deplete the enamel layer of your teeth causing wear and erosion leading sensitivity
While science and technology have replaced teeth with artificially fixed substitutes through implants and state of the art replacement techniques, even as experts, we recommend prevention is better than cure!
So a shout out to all you foodies, at least for the love of food make sure you look after your teeth or it can be a very bleak and hungry future out there! take precautions and prevent cavities that are so ugly and painful!
My teeth are not aligned. My front two teeth are slightly over one another. Is there any solution to correct them without using braces.
I have gas in my stomach and I have mouth pain and I have fever from many I want your advice and the main thing is I dint eat anything from 2 days because of my pain in my body.
Bad breath is a dental problem which could also emanate due to poor digestion. It can also be experienced as a side effect of other ailments as well as medications. Smoking and bad diet may lead to this and it usually becomes a matter of low self-esteem as time goes by. Homeopathy is one of the most natural forms of medication, treatment and wellness when it comes to such problems that affect the lifestyle of the patient. These medicines usually combine very small doses of naturally found elements so as to cure an ailment or condition. Yet, it is important to remember that one must get a prescription for these medicines from a professional medical practitioner.
Read on to know more about the types of homeopathic remedies available for bad breath.
- Merc Sol: If your bad breath problem also comes with symptoms like a moist mouth or constant dribbling, then this medicine may be prescribed. This usually happens when the salivary glands become too active and produce more moisture than what the mouth can handle on a normal basis.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is usually prescribed if the patient complains of a dry mouth along with a bad breath problem. This helps in treating related symptoms like the lack of proper hydration due to the lack of thirst. Not drinking enough water can also lead to the problem of dry mouth and thereafter, a bad odour from the mouth.
- Kreosote: This medicine is considered as a very effective medication for bad breath, especially if the bad breath takes place due to caries in the teeth. This medicine can also help patients who are experiencing bleeding gums along with caries and bad breath.
- Hepar Sulphur and Carbo Veg: The combination of these two medicines is known as one of the best when it comes to treating bad breath. The other symptoms that call for the prescription of these medicines include Gingivitis or gum infection related problems and symptoms. When there is bleeding and pus in the gums due to the infection, then this medicine is usually prescribed. Excessive salivation is also another symptom that is treated by this medicine combination. Hepar Sulphur can be used if there is a throat-related infection or ailment that can lead to the problem of bad breath.
- Carbolic Acid: A homeopathic doctor will usually prescribe this medicine if the problem of bad breath is accompanied by intense and perpetual pain in the abdomen. The patient will also complain of gas in stomach due to the ailment that affects the stomach in such cases. This gives rise to many symptoms including bad breath. Loss of appetite is also treated by this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.