Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SudhamatiYour feedback matters!
I am age of 26years, female, married, I started for planning kids. So what type of steps should I take care before pregnancy and after pregnancy. please guide me.
I don't want to get pregnant and I don't want my husband to know about it. What should I do or keep in mind after sex? Is taking pills safe? Does it kills baby inside? I don't want to kill baby inside. How does pills works? What all should I keep in mind after sex for not getting pregnant by any chance. I am 28/F never got pregnant ever.
I am 7 week 2 days pregnant as 3 days before i had a sex with my husband. Is there any wrong happened to my pregnancy?
I am a polysystic ovarian patient. Is there any chance to get conceived. I have take pills to periods. Does it affect badly for the baby.
I have a dark skin tone and there are blemishes under my eyes. I want to remove those blemishes and get a brighter lightened skin. Is it possible to achieve them naturally? And, what period of time is required for achieving them? Please help.
I had one fibroadenoma in left breast. Bt before 6 months I operated. Now I don't have bt still sometimes I feel pain there. Soo please call you tell me what should i do & why its paining.
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
The disease is usually suspected after an ultrasound suggests an ovarian cyst with a specific appearance. If there is a suspicion of ovarian cancer on ultrasound, you doctor may ask for a blood test for markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer:
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children with your own eggs. The option of egg freezing should be discussed before resorting to this step. Furthermore, if both ovaries are removed, it leads to menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss.
One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are problems in any parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 26 years old female I am pregnant with 2 month I do not want right now any kids how to abort this child?
Hello, friends, I am Dr Rakhi Gupta, I am senior consultant gynaecology and obstetrician I am here to talk about female diseases.
So regarding female diseases, we have a very complicated biological system meant for reproduction, masturbation, lactation and so many other things. So I will just give you a brief about female anatomy. The female anatomy comprises of reproductive organs which consists of vagina, cervix area, uterus, tubes and the ovaries. Different diseases of different organs cause different problems for example the ovaries very commonly we are saying Polycystic ovarian disease is which leads to infertility and other problems. Then there is ovarian tumors and infection. Similarly the tubes tube may be involved in various infections, the blockage of tube may also lead to the problems of infertility. Ovaries are the place as you know the egg is formed and here it is mainly responsible for the reproduction and menstrual cycle. It may be affected because of various diseases which is Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD infections, inflammations and tumors. The tube may be involved in infections or may be blocked which may lead to infertility again. Now uterus is the place where womb is where foetus is carried. It may be affected by different things such as infection, inflammation, different actions from fibroids, tumour. And there may be problem related to different kind of vaginal discharges. There may be excessive bleeding from vagina and similar kind of problems.
Furthermore there is a cervix which is the main area which is mouth of the uterus. It is the main part of the uterus which bears the brunt during the intercourse so here it is prone to infections or cervical carcinoma which is second most commonest cancer after the breast cancer. So we have to know what are the symptoms for which we have to consult a doctor. Any problem in cases of Mensuration, irregularities, severe pain, too heavy cycles, too frequent cycles have to be consulted. Apart from that there may be abnormal vaginal discharge, there may be itching, there may be blood mixed discharge and so many other things. In case of constant abdominal pain, back ache, one must discuss the doctors.
So in case of any such thing it is always better rather than suffering we must consult.
So in case of any such problem I am always available to all of you. For such kind of things you may consult me through lybrate website. You may take appointment and see me accordingly.
My wife monthly period is not complete at every month, hardly 2 days and very very less, please give solution.
Meri gf ka period pichle month 23 ko aaya tha is month abhi tak nahi aya hai . Hamane os bich koi sex bhi nai kiya hai . Kya kare?
Hllo please suggest me that my wife has 4 month baby so now we can intercourse now Using lubricant or without lubricant.
I have a problem if white discharge n I feel wet while sitting on table at ma school time what can I do to get rid from this thing.
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
If you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is in turn is supported by your thighs.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 26 and I want my married life to be without child atleast for another 5 years. How to avoid having child along with my regular sexual life.
I am 23 female. Done my thyroid test T3 1.33 T4 6.30 TSH 16.33.and even they mentioned some pregnancy trimester 1 2 and 3. What is that. Am not getting periods from 4 months.
My vagina is swelling and there is red rashes over it, moreover it includes itching problem also, Can you tell me why is this happening?
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder of the endocrine system in women. It has been found that women suffering from PCOS have enlarged ovaries. These bigger ovaries contain fluids called follicles. During an ultrasound examination, these follicles are seen. If you are suffering from irregular or prolonged menstrual periods, acne, obesity and uncontrolled hair growth, you can get yourself tested for PCOS. However, doctors have failed to determine the exact cause of PCOS. This condition can have dangerous consequences and affect the overall health of the patient. If left untreated, it can cause type 2 diabetes or heart diseases.
What happens in PCOS?
Women suffering from this disorder experience a hormonal imbalance in their body. The hormone changes triggers multiple issues in the body. Sometimes, body produces excess of sex hormone. Women may develop masculine features due to over-production of male hormones or androgens. There might be imbalance in insulin levels, increasing the risk of developing diabetes.
What causes PCOS?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of PCOS is not known. Researchers have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for developing PCOS. However, some believe that the cause has hereditary links.
Symptoms of PCOS
The symptoms of PCOS are usually mild in nature during the initial stage. In the beginning, only few symptoms are detectable. These include acne, obesity, extra hair growth on face, thinning of hair on the scalp and irregular periods. The symptoms often get unnoticed by the patient first or they relate those of the pregnancy.
Conceiving with PCOS
In case, you have been detected with PCOS and it is the reason behind your infertility, you must not get dishearten. You have a possibility to induce ovulation. One can opt for fertility medications. These drugs have shown success in ovulation and pregnancy.
Some of these are as follows:
1. Metformin. It helps to regulate the amount of insulin in the blood. It also helps to resolve fertility issues.
2. Clomiphene citrate. It stimulates ovulation
3. Gonadotropins. These are known to be hormone shots, which cause ovulation.
4. Letrozole. This drug is known to block estrogen production. Instead, it increases production of follicle-stimulating hormone.
5. Ovarian drilling. If fertility medications fail, doctor may try doing a surgery known as “ovarian drilling.” In this method, a surgeon inserts a needle through the abdomen of the patient to destroy a smaller portion of the ovaries. This lowers the androgens produced by the ovary.