Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhamani M.DYour feedback matters!
I am pretty sure that my girlfriend is a virgin and never had sex before I did lick her vagina many times as well as kissed her cracked lips but never had intercourse so I wanna know can I get HIV from her if yes how?
Hello doctor i'm suffering from pcos and irregular periods. My last periods date is 12 - 18 whats the time for ovulation. As my this months period date is 8 -15? Will I able to conceive? And my weight is increasing a lot.
My wife is pregnant from 2 weeks. We do not want this child I saw some natural remedies to miscarriage on internet. Now she is having so much stomach aches.
I am 27 year old married women. I wanted to know are there any operations that can be done for being a virgin again.
I have missed my periods for this month. My age is 16. I'm having pain in my stomach and headache as well. Though i'm virgin, I never had sex. So, please suggest what would might have the reason behind this and help me out. -Thankyou.
Hello Sir, I am 23years old. And I am married since October. My husband is presently staying in Bangalore and I am pursuing out my PG course in TamilNadu. We met before one month and where he stayed with me here we had intercourse then. I had a delayed menstrual cycle. And It was not like as my regular bleeding. It extended just for 3days continuously as blood stokes. And for next two days I did not suffer from such bleeding and again irregular bleeding (blood stokes) is been constantly noted for two days. I have checked my pregnancy using a pregnancy card. And above all I am a PCOD patient too. Will I be able to get pregnant this time? And I feel sudden dizziness accompanied with vomits and nausea. What should I do now? I had a negative result of pregnancy in my pregnancy card. What am I suffering from? Health wise I am much weak too. I can't concentrate on my regular works. Can you please guide me now? I m so lean too.
My wife had a miscarriage yesterday. She was 45 days pregnant. Her thyroid tsh level was 5.7. She was continuing thyronorm 25mcg. Is it responsible for her miscarriage? What must be the tsh level in the first trimester. What precautions must be taken for our future baby. After how many days we can have sex from now.
I am a 4th month pregnant I do not have motion freely what will I do please give me reply?Please tell.
I have a friend who is 20 year old, during her periods she used to suffer from intense stomachache. Is there any solution?
Hello sir, one month before my marriage takes place. We both trying for baby. We did safe sex after her periods on 13,14,15th day. Also we did regular sex after period was over on 5th day. But today 8th march her period is come. Why this problem happen? Why she is not getting pregnant? What to do me and she? Which diet should we take? What precaution should we take? please help me sir.
Have you ever been all comfy and settled in bed only to feel a little itch? You give it a rub or scratch, and before you are content, the sensation returns. So you scratch it again and again as the itching grows and becomes a nuisance.
This is nighttime itching. We scratch a small itch maybe a dozen times a day unconsciously, but how serious is it when you develop itching at night? It may be a temporary reaction to a number of mild causes, or it may a signal an underlying health issue. We will uncover nighttime itching remedies and ways to prevent reoccurrences.
What Causes Nighttime Itching?
Pruritus is the itching of the skin. As with many conditions and illnesses, it seems to become worse at night. You may think it is dry skin, especially if it occurs mainly in the cold winter months when the skin becomes more susceptible due to the lack of moisture in the air. Or you may attribute it to your laundry detergent, new body soap, parasites, or even stress. Before you rush to the doctor or pharmacy to grab a bottle of lotion, let’s take a look at what causes itching at night.
1. Bed Clothes and Linen
Your personal items could be causing your nighttime itching due to irritants and even parasites. Changes in your body processes can cause you to develop an allergen to laundry soaps, body soaps, and shampoos, even if you have been using the same brand for years with no negative reactions. It could also be associated with a dust mite allergy. A change in your system can also impact the tolerance of certain components of your jewelry. Unfortunately, you could also have an infestation of bedbugs, fleas, or other insects.
2. Decreased Stimulation
As we sleep, our energy and stimulus levels decrease, which may make us more conscious of issues such as itchiness, even the most mild of the condition. If you suffer from a severe skin condition, it can disturb your sleep cycle to the point of waking you up in the night. Without a proper REM cycle, you can experience changes in mood and physical symptoms.
3. Internal Clock
Your internal clock, also known as circadian rhythm, refers to the biological processes your body goes through over a 24-hour period. These physical, mental, and behavioral changes in the system respond to your day (light) and night (dark) environments. Nocturnal itching episodes may be associated with these changes, although no definite factor has been identified.
- Cytokine and prostaglandin can cause the itching sensation in an unbalanced circadian rhythm as these substances produced by cells affect inflammation outcome.
- Skin temperature rises at night, which may stimulate the itch facilitator levels in our skin.
- Corticosteroid body levels tend to decrease at night, which increases symptoms of an inflammatory skin disorder.
- Water loss through the skin intensifies at night time.
- Parasympathetic activity is known as the “rest and digest” portion of our autonomic nervous system. In this state of normal control, your body is in a relaxed condition, and at night, it increases and may stimulate itching.
- Natural pain-relieving catalysts in our system rise in response to the darkness with a damaged circadian rhythm. A lessened pain increases our sense of itchiness.
- Aside from severe dry skin, several health disorders and diseases also have symptoms of dry, itchy skin that seem to be exacerbated at night. These conditions are atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, urticaria, lichen simplex chronicus, liver and kidney issues, and blood disorders. There are some sleep pattern disorders that can also cause nocturnal itching.
How to Treat Nighttime Itching?
You can try to resolve the nocturnal itching at home with several remedies and prevent a reoccurrence.
1. Soak at Night
Bathe in the evening to remove the day’s dead skin cells, dirt, and sweat. Keep in mind very hot water can irritate and dry out the skin. Use warm water and spend 15 minutes or less in the shower or bath.
2. Use Mild Soaps
Use unscented soaps, especially at night. Antibacterial and perfume-infused soaps can draw the moisture from your skin and cause itchiness.
3. Moisturize the Skin
Use a moisturizer created for dry skin conditions. Moisturizing after a bath or shower can help prevent itchiness as it replenishes the skin’s moisture.
4. Change the Sheets
Change your sheets frequently. If you cannot alternate bed linen daily, hang your bedding in direct sunlight to remove dust mites and any bacteria and dead skin cells.
5. Flip the Mattress
Use a mattress protector or flip mattress weekly as it may be home to millions of microscopic organisms. Replace the mattress when you can.
6. Call Pest Control
Have a pest control agent inspect for infestations. There may be an issue with bedbugs, body lice, fleas, or scabies mites. You can still feel the effects from these parasites without direct contact as they attach to clothing, linens, and mattresses.
7. Ventilate the Room
Sleep in a cool well-ventilated room. This will reduce body temperature and sweating, which can stimulate itchy dryness. Try keeping the bedroom heat down by opening a window, turning on a fan, or keeping the air conditioner on.
8. Use Lightweight Fabrics
Wear light cotton sleepwear and use light blankets. As your body temperature rises, so does the intensity of the itch.
When to Call a Doctor
If you have tried the aforementioned home remedies for nighttime itching with no relief, you may want to consult your doctor. Depending on the cause of your condition, you may be prescribed antihistamines to diminish itching or corticosteroids to reduce inflammation if itchiness is associated with a skin disorder.
You may need calcineurin inhibitors to suppress your immune system or even antidepressants. These will help in lessening the itch symptoms related to mental stress or psychogenic disorders.
Dry, itchy skin can be triggered by stimuli at night, which can interfere with your resting and sleeping times. There are various mild skin conditions that cause night itchiness as well as several health issues that should be addressed. Home remedies to counteract or prevent itchiness can be undertaken before calling a doctor. The answer may lie in your bedding, personal hygiene items, or even in the air you breathe. If all attempts fail, contact your doctor for guidance as it could be a hidden medical condition or a symptom of a related issue.
someone's menstrual blood on toilet seat came in contact with vagina This incident happened years before and never developed any symptoms regarding this Is this possible than due to such anything can happen after 7 years of incident I never had any sexual contact with anyone Do I need of doing any test except for hiv and hepatitis because that person is not hiv or hepatitis whose blood was there in a toilet seat Please do reply I am really worried and its been month I just cannot get this thing out of my mind because I somewhere read about infection and incident strike my head please help me please And I want to thank you for helping me!
My mother is 54 yr old before 10months ago she notice a tumor on left under arm after biopsy and ct scan doctors said she is suffering from breast cancer and a 2inch tumor is in her right breast. Is it iv stage cancer? but in iv stage cancer will reoccurrence.
Me and my boyfriend had a lil sex last night. We only did rubbing of private parts without using any protection. He ejaculated the liquid somewhere near to vagina but not like an intercourse. On that night only I had my first pill of diane 35. Is there any chance of getting pregnant bcz we didn't have any intercourse. And I had finished with my periods day before taking the pill. I am worried if there is a chance of getting pregnant this way also. I am also suffering from pcos.
Many people feel hungry throughout the day. They are lethargic until they lay their hands on food. These bouts of hunger go on like a vicious circle and if not resisted it can lead to health issues.
- A high: fiber diet can prevent unnecessary hunger: Your diet should be rich in fiber. Body takes a longer span of time to digest fiber rich food. It also makes you feel full for hours together. Having fiber will keep your bowel movements in control and is therefore healthy. Remember to add extra fiber to your bowl of cereals or salad to keep pangs of hunger at bay.
- Divide one heavy meal into two smaller meals: Eating heavy meals and that too less frequently is really bad for your health. This can make you feel hungry time and again. To control the constant rumbling inside your tummy, you should divide one big meal into two or more smaller meals. For instance, if you were supposed to eat sandwiches, boiled eggs and soup for lunch, you should probably eat sandwiches at noon and eat the soup and eggs any time later in the day.
- Never be a fast eater: Jumping on your food is the worst way of tackling things. Research studies show how a human brain takes more than twenty minutes to tell your body it is full and satisfied. If you don't wish to overeat throughout the day, you must consume your food slowly. This way the brain takes more time in realizing it is full and thus further time in feeling subsequent hunger.
- Drink more glasses of water: Every person should drink around three to four liters of water. Drinking water half an hour after a meal can keep your gustatory concerns in check for long. Water keeps you hydrated, helps in digestion and controls unnecessary hunger.
- Eat a good amount of protein: Protein makes you full in very little time and thus doesn't need to be consumed in great quantities. It will make you feel content for long as your blood sugar levels are in balance through protein consumption. Protein takes time to be digested.