Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhakar Reddy
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Smile Design Procedures
Smile Makeover Procedures
Implant Tooth Fixing Procedure
Dental Implantology Procedure
Implant Prosthesis Procedure
Dental Implant Fixing Procedure
Smile Architect Procedure
Implant Retained Dentures Procedure
Implant Supported Denture Fixing Procedure
Advanced Surgery In Implantology Procedures
Implant Rehabilitation Procedure
Osseointegrated Implants Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhakar ReddyYour feedback matters!
Compassionate, professional, clean, knowledgeable and is not into "forcing" you into unnecessary services. , I would have got this done 2 years ago if i had known that it is not a painful procedure like this.
I experienced excellent doctor skill such that i had actually no pain after implant treatment and i had taken only one pain tablet. He is the master of dental implant treatment as his name in the field.
I have frequent mouth sores from last three months. And my stomach is also not set. At night time sleep I have lots and lots of weired dreams that cause trouble in sleep. please tell me what is this and medicine for this plz.
My daughter teeth are yellowish in colour. Is this any deficiency or natural cause. However she feels bad about this. Or is there any treatment?
I am suffering from bad smell in mouth after scaling from dentist, still blood comes during brush or eating apple. Give me permanent way.
Hello sir, I am 16 year old and my sex is male. From last 3 months I am suffering from bad breath what should I do.
Hello I have undergone root canal of my tooth. It has been 2 months but still it has sensitivity; Though not always but often when I brush my teeth or while having soup etc. What should be the cause & the solution. Thanks.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules, and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas. Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore, sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begins accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.