Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha.sYour feedback matters!
Sex is an extremely personal and subjective matter. Different individuals relate to and indulge in sex differently. The idea of sex also varies from person to person and may not always fit the stereotypical penile-vaginal penetrative intercourse.
There is no way of determining exactly how much sex is good and how much of it is too much. Some people like to be sexually active with thorough regularity while others find comfort in abstinence. Age also plays an important role here with people between the ages of 18-29 indulging in higher levels of sexual activity than those who are middle-aged or elderly.
The different levels and frequencies of sexual activity have varying degrees of impacts on the overall mental, physical and sexual health of a person. There are numerous health benefits attached to having an active sex life, which manifests themselves in both the body and the mind.
The health benefits of having sex are -
As per studies conducted, it has been shown that having sex, at least, two times a week can boost overall physical and mental health. The many health benefits of being sexually active are as follows:
- It improves immunity and makes the body more resilient to diseases
- It improves bladder control in women and prevents urinary incontinence
- It prevents erectile dysfunction in men
- It improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- It acts as a stress reliever
- It improves functioning of the heart and lowers the risk of heart disease
- It reduces sensitivity to pain
There are several other benefits of sex, which include the effective healing and nurturing of the body in a holistic manner.
Is there a limit to having sex?
A large number of people all around the world are concerned about their carnal compulsions and frequently approach sex therapists about what frequency of sex constitutes as a 'healthy' dose.
There really is no such thing as too much sex. But if overindulgence in sexual activities causes a disturbance in everyday activities such as work, classes, household responsibilities and other obligations, it becomes a problem. If such a situation arises, it might be signs of a sex addiction in which case it is important to consult a sexologist or sex therapist. Ideally, having sex two times a day is good for your body, mind and soul.
I want to gain some weight and also maintain body shape, so which protein or supplement would be suitable for me? And is there any side effects of protein powder or supplement?
I m Suffering from fever since 5 days with cough and headache since 3 days. I take medicine from govt hospital. I have hair fall also. Is it due to tension of exam of pg entrance.
Is aloe vera better to be applied on face everyday to remove chicken pox scars as I was having pox last three days.
I am a teacher by profession. From last few months, I am having pain in my throat. Whenever I talk a little, my throat starts paining. I am only gargling with hot water or taking strapsils. please suggest me some medicine.
I am 24 years I have 75% grey hair I want to get my hair black again and how to get thick hair and regain fallen hair.
I have a gum problem for the past one year, I feel vibration im my mouth when I eat apple, orange or something cold.
I have depression since 9 years now my treatment continuing what should I do to stay mentally healthy?
I am 30 years old. My height is 5 ' 2 inches. My weight is 42 kg. I want to gain weight. Kindly suggest me a proper diet plan.
When I go urine at the time blood is coming with urine at the time pain is very high what we can for that.
The five day celebration of the festival of lights or Diwali begins with Dhanteras which signifies the celebration of wealth. Buying gold or silver jewellery or new utensils is an important part of this day’s celebrations. Ayurveda recognizes the energy present in metals such as gold, silver, copper and credits them with healing powers. These metals are said to have the power to neutralize negative cosmic energy affecting a person and affect the human body on a cellular level.
Let us see how different metals have different effects on the body.
- Gold: Gold is used to treat cardiovascular problems as well as respiratory diseases like asthma and breathlessness. It relaxes the body and mind and can also be used as a nervine tonic. Gold can also be used to improve memory and increase attention span. According to Ayurveda, gold is also said to be a traditional remedy for arthritis. Additionally, it is also said to improve stamina.
- Silver: Silver has cooling properties that make it beneficial in the treatment of fevers and internal inflammations. It is especially effective in cases concerned with the intestines and gallbladder. Silver is also said to treat weakness and increase strength and stamina. People suffering from digestive problems or urinary problems can also benefit from the anti bacterial, anti viral and anti fungal properties of silver.
- Copper: Copper can be used to treat a number of chronic diseases and health conditions such as polio, leprosy, high blood pressure, joint diseases, anaemia, obesity and stress. Its healing properties benefit the liver, spleen and lymphatic system as well as the nervous system, circulatory system and bone health.
- Iron: Iron helps strengthen the body and is majorly used to treat anaemia. It helps tone muscles and nerve tissue and enhances bone marrow. Iron also supports weight loss and can be used to treat stomach problems and treat chronic skin problems.
To benefit from these metals, it is important to use them only in their pure form. Drinking water charged with these metals is a good way to benefit from them. To make metal charged water boil 4-5 cups of clean drinking water in a steel vessel. Then drop the desired metal into the water in the form of jewellery, utensils, coins or small pieces of the metal. In cases of jewellery being used, it is important to ensure that there are no stones or other metals present. Let the water boil till only two cups remain and then strain it through a muslin cloth. This water is now ready to be consumed.