Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudha Ramesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha RameshYour feedback matters!
I'm 38 weeks pregnant, and I'm 24 years old with no medical history, my doctor is telling me that head of baby is not engaged in primigravida. I have been active and also take walk regularly. My due date is 16 March, but doctor told that we cannot wait till 40th week as baby will do toilet in stomach, so she told we shall induce labour till 11th March. Suggest any measures and reason for it.
Dear Sir/madam, Please tell me precaution my wife she is 3 months pregnant. but some time she feels pain in stomach for some time.
Over the past decade, many women have opted for Breast Augmentation Surgery. It is a surgical process to improve the aesthetics of one's breast. Apart from giving a much needed lift to the bust size, the augmented breasts can lift up your confidence. Breast Augmentation Surgery, if gone wrong, can create a havoc. The outcome of the surgery can be influenced by a number of factors. Thus, before going under the knife, some important and vital points need to be taken care of.
- It is advisable to avail the services of an experienced surgeon, who has a higher success rate. A lot of confusions and apprehensions may arise during course of the surgery. An experienced surgeon will ease out the tension to a great extend and guide you better.
- Breast Augmentation is no child's play. Do not embark on breast augmentation surgery if you are below 18 years of age. It can result in serious health complications. Surgery can wait, but health once lost, will be gone forever.
- Know the type of implants to be used. Saline and Silicone implants are commonly used in breast augmentation. Both the implants come with their own sets of merits and demerits.
Being softer and smoother, Silicone implants give the augmented breasts a very natural feel. The chances of scalloping (the skin around the breasts appear wavy) are negligible in case of Silicone implants. However, the Silicone implants come pre-filled. Thus, a bigger incision is needed to get it inserted. Though approved by the FDA, leakage of the silicone implants into the body has been reported. The leakage can affect the health seriously. Interference of Silicone implants with the mammogram can also pose a serious threat.
The Saline implants, on the other hand, are not pre filled. Thus, a small incision is all it takes to get the implants inserted. Once inserted, the implants are filled with saline solution. The saline implants can also leak into the body, without any serious implications. The biggest limitation of saline implants is in the fact that it gives the breasts a very hard feel. Scalloping cannot be ruled out either.
Things to take care of:
- Do not go for breast augmentation surgery if you are planning to start a family in 1-2 years of time. A weaning or lactating lady should also avoid the surgery.
- The exact location of the implant is an important factor to ponder upon. One can go for an under the muscle or over the muscle implants.
- One can opt for a round implant or a tear shaped implant. The biggest USP of tear shaped implant lies in the fact that it gives a very natural feel to the augmented breasts. The round implants, on the other hand, are much safer to use.
- Go for the surgery only when you are physically, mentally and emotionally fit and healthy.
I have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast Can I take green tea. Is green tea harmful in fibroadenoma.
Hello, I am Dr. Vidya Bisla, a consultant gynecologist practicing in Sector-15 Gurgaon. Today, we are going to discuss about the routine Antenatal care that is important in the first three months of pregnancy. Soon after knowing that you have missed your period you can do a pregnancy home test kit and if it shows two lines, that means its positive. From that point onwards you should be under the care of a qualified doctor. On your first visit, you will be prescribed some medicines which are important for the proper formation of the baby and a few tests will be recommended to you after a general check-up of your health.
After the confirmation of this, we do certain blood tests for your general health and also certain infections that are which are important from the pregnancy point of view which can affect the health of the mother and the baby, both like thyroid tests, thalassemia screening and certain viral infections which we do as routine for everybody and which should be done right in the first trimester at around 7 or 8 weeks so that in case there is a problem we can start the corrective treatment for that.
During pregnancy there going to be a lot of changes in your body. From outside, we may just see that the person is gaining weight but the internal physiological changes that the body has to undergo to adjust the growth of the pregnancy are also tremendous. For example, the total amount of blood also increases in the pregnant lady. So in case you have a certain fitness level, you are able to handle these changes very well. For people, who have been active before pregnancy, they can handle it more easily than persons who are not active. Still, whatever your physical activity was before, you can start a daily walk for at least 30 minutes at a normal pace where you are not breathless while talking and walking right from the day when you come to know that you are pregnant. So, after exercising, you need to watch your diet.
In diet the most important thing is that we have to take a nutritionally balanced diet. In the first three months of pregnancy the energy requirement does not increase but it has to be a balanced diet which gives you adequate amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates to give you that energy to handle those changes occurring in your body. So, you can eat almost everything but there are certain foods which are known to contain chemicals which are harmful to pregnancy. Those should be avoided for example, Chinese food contains Ajinomoto. So you should avoid Chinese food. You can may be make it at home if you are fond of it without adding Ajinomoto to it. Then coffee which contains caffeine should be avoided in pregnancy.
Generally, cold drinks of all the colors are not good for a pregnant lady. So avoid those things in your diet. Junk food, because it won’t give you any minerals or vitamins, also should be avoided. Then, a handful of nuts in your daily intake of food is going to give you a lot of energy and minerals and proteins. So those are recommended for almost everybody. They will not harm the pregnancy in any way. There are a lot of myths associated with it but they are all false. Any self-medication should be strictly avoided in pregnancy because there are only few medicines which are safe in pregnancy which we recommend. So, whenever you see any doctor for any ailment you must always tell the doctor that I’m pregnant so he or she can take care of the medicines in that sense.
In case, you need any answer to any questions or queries, you can book an appointment through Lybrate.
Hello I'm 31 years old n I'm a married woman. During every period pain I used to have strong abdominal pain in the lower part every first and second day which has made my life miserable. During the Intercourse also I used to experience the pain, I have gone to see many doctors but it couldn't work to me what should I do?
I am having pimples on my face , near chin , on forehead ,on cheeks , & even dandruff & itchy scalp for the past 6 years pls help what can be done , pls My menstrual cycle is normal.
I wanna reduce my weight wat should I do to reduce it after having a healthy food as I'm breastfeeding my 4 months old baby. Increased weight of my body is giving me too much of pains after sitting long time I get leg n back pain n after waking up in mor my feet pains so much tat I can't stand for half n hr.
Change of voice suggests vocal cord inflammation, hence any long standing change in voice should be reported to your family doctor.
I had operation in uterus around 8 month ago. After 4 month of operation my belly is paining and also my legs is bloat.Please tell.
I have missed my last period hence as per doctor consultation I have taken unwanted kit mifepristone on 12 jan and got my period on 14 jan, after that I had safe sex and every time used condoms. But till date my period not came its 9 days late now, I have checked through pregnancy kit, result is negative but my worry is why period not came. Not I have to travel for one week as per office work. Very much worried. Please suggest way. Does cycle changes after taking mifepristone?
पूरा प्रोटीन ना होने के कारण संक्रमणों के खिलाफ प्रतिरोध में कमी, घाव भरने में देरी और बीमारियों से ठीक होने मे देरी हो सकती है। आहार में पर्याप्त प्रोटीन्स के बिना एंटीबाॅडीज़ का निमार्ण नहीं हो पाता और रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता कम हो जाती है।
जब हमारे शरीर में प्रोटीन की कमी होती है तो हम नॉन नूट्रिशनल और अन्हेल्थी खाने की तरफ भागते हैं। इन खाद्य पदार्थों में शकर की मात्रा ज्यादा होती है, जिसे कैंडी, चॉकलेट, पास्ता, चिप्स, और कोल्ड ड्रिंक्स। अगर आपको इन सब खाद्य पदार्थों को खाने का मन हो रहा है तो आपके अंदर प्रोटीन की कमी है।
अधिक जानकारी के लिए ssohm सर्च करे!
After having sex with her husband she takes contraceptive pill after 12 hours and after she has her periods 3 times last month and suddenly stop her periods not come till Delay of 7 days is it a sign of pregnancy does she is pregnant.
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.