Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
1. In breakfast avoid junk food items, fried items, tinned food etc. may take brown whole bread, Idali, Upma, Poha, Churmura, roasted chana, any traditional food item, Parotha, water Soaked and cooked Chana, Moong, steamed food item but always add one fruit.
2. Raw vegetables are to be kept in water for 20-30 minutes to get clean from any chemicals- and then use.
3. In lunch preferably take Butter milk rather than Curd, if you like Curd then add Garlic, Onion, Curry patta, Dhania, Amla powder and Haldi or any one.
4. Better to have one day cooked food fast in a week, may take limited fruits and fresh fruit juices, warm water, butter milk etc.
5. In dinner one may take light Khichari, Jawar or Nachani roti, Fruits, (fruits and milk are incompatible not to take together regularly).
6. In cooking use mustard, ground nut, til, coconut, olive oils and no other oils. Use preferably cow ghee and no vanaspati frozen oil-Dalda.
7. Eat traditional different Chutney or freshly prepared chutney of Pudina, Ardrak, Lahsun, curry patta, dhaniya etc., Pickles, Papad (roasted), Onion, carrot, Garlic, Kakdi, Bit root,
8. Prefer herbal black tea of Ardrak, Pudina leaves, Lemon juice together, or fresh Anar, Carrot, Pine apple, Coconut water; warm Milk with Haldi, instead of a usual coffee, tea, energy drink, fun drink or soda.
9. Wash fruits and vegetables with water and peel fruits as suitable, scrub with a dish brush when appropriate to remove dirt and wax coating.
10. Throw away the outer leaves of leafy vegetables, such as lettuce and cabbage.
11. Peel and cook when appropriate, although some nutrients and fiber may be lost when produce is peeled.
12. Avoid fruits and vegetables that look brownish, slimy or dried out. These are signs that the product has been held at an improper temperature.
13. Wash cutting boards with hot water, soap and a scrub brush to remove food particles.
14. Wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after handling food, especially fresh whole fruits and vegetables. Clean under fingernails, too.
15. Do not drink water immediately after food, drink after 45-60 minutes but some sips may be taken during food eating.
16. Better to seat preferably on ground if not possible then chair and eat rather than in standing position.
17. Have a one week or two weeks break in a year to visit any liking place with family and friends, this may be a holy place, historical, hill station etc.
18. Start and end your day with worshiping god, parents or Guru or meditation and if possible visiting any nearby holy place in morning evening walk.
19. While going bed take account of work done during whole day and planning of next day; see in what way you have helped or done charity or any other society service. Always wish welfare of your family, friends, society, country and humanity.
20. Do not hurt anyone physical, mental or monitory; if happened by mistake unknowingly, pray god for pardon and compensate the hurting with many good works. Always keep in mind that “Karma is a boomerang”.
21. Do not demand anything to god except pure-pious thoughts. Plan your life goals with calendar and work accordingly.
Mere wife ko mc timing ka problem hai ayurvedik medicine bhi chala kar dekh liya thik nahi ho raha hai age 22year hai & 1 child hai 3.5yrs ka, wait bhi jyada ho gaya hai 70kg above.
Plz give a advice ,my mother had underwent surgery of endoscopic discetomy before 20 days ,crp levels are 49 mg , is there any risk ,please say.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
What is intactness of hymen. Is bleeding occurs in every women during first sexual intercourse. Or in some women only. Why.
I had protective sex on 22 April. My period had to come on 6 may. Still not came. I had been under stress n work pressure these days. Please suggest what to do?
Sir I am having five months baby. I am aged 29 years it's my 2nd baby. I am feeling weakness sleepy from five days. Please suggest me and also tiredness.
I'm suffering with the problem of PCOD since last one year. Im having very irregular periods and also gaining weight. Weight issue is really bothering me. How can I come out of this?
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
When cupping therapy removes the spoiled and senile corpuscles and the impurities from the blood, and it increases blood flow in all tissues and organs, consequently in the liver tissue. So, the liver cells will be activated and then the whole liver will be activated to perform its other functions in a complete performing. It will transform the cholesterol and the excessive triglycerides by its metabolic function, and stores the excessive sugar in blood with help from the pancreas in reducing glucose level to normal one in the diabetics. And the liver will be more active in rescuing the body from poisons, this activate all its systems including the brain and nervous system so the general health of body is better. It also heightens the regeneration of spoiled tissues in the body because the liver is responsible for the production of the necessary protein for continuation of life and growth, it is clear that cupping therapy is a cure or main improving of all hepatic problems including all types of hepatitis, and prevents from or curing the hypertension of the portal vein and all resulting dangerous problems.
My sincere appeal to all young couples is not to feel shy and hesitant in approaching a doctor for advice on contraception as because nobody is going to be judgemental on them. It is a professional world and any doctor would be more than eager to help out a patient.
Generally what happens is whenever there is a pregnancy happening out of a relationship, it puts the couple in a panic situation and there is a tendency to try and get over the counter medicines or maybe approach quacks or try and consume some so called food items which may lead to an abortion. These are the usual mistakes done by youngsters as they want to hastily get out of the mess without having to tell anybody.
The biggest concern in approaching a known doctor is the couple does not want to get identified, secondly they feel the doctor is going to take them through a long drawn medical procedure which is going to be costly and they would probably be asked to come along with a parent or a guardian for obvious reasons and hence they refrain from meeting a doctor.
Now coming to the facts-----
1. No need to panic if you realise that you have an unwanted pregnancy
2. Approach a gynecologist as soon as possible
3. If the doctor asks you get a sonography done please do so
4. You should always be knowing your blood group and hemoglobin levels before taking any tablets for abortion
5. Abortion can be very safely done with tablets under the guidance of a gynecologist and you do not need any hospitalisation. 2--3 visits to the clinic can complete the procedure
6. Only 1-2% patients may require a curettage of the uterus if the procedure does not get completed with tablets, which definitely the treating doctor would discuss with the couple and explain.
7. This medical abortion with tablets is not overtly expensive and is quite manageable with your pocket money (mobile phones are much more expensive).
8. There are no long term side effects of this procedure on your future fertility
9. Most of the doctors would be cooperative and would protect your privacy. You may have to sign a few forms for you should not hesitate as it is part of the procedure.
10. Nobody is going to be judgemental on you so take it easy and seek medical advice.
I am married from 3 yrs. I have some problems related to sex. Can you please help me. I rarely get satisfied during sex. I want to know whether I have any problem or is there anything else. Please help me because due to this problem I get irritated and feel like getting angry on my husband.
Hypogonadism in females occurs when your sex glands produce little or no sex hormones.The sex glands, also called gonads that are responsible for ovary formation in females, breast enlargement and in menstrual cycle.
What Are the Types of Female Hypogonadism?
There two types of hypogonadism are primary and central hypogonadism.
Primary Hypogonadism: Primary hypogonadism means that you don't have enough sex hormones in your body due to a problem in your gonads. Your gonads are still receiving the message to produce hormones from your brain, but they aren't able to produce them.
Central Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism: In central hypogonadism, the problem lies in your brain. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain, which control your gonads, aren't working properly.
Causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
- Autoimmune disorders, such as Addison's disease and hypoparathyroidism
- Genetic disorders, such as Turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome
- Severe infections
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Hemochromatosis, which happens when your body absorbs too much iron
- Radiation exposure
- Surgery of your sex organs
Causes of Central or Secondary Hypogonadism include:
- Genetic disorders, such as Kallmann syndrome (abnormal hypothalamic development)
- Infections, including HIV and AIDS
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory diseases including sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and histiocytosis
- Rapid weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Use of steroids or opiates (especially long-term usage)
- Brain surgery
- Radiation exposure
- Injury to your pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- A tumor in or near your pituitary gland
Symptoms that May Affect Females Include:
- Lack of menstruation
- Slow or absent breast growth
- Hot flashes
- Loss of body hair
- Low or absent sex drive
- Milky discharge from your breasts
Treatment for Hypogonadism in Women: Your treatment will involve increasing the amount of female sex hormones in your body. Your first line of treatment will probably be estrogen therapy if you've had a hysterectomy. Either a patch or pill can administer the supplemental estrogen hormone. Estrogen must be balanced with progesterone, because taking estrogen alone leads to a dangerous build up of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia) that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Low-dose testosterone may be added for women with hypogonadism who have a low sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.