Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby girl is 7.5 months old and her weight is 6.5 kg. At the time of birth her weight was 3.1 kg. I have exclusively breast feed my baby till now. My doctor suggested me to give her formula milk (Similac formula stage 2) to increase her weight. Is it good to give her FM and breast milk (combination feeding) or else I will go with the only breast feeding.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Sir, Mera beta hai 16 months ka use bhookh nhi lagti kamjor ho raha hai weight kam ho raha hai doctor ko dikhaya to unhone btaya ki T. B ki shikayat hai primary complex btaya hai to sir please bataiye iska ilaaj possible hai kya.
Hi. I am having 5 months baby. I am not interested in commercially available cerelac. So I prepared home made cerelac made out of (wheat, rice, corn, black grams, dry fruits, horse gram, masoor dal and moong dal). But my doubt is can I give to my 5 months old baby. Please suggest me a diet chart and the foods I can feed to my baby.
My daughter is 10 years old. She has not done potty for last 2/3 days and she is releasing gas. She is not eating but feeling uneasy. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes:
Pearl millet is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
2. Weight loss:
Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
3. Reduces cholesterol:
It contains phyto chemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps in digestion:
Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
5. Helps prevent cancer:
Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.
I have delivered a baby. I don't have enough milk to feed my baby as after one week of delivery my stiches got broken. Dr. Gave me strong antibiotics and because of antibiotics my milk got vanish. Please suggest me some medication or anything by which I could feed my baby and my milk back.
My niece is 15 month old. She is suffering from intermittent extropia which comes n goes since she was 10 month. We took. Her to pediatrician eye specialist. The doctor explained she is having squint in both eyes .The vision in her eyes is 20/20. He mentioned the only option is eye muscle surgery at the age of 4. We wanted to know as this the only option for her. We need to evaluate her eye checkup at 6 month interval. What we have observed that nowadays that she is not squinting frequently its like 3 or 4 times a day. Pls suggest some other. Options for her.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.