Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SudarshanYour feedback matters!
My mother has problem with their knee and we can't understand why cure should give her to free them from this killing pain of knee.
I have diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis (95) before 2 months and detect increase uric acid also. I have pain and swelling in my foot joint. So please suggest me about this diseases for treatment. Is it curable with root or not. What thing to do for avoid pain and swelling. Please suggest me in detail.
Some stretchs to lower back
Perform these exercises with help from physiotherapist.
I am having back ache from past few weeks. Is the problem troublesome? What should I do to get rid of it?
My wife has been suffering from back pain for more than five months. Pain travels from left soldier to right and upper back to lower as like a bubble travelling here and there in my back. Got treatment from hospital for 4 months, got physiotherapy, exercise from yoga teacher etc. What next can I do?
Joint pain plagues many people as we grow old and sometimes, even middle-aged men and women suffer from the same. Hectic lifestyle, lack of exercise, consumption of junk food and pollution are often the causes. And according to Ayurveda, accumulated toxic matter in the stomach is the reason behind such pains, since they imbalance the three doshas. In other words, when the gastric fire or agni doesn’t digest the food properly, Ama Rasa or the undigested juice mix with Pitta, Kapha and Vata.
As a result, joints get inflamed and you suffer from aches. For treating this ailment, the Panchakarma treatment is the most effective apart from taking up yoga, watching weight and other home remedies using natural ingredients like ginger, clove, turmeric and fenugreek.
What is Panchakarma?
Panchakarma essentially means “five therapies” for the holistic detoxification and purification of the body. It comprises of 5 therapeutic treatments for eliminating stress and toxins, and balancing the doshas or energies which help us execute all biological functions. These treatments are known as Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana.
How does each treatment work?
- Vamana: This treatment removes toxins in the respiratory tract and is an emesis therapy offered to those suffering from high Kapha. This therapy helps with bronchial asthma, hay fever, vitiligo, chronic allergies, hyperacidity, chronic indigestion, obesity, skin ailments, oedema and more.
- Virechana: Also known as purgation, Virechana eliminates toxins from the gallbladder and liver. It safely cleans the gastrointestinal tract and helps in dealing with ailments like chronic fever, asthma, skin problems, diabetes, constipation, psoriasis, vitiligo, headaches and even gynaecological problems.
- Basti: This therapy refers to enema or colonic irrigation and removes toxins from all 3 doshas through the colon. It rejuvenates the body as well since medicated oil or ghee is used for cleaning the colon and energising the muscle. Benefits include the treatment of colitis, paraplegia, cervical spondylosis, infertility, irritable bowel syndrome, sciatica, piles and so on.
- Nasya: In this treatment method, medicated oil is passed through the nose to eliminate Kapha toxins from the neck and head. It can be administered for 30 days, and benefits ailments like neuralgia, insomnia, excess mucus, premature hair greying, loss of smell and taste, nasal allergies, migraines, nasal polyps, sinusitis, and so on. This therapy also improves voice clarity, memory and eyesight.
- Raktamokshana: In very rare cases, this blood-cleansing therapy is suggested, but it does involve some amount of infection risk.
How will Panchakarma diet help?
A specific Ayurvedic diet is suggested to patients undergoing the Panchakarma treatment, and it is monitored closely to make sure that the diet is being followed religiously. This might involve the consumption of warm ghee, flaxseed, triphala powder, special types of herbal teas, steamed vegetables and so on. Use of castor oil is beneficial in case of osteoarthritis. Avoid stale and fermented food. The exact diet chart will be provided by the Ayurveda specialist. The Panchakarma treatment is only effective when the advised diet is followed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I am a physically handicapped from the age of 5 years and currently I am 36 years old. I have curved spine problem. I cannot stand also. Others cannot see it. But for me sometimes sitting is very uncomfortable as the whole weight falls on left thigh and it's gives severe pain, I work in private company and sit for close to 12 hours continuously in a day. I want to know about the cure for this problem.
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from cold, swollen lymph nodes, salivary gland infection, dandruff, mainly cervical lymphadenopathy. I found it is mono nucleosis. Can you please give solution. I am suffering from six months.
I am a 25 years pg female student. Since one month suffering from back pain due to probably enlarged gap between two disks (x ray report), perhaps near the lumber area.
My mother is house wife, she has pain in joints of hand and legs. We consult to many doctors but still problem is as it is, some doctor told me that she suffer from rhaemotology. Is this problem resolvable or not.
I am a 28 year old male. I have a problem when I get up my legs are paining. Why this is happening with me I want to know that.
I have a laptop 2 years my legs gets weak because I am keeping on my ties so please advice me how to reduce this problem.
I am a 35 year old male. I have pain in the right ankle for last few years. X-ray came out normal. What could be the issue.
I am 20 years old and I am so tall person my height is 6.2 inches. I have backache from last 1 years. I consult many doctors but no use. So what I should do?
My wife is aged 65 years. She has acute pain in her knee of right leg and a pain from hip stretching through thigh in her left leg. I am of 67 years and I struggle to get sleep in the night. Usually I take Alzolam .25 at night. Even with that at times I do not get sleep. Please suggest any suitable advise.
I have to study for an exam which is very important for my career, I graduated ten years back, now I find it very difficult to concentrate while studying, I should have started three months back but even now I have barely made any serious efforts. I don't have the motivation, I am going through a difficult time and feel depressed.
I have too leg pains from 3 days. My age is only 18 but having to much of pain and I never to roamed.
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided.