Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. SuchitraYour feedback matters!
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
My son is 18 and he is skinny and doing exercise for few days but I am telling him to gain weight first, what should he do? & how?
From last one week I am drinking coconut water daily at night after food. Is it harmful of drinking daily coconut water? if not then what are the benefit of drinking daily. And can I continue or not?
I am 30 year old guy newly married and I am suffering from laziness and weakness in my body 24/7. Please help me out. Also not able to enjoy my married life.
My weight is near about 95 kgs. So much fat. I want to reduce my fat & weight. So please help me. What can I do?
I want to query about a proper diet for build my muscles. My Current diet is 2 pcs Bread and Tea at Morning. A Heavy Diet at Lunch. In Evening again Tea and some snacks. At Dinner again Heavy Diet with a Glass of Milk. Kindly suggest some proper Diet.
Suggest me a good powder or capsule for muscle builder or personality builder ? With no side effects.
प्रिय डॉक्टर सर, मेरी उम्र 31 वर्ष और वजन 85 किलो है | पहले मेरी आँखों के पलको में सूजन रहता था | आंखे लाल हो जाती थीं | जाँच करवाने से पता चला कि मुझे पिछले 6 माह से अल्प स्राव [ HYPO THYRODISM ] नामक थायराईड रोग है | मैं जबलपुर में एक डॉक्टर से सलाह भी ली है | उनके कहने से में कैल्सियम और बिटामिन की टेबलट भी खा चुका हु | मैं ने बिटामिन D के लिए भी सप्लीमेंट D- Gain सप्ताह में एक दूध के साथ पीने को कहा था | उसको एक माह तक ले चुका हूँ | और अभी रोज सुबह सोकर उठते ही Eltroxin 100 mg की एक गोली लेता हूँ | जिससे मुझे कोई दिक्कत नहीं हो रही है | बस कभी कभी मुह में छाले रहते है और पेट भी साफ नहीं होता है | मेरी ट्रेवल करने वाली नौकरी है | माह में 12 दिन होटल का खाना पड़ता है |कोई तरीका ऐसा बताईये जिससे रोज गोली न खानी पड़े | और में पहले की तरह फिट हो सकूं | मैं सुना है की इसके लिए पूरी जिन्दगी गोली खानी पड़ती है? सही या गलत क्या ये पूरी तरफ ठीक हो सकता है?
My mom is facing the sugar problem. And also she need to reduce her weight. Suggest the foods or medicine to reduce sugar as well as weight. Thanks.
From last 1 year I have ED problem, even I doing workout in gym my fitness is good. Give some tips for solve this problem. For this problem am going depression.
Nothing is more disappointing than a failed attempt to lose weight and the constant struggle to shed the flab. Sometimes, best results can be achieved by making simple changes to your lifestyle, including your eating habits without being emotionally and physically stressed. If you have to lose weight, you might as well enjoy the process and do it in a healthier way. Following are ayurvedic tips for a healthier and systematic weight loss:
1. Hot water
Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages. It helps to improve digestion and staves off hunger in between meals. It is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. It is advisable to drink boiled water as it is considered to be more effective than hot water.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods for lunch
Your lunch should consist of warm and cooked foods as they are easily digestible and provide the right amount of nutrients for your body. You can include a variety of cooked food in your lunch because the body metabolism gets adequate time to process the food. Eating cold food has a reverse effect on your body as they lead to weight gain. Avoid a diet consisting of only carbohydrates and proteins as they do not nourish your body but simply make you crave for food in between meals. Instead go for green vegetable and lean protein.
3. Light evening meal
The body metabolism and digestion slows down as you reach the end of the day so it's recommended to have light evening meals. Heavy meals in the evening are often poorly digested and accumulate as excess fat. All your efforts of weight maintenance throughout the day goes in vain if you eat a meal of processed foods or foods rich in refined carbohydrates. It is recommended to eat a vegetarian meal or a meal consisting of complex grains like brown rice. Avoid binging on leftovers and high calorie desserts.
It goes without saying that exercise is a key to a healthy mind and body. Do away with a sedentary lifestyle as that is one of the primary causes of weight gain. If you don't have time to workout it will help even if you take a walk daily. Exercise will not only help you to lose the extra kilos but will keep your energy up and increase your body's metabolism. It also improves bone and muscle health.
Honey with equal amont of water daily in the morning in empty stomach also helps weight loss.
I'm 18 I'm so tired for trying to gain weight but I can't gain weight. Please suggest me that what should I do for gain weight Which kind (specialist) of doctors helps me to gain weight?
I have join gym from last 5 days. And before joining the gym I can do 15 pull ups easily but now I can't do even a single pull-up. I can't pull my body upward little bit also. What should I do to regain my straight of hand.
Low libido in men is a common disorder. It can act as an obstacle in a persons healthy sex life or might even push him towards neurological disorders. Treatment is, therefore, necessary.
- Lycopodium can spice up your sex life: There are many who suffer from impotence as a result of an overactive sex life. Men who have attained the age of fifty might have strong sexual desires but experience a lack of drive during the activity. Lycopodium can treat lowered libido in such cases. Homeopathic doctors prescribe this medication to people who usually suffer from gastronomic disorders such as flatulence or gurgling in the abdomen. A person known for his nervousness or fears regarding public interaction will also find this medicine helpful.
- Gelsemium can channelize blood to the right places: Low libido can also be experienced due to weak muscles. Don't miss the fact that the male reproductive organ is also made up of muscles. Lack of strength in penile muscles might decrease a person's sex drive. Gelsemium can treat this condition. Males with acute stage fright or consciousness can also benefit from this medicine.
- Arg nit is also an effective medication: Men with the requirement of this medicine usually suffer from diarrhea whenever subjected to tense situations. Anxiety makes them go weak in the knees. A flaccid penis or a shriveled genitalia can be taken care of with Arg nit.
- Arnica: If your penis is swollen and feels tender or sore, sex drive is bound to decrease. These may happen due to fatigue that further results from work pressure or physical exertion. Arnica can successfully remedy such instances.
- Lachesis: Lachesis can be of help in cases where the patient fails to achieve an erection but feels sexual urges nonetheless. Many times, the patient can feel jerks within the penis while it is in its flaccid state.