Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suchetana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuchetanaYour feedback matters!
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.
I have question for gynac. Me clomipure 50 tablet khati hu to kya is doran mene husband ke sath contact or relationship rakha to chalega. Or ye tablet se muze chakkar jaisa feel hota he me ye tablet dopahar me khati hu to kya iska dosage timing change kar sakti hu. Muze alivher es 2 mg tablet or ultra coq 10 tablet bhi chalu he. Me alivher 2 times a day khati hu to kya me clomipure rat me Le sakti hu. Pls explain me. Thanking you.
I have pcod. Doctor ask me to take susten 300 from the 16th day of period for 10 days. After withdraw of tablet I have check for pregnancy by using kit. It shows negative. Now 20 days after withdraw of tablet till I didn't get period. Is possible for pregnancy or something else for the period problem. Please consult me regarding this.
My periods was just end at that day and I was not do intercourse with my bf but for safe side I took a ipill and after taking ipill now after 5-6 days I am bleeding. Is that normal and does it effect my periods date or does it effect my body and how long this bleeding takes. Please help please?
Was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june doubled up with the last. Took a gap of 6 days from 2-7th july. Had my withdrawal bleed from 5-8th july. Started new pack from 8th july night had protected intercourse on 9th july afternoon but the condom used thrice. Next had protected intercourse on 14th july. This was the last intercourse. Missed 21st july pill doubled up with 22nd july pill. Had a very light bleeding on 22nd july morning which was stopped as pills were continued. Pill pack ended on 28th july. Had withdrawal bleed with cramps from 1-6th aug. Pregnancy test at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks. All negative. No symptoms except severe gas with slight pain in lower abdomen on the right side. Was not taking the pill from this month. Since my health was not permitting. Do I need to do further hpt or blood test? Why is their a strong severe pain on the right side of lower abdomen accompanied by gas. Feeling a bit bloated from past 1 day. Is their any risk of pregnancy?
Diet for nasal allergy
Certain foods and drinks can make allergy symptoms better or worse
Foods that help
1- seafood containing omega 3 fatty
2- fruits and vegetables containing vitamin c and e.
3- hot drinks and soup
Help break up mucus and making it
Easier to cough up mucus
Natural source of vitamin d
5- drink water
Foods to avoid
1- processed foods
Contain highly unsaturated fats and proinflammatory trans fats that worsen inflammation
Cause swelling and stiffness in the nose can make symptoms worse.
What is Natural Cycle IVF?
Natural cycle IVF involves collecting and fertilising the one egg that you release during your normal monthly cycle. No fertility drugs are used in this treatment.
Is Natural Cycle IVF For Me?
It may be worth discussing this treatment option with your clinician if your periods are fairly regular and you are ovulating normally, but:
you are unable to take fertility drugs (for example, cancer patients or those whose clinician has suggested that they are at risk of OHSS “ ovarian hyper-stimulation “ a dangerous over-reaction to fertility drugs) because for personal or religious beliefs you do not wish to have surplus eggs or embryos destroyed or stored.
How Does Natural Cycle IVF For Me?
The treatment is the same as conventional IVF, but without the fertility drugs that are used to stop natural egg production and hormones that boost the supply of eggs.
As your ovaries are’nt being artificially stimulated, you don’t need to rest as you would after conventional IVF.
If your treatment is unsuccessful, you can try again sooner if you wish.
Pregnancy is that phase in a woman’s life where she has to take care of not only herself, but also the bundle of joy growing inside her body. Pregnancy gestation in humans is a total of nine months. These nine months the to-be mother has to be extra careful in all ways possible. At times, some complications may arise during this time. It is not possible to say that these complications can be avoided but at least precautions can be taken to live a healthy life during these nine months.
Here are some tips to follow during your pregnancy period for a healthy delivery.
- Smoking is a strict no-no during pregnancy. Due to mothers who smoke, the baby can be delivered prematurely or have a low birth weight. At times, mothers think that babies with low weight are easier to deliver. But it causes additional complications in the child and the mother after delivery.
- Proper balanced diet should be followed. According to age-old customs, to be mothers are asked to eat for two people. But that is not so. A mother needs a few extra calories which should be consumed through fruits and vegetables and not by eating chocolates or junk food. Also, water intake should be doubled to avoid constipation.
- Alcohol is deemed as poison for the baby growing inside you. Thus, it should be completely avoided by pregnant women.
- Additional vitamin and protein supplements in the form of tonics, capsules or even milk supplements can be consumed. These would give the necessary nutrition the body needs but is unable to get from the balanced diet.
- It is a myth when to-be mothers are asked to rest completely during their gestation period. Adequate rest is compulsory for pregnant mothers but working or exercising is equally important. Thus, to be mothers should keep themselves busy for at least thirty minutes per day with some simple exercises.
- During the early stages of pregnancy exposure to toxic materials like paints, new carpets etc should be avoided. Toxic chemicals may enter the body of the mother and cause severe damage to the growth of the child, particularly the brain.
- Pregnancy, especially for the first time, can be stressful for the women. They should turn to focusing their free time to simple therapies and hobbies in order to reduce their stress.
Thus, these are seven simple steps to have a healthy pregnancy leading to a proper delivery of your newborn baby.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!