Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SucharithaYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend has a periods problem she was irregular in periods. But she used some medicins so she is getting periods from 5monthsonwardscontinuously. But there is any problem for getting pregnancy. Will she get pregnancy or not in future.
I have a Breast Mastectomy report of my aunt, in the end report say an impression of infiltrating ductal carcinoma, stage IIA, TNM: pT2N0cM0, NPI: 2.8. What does it all mean?
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical Problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus Related Problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal Infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of Lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment.
Hello doctor. My wife is 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant. .Every thing is going fine with her except she is not eating properly. My question is can we have sex? If not then when can we make relation between us?
Hii dc I had sex with my Boyfriend on 8th of May n my periods got over by 3rd of May. I had unwanted 72 within 24 hours. N then after 5 days. Bleeding started it ws continue till 4 days like normal periods typ. N still I haven't get my periods. The last time bleeding ws on 15th of May after having unwanted 72 n my date ws 29th but still I haven't gt my periods yet. Plzzzzz dc hlp me m really vry worry about it. N plzz tell me wht date should I consider for my periods 15th or 29? please hlp me waiting for your response. Thanks.
What will be the actual anti body sperm for pregnancy? how to reduce the anti reduce anti body sperm
Hai doctor. I want to know that infection on the mouth of uterus can cause wrong tube test report n also create difficulty getting d sperm entered.
Hi, I am 34 years old woman absolutely healthy. I want to postpone my periods hence I consulted a doctor and she prescribed me to take Primolut N 7 days before my periods start date and to continue till the time I want to postpone the period. She has prescribed 2 tablets every day Morning and night. My earlier period days as below. - [ ] Periods Jan 7 Morning - [ ] Periods Feb 4 Morning - [ ] Periods March 4 Night - [ ] Periods April 2 Afternoon - [ ] Periods April 29 Night - [ ] Periods May 27 Night - [ ] Periods June 26 Morning - [ ] Periods July 23 Night. So should I start the tablets on 14 or 15 August? Also one tablet per day is not enough? I feel 2 tablets a day is more. Please suggest.
How do we prevent pregnancy two or three month?(I will go to my home after a weak) my wife advise me delay pregnancy. How can I delay.
I have irregular periods, I want to know if it may cause any difficulties to conceive a baby? and my age is 29 yrs.
I have problem in my periods. My periods are not regular. Even I take the course of 3months. Still I am facing same problem. please help me.
A mastectomy is surgical removal of a breast. The surgery depends on various factors and choosing a type of mastectomy best suited for an individual suffering from breast cancer requires experience and expertise. With advancing technology, there are more options available for women to opt for surgeries, which are minimally invasive and conserving in nature. Following are the various types of mastectomies and the factors, which influence them:
Types of Mastectomies
1. Total or simple mastectomy
This is a surgical procedure which involves complete removal of the breast including the nipple. The lymph nodes, which are small glands, are an important part of your immune system and are kept intact during the surgery. This form of surgery is most suitable if the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes.
2. Preventive mastectomy
Preventive mastectomy, also known as prophylactic mastectomy, is an option for women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer. Preventive mastectomy reduces the risk of breast cancer by a huge margin. In certain cases, removal of the entire breast along with the nipple is advisable. Women who develop cancer on one breast often opt for preventive mastectomy and remove the other unaffected breast as well.
3. Partial mastectomy
Women who are in stage I or stage ii of breast cancer can choose this procedure. It is a breast conserving technique where the tumor is removed along with the tissue that surrounds it. It is followed up by radiation therapy on the remaining breast tissue, which terminates the cancer cells and stops them from spreading. There are two types of partial mastectomy, namely, lumpectomy and quadrantectomy.
4. Radical mastectomy
Although this procedure is almost out of use, it is still considered in case the cancer has spread to certain areas like the chest muscle. In this form of surgery, the breast is removed entirety along with muscles beneath it and the lymph nodes.
5. Modified mastectomy
It is a more commonly used procedure characterized by complete removal of the breast including underarm lymph nodes. The chest muscles are untouched in the procedure, therefore allowing a breast reconstruction to follow.
Factors influencing the type of mastectomy:
• Age of the individual
• Health in general
• Size of the tumor
• The spread of the tumor
• The rate of progression of the tumor
• Whether lymph nodes are affected or not