Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sucharitha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SucharithaYour feedback matters!
I had an abortion of 1 month in October after that in november I got my normal cycle on the last of it I had an intercourse and took 2 I pills as I was very scared in december I had no periods I have checked a lot of times but every time the test turned negative even after 15 different days of my missed cycle .took the meprate for 5 days now waiting for the results but sometimes I feel there is something insides cramps are usually experienced and I get tired very easily. Please help.
I had undergone surgical abortion last 1 month ago and recently I had attained my periods which was heavy on first day and for 4 days it stopped and next day I again have periods which is light in bleed till today which happen only after bath.
In 17th day of cycle the endometrial thickness is 12 mm but the egg is not rupture so what I do to conceive and how to rupture.
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I have too much menstrual pain during periods for 2-3 days. On the first day, I suffer from vomiting also. No painkiller is fruitful for me in these days. So may you prescribe any effective medicine for me?
The debate whether white potatoes are healthier or their sweeter counterparts can be put to rest if you consider the nutrient content of both.
It will be favourable to begin with the fact that each type of potato, whether white or sweet, has its own health benefits, though they differ in nutritional content. So, let’s take a look at what both have to offer when it comes to nutrition.
1. Starch and fibre content
Starch and dietary fibre are present in high amounts in both white and sweet potatoes. Starch provides your body with immense energy, enabling you to perform your daily tasks. As for fibre, it keeps your stomach full for a long time.
1 cup of white potato contains 10 grams of starch and 1.8 grams of fibre, while a similarly sized serving of sweet potato comes with 16.80 grams starch and 4 grams fibre. So when it comes to starch and fibre content, sweet potato is the clear winner.
2. Potassium content
Potassium is required by your body to aid the process of metabolism and to support the proper functioning of your nervous and muscular systems. When it comes to potassium, yet again sweet potatoes record a higher content. A regular cup of sweet potatoes contains 448 milligrams of potassium, while a cup of white potatoes contains 305 milligrams of the nutrient.
3. Vitamin content
Vitamin A plays a vital role in enhancing your vision and improving your immunity. Sweet potatoes are enriched with considerably larger amounts of vitamin A in comparison to white ones. Consumption of a cup of this spud in chopped form gives your body 18,869 IU or international units of vitamin A in comparison to the mere 6 IU contained in the same amount of white potatoes. Additionally, sweet potatoes prove to be superior in terms of vitamin C and B6 content as well, which provide for better metabolism and an enhanced nervous system.
So sweet potatoes are clearly better for your health than white ones. Moreover, their calorie content is also lower than that of white potatoes despite being sweet to taste.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I met with a very serious accident on September 9th 2013. After that I am fine now but my period are irregular. Sometimes it gets skipped a month and now I am having my period every month but it continues for 15 days. I am also gaining alot of weight. I was 76 at the time of accident now I am 91. My height is 5'8. I have done my thyroid test it was border line in the month of april 2015. I am having thyronorm 12.5mcg. Now r thyroid reports are normal but still I am gaining weight.
Hi Doc. I got some white fluid sometimes. Is that normal or some problem. Also want to understand why it happens. Does it cause any infection? Please suggest some alternative if it is a problem.
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size has become a common practise. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
White meat and red meat both have their own health benefits and risks, so including small amounts of both in your diet will prove to be beneficial for your body. Determine the amount of each type of meat you will consume depending on your body's specific requirements.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!