Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Subramanya Rao PYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from throat infection from last 3 months. I took all the medicines but didn't cure. What shall I do?
I am a 70 years male. Five years ago a lump the size of a ping-pong ball appeared on the right side of my throat. Recently a smaller lump has appeared higher, closer to the jaw, and is tender. How long before it kills me or can I have it removed or otherwise dissipated?
I am 21 year old. When I live in crowded area or consult a new person I am feeling very nervousness and I can't control my mind that's like hypnotized and in my right side ear continuously playing some sound like tintless problem then I have depressed. Pls help me.
Although there is no cure for a sore throat caused by a cold virus, there are ways to help you feel more comfortable. Drinking warm liquids, gargling with warm salt water, sucking on ice chips, or taking an over-the-counter medicine may relieve symptoms of pain or fever. When you are sick with a cold, it is also important to get enough rest, eat a healthy diet, and drink plenty of fluids.
I am having sore throat after drinking scotch with lots of ice. Slightly uncomfortable while swallowing anything. Mild body ache. Pls help.
I have soar throat for last 2 days, could you please help me with the potential of the cause of this issue? How can I come out it, can you please advice a medicine?
I am suffering from sinusitis from 4 months. I am unable to sleep in a. C roo. S and cool climates. Before attacked this sinus I am affected from pneumonia. From kid onwards I am suffering from chronic cold. Medicines are giving temporarily relieving. What can I do for it. And doctors said that I have to go for surgery for sinus. Is it necessary or not?
My throat is jammed from last 2 months. It becomes worst after sleep in the morning. My voice is being affected. What should I do?
Every morning my throat feels sore After drinking water it starts to feel good What could be the problem.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.