Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subramanya Rao P
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Subramanya Rao PYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a seasonal allergy this monsoon with runny nose and sneezing in most of the days . As medication, I am taking Livocet d twice a day and Nasoclear saline nasal drops 3 times . Is the medication good to continue?(On a general immunity boost I have added echinacea MT twice and vitamin c to my diet)
Hi . My friend is 22 years old . He drinks like once a week smokes a bit . He has rashes on outer neck and itching irritation soreness on the inside . He suspects it to be cancerous . Local ent says throat infection and gave certain medicines but the throat has been such since last 2 3 months . Rashes irritation soreness . What could it be ? Who do we consult ?
Sir, I am a male aged 32, working outdoor sales job since 4 years .I an suffering headache and tinnitus both of my ear since 6 months .I also facing headache ,short breath, lack of energy .some times some dot black shadow moving around my vision I cant concentrate in my job .I also diagnosed by so many doctors (medicine, neurologist, ENT gastrology) Ct scan MRI also done but nothing recovered. I also have a gastrologycal problem since 3 years, I also taking medicine for it .My life is becoming hail .Please suggest me doctor to come out from it.
My love 27 yrs age was diagnosed bilateral tubes are blocked no issue even after 7yrs of marriage, is there homeopathy treatment for opening the f/tubes. Thank you.
Sir, there was headache and pain in upper jaw but my son couldn't get guess, he consulted a dentist assuming such pain in upper jaw. Unfortunately A Dentist started first sitting of RCT, after a week it's come into my knowledge that pain was due to sinus, Sir what are the options left to save a healthy teeth of my son aged 18 years without RCT,
Hi, I have nasal congestion and running nose from Nov 2013. Its been almost 4 years. I am in a really pathetic situation. I am 29 years old. Please help.
A doctor prescribed Ramipril (Generic name: Altace) to my mom as she is suffering from B. P. There are so many adverse reactions when it is administrated. Can you say me what is the reason behind why the patient will suffer from adverse reactions like vertigo, renal impairment. Will the adverse reactions of the drug differs from a patient to patient like their age, diet, personality?
Hello everyone. I am 25 year old boy. I love singing and I want to sing throughout my life. Its my life When I was 11 years old I had operation for tonsils. After that I did not notice but there is a lot of change in my voice. There is always a little cough in my throat And I can't even speak too loudly as much as singing needs Please help me and suggest me any medicine to clear my throat and voice.
Hello doc I am 37 yr. My bp remains on higher side from last few months. Now I feel heavy in the back of my head. And there is a feeling that I have vertigo (faint, thakker aa rahe hai) all the time I am taking amlong mt 25 from last 1 month. My lipid profile comes normal except triglycerides are high Please suggest your kind advice.
Sir I have problem in throat for three years. The pain is under tongue and it reaches to the mind in right side. I have consulted to doctor many times. They say the problem is is in tonsils. So please suggest me sir how to overcome it.
My sister is 18 years old. Blood came from her nose for 2 times. What should she do? What is the problem.
You may feel congestion or fullness all over your face, pain around eyes, forehead, and face, and may have a runny nose or nasal congestion. The condition may be chronic sinusitis and knowing the symptoms will help you manage the condition effectively.
Chronic sinusitis is a condition where the cavities around the nasal passages, i.e., the sinuses become swollen and inflamed and stays like that for about 12 weeks. It is a persisting condition, and one or more sinuses are affected in this condition.
What causes chronic sinusitis?
There are quite a few causes that can lead to chronic sinusitis. Some of them are:
- A damaged nasal septum may cause the blockage of the sinus passages, thereby leading to chronic sinusitis.
- The growth of nasal polyps in the sinus passages causes the blocking of the passages and thus may lead to chronic sinusitis.
- Infections in the respiratory tract which can be viral, bacterial or fungal like cold and cough may cause the inflammation of the tissues in the nasal passage and thus block the passage for mucous movement. Such a condition also leads to chronic sinusitis.
- Other causes include some medical conditions like any immune system related diseases such as HIV or any complications of cystic fibrosis, gastroesophageal reflux, etc.
- Sometimes allergic conditions may also lead to the inflammation of the tissues of the nasal passage and result in the same.
Know The Symptoms To Self-diagnose
There are four primary symptoms related to chronic sinusitis out of which a person requires to be confirmed of the presence of at least two symptoms for the doctor to suspect chronic sinusitis. These are:
- Congestion of the nasal passage causing breathing difficulties through the nose.
- Discharge of highly viscous or thick, discolored mucus from the nose and also drainage of such down the back of your throat.
- Swelling, tenderness, and pain around the eyes, cheeks, nose, and forehead.
- A cough or reduced taste and smell sensations in the adults.
There are quite a few ways by which your doctor is going to diagnose the problem, some of which are:
- Observing the nasal passage by nasal endoscopy, that is by inserting an endoscope with a fiber-optic light. This process is also called Rhinoscopy.
- Details of your nasal area can also be observed using the images obtained from a CT or MRI scan.
- If any of the above tests fail, a tissue culture test of your nasal passage and sinus is done to identify the infection you are affected with.
Allergy tests may also be done if the doctor suspects the condition to be caused by any allergies.
Various medications, immune-therapies, and even surgeries are opted for reducing the inflammation or for making way for the mucus to move out. The treatment is chosen depending on the severity of the situation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!