Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subramanya N KYour feedback matters!
My son is 3 month old. I have thermometer to check his body temp. What is the normal temperature for babies? When it is said to be fever's temp?
Hello doc my height is 5'10 nd my wife, s height is 5 Now I have a child new born baby I want to know baby's height. Baby grows on me or my wife thanks.
My three year old son is frequently having itching and rashes due to some allergy. He also getting cranky for small things also. He won't have food properly but he is so active. Could you suggest solution for this.
When my 2 month old baby caught a cold, her pediatrician advised some medicines and when I told her that even I am having a bad cold, she asked me to take cetrizine to treat it and said it's safe even if I am breast feeding. Can I get a second opinion?
My son is 5 and half months old and urinates quite frequently. Please let me know your views. Is it normal or should I need to consult a doctor ?
My baby is 2 month old. She is suffer from cold and cough. I am giving her maxtra and ascoril tds. She s having bowel movement 4 times a day withvlemon yellow color. Is dere anything to worry.
Child born on 15yh july at 850 pm have small 2 holes in her heart there is there any problem at present and future there is any remedy for holes please suggest.
My son is 4 years old. He is unable to write alphabets or numbers but he is able to say them. We are struggling day and night making him practice more and more but we are failed to him write himself. Please help us what to do so that he can write on his own?
Hello Doctor. My son is 16 months now. He is extremely hyperactive child, showing the following symptoms- 1) He doesn't like to play with toys. He just likes climbing on tables, chairs and window grills. 2) If we get him new toys, he will just see it for a few minutes and then throw it away. 3) He wants to be out of the house all time. He cry's to go with any unknown person when they are leaving the house. 4) If we keep him out, he will just start walking. He will not even care to see if we are there with him or not. 5) He is very impatient for something he likes. For example he is very restless while feeding him oranges. He will not allow you to peel it. He just wants it immediately and will hit you if you don't give him fast. 5) Although we keep talking to him, till now he doesn't utter any words, no actions like'bye' etc. He only yells aloud. 6) He just cannot sit in one place and needs someone constantly. If you don't play with him even for a few minutes, he will put his head on the floor and start moaning in frustration. 7) He has been a troublesome child right from birth. Hardly used to sleep for just a few minutes during the whole day and night. Now, although his sleeping pattern has improved during the nights. During the day he still sleeps less. Probably around 1 hour if at all he sleeps. 8) When he was smaller, around 9-12 months, he used to watch television advertisements with great attention. He would not blink his eyes even if you nudge him or pat him lightly on his head. This is the only thing that grabs his attention, even now. Doctor, is my child showing signs of any disorder or is it too early to predict? Does he need any treatment? please help. Thanks.
My son is 5 Yrs old he always has cough.It gets better when he is on medication but then the cough comes back again a few days later.Please help.
My Son is 18 Months old, when he was 12 months old Hepatitis- A vaccine's first does given and as per the chart we should give the 2nd dose on 18 months. (chart provided by appollo chennai). So I just wanted to know whether we should give him when on extract age of 18 months old or what is the max age for giving Hepatitis - A vaccine's 2nd does.
Sir, my son is 2 years 8 month old, male, weight 15 kg. What kind of drinks should I give him? Pls suggest. I am already started pediasure. Pls give some suggestion for his health and brain growth.
My 5 months son have fiver since last 3-4 days. All the day he remains normal but in the late night or early morning he has fiver. Doctor asked to give paracip drops 3-4 time a day. Today morning his temp was 100. 6 f. Please suggest what I have to do.
We have 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup but it doesn't works well. He is always crying and he didn't sleep properly, we are worrying about him, please give me a best suggestion.
My son is 3 years 11 months old, and have been suffering from high diabetes 600+, though no member in our family or my wife's have diabetes. Doctor's saying his body is not generating insulin and he will have to keep taking insulin 2 times a day daily lifelong. Is there any cure, please advice.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.