Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. SubramanianYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam I am suffering from nightfall and underweight . My hand shivers. My friends told that due to masturbation but I left it months ago . Please suggest me the best solution.
The most powerful and amazing organ in our body is the brain. It differs from many other organs of our body not only by its shape, but also by its special type of cell called neurons. When these cells gets affected or dead it can never be reverted or regenerated which is the most exclusive nature found only in brain cells. The cells in other parts of our body has the capacity to regenerate (can be replaced or new one can be grown or produced), but brain cells are exception. Hence any damage to the brain, injury or trauma is really a crucial thing to be considered with utmost care.
Brain surgeries really need skill, proper training, confidence and intelligence to perform this highly complicated and risky surgery.
Brain surgeries are performed to:
- Remove the brain tissues that are grown abnormally
- Aneurysm is clipped to prevent flow of blood cliff off an aneurysm
- Biopsy purpose or to remove the tumour
- Make a nerve free
- Drain the abnormal blood or clot collection or to drain any excessive fluid collection caused by infection.
- To implant artificial electronic device as a treatment for conditions like Parkinson’s disease
- Biopsy: A part of brain tissue is removed for the brain or whole tumour is removed.
- Craniotomy: The skull bone is opened to remove tumour, an aneurysm and drain fluid or blood from infection.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: Endoscopic devices are inserted through the nose to remove the lesions or tumour.
- Minimally invasive neuroendoscopy: Similar to endonasal surgery but small incision is made.
- Anaesthesia risks like breathing difficulty, allergic reaction to medications, excessive bleeding or clots and infection.
- Risk related to the brain surgeries are seizures, coma, swelling of brain, infection to brain or meanings, surgical wound infection that intrudes to the brain structures, abnormal clot formation and bleeding.
- General risks include muscle weakness, disturbances in memory, speech, vision, coordination, balance and other functions that are controlled by the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
What is the reason for left side chest area nerve vibrate when this thing happen I feel very afraid.
I'm 33 years woman experiencing continuous pain on mid left side of my chest which is radiating at my back as well as on my left hand neck a sight numbness on last two fingers moving upwards in the elbow area.
I am 34 years male. I am suffering from a few vibration in right hand while writing since 3 years and have a little sleeping since one month. What should I do?
I have chronic migraine headache since last four years. Many time it takes a giant turn. What to do?
I am 37 year old female. I am having microadenoma near pituitary gland. And I am suffering from insomnia also. I want treatment of insomnia. As medicine I take is too reactive.
I got a seizure attack recently and it was the first time, want to know what causes it and how can it be prevented in future?
Good afternoon. I've been seeing some very slight shadows/outlines beside objects since 3 days ago and I'm very worried about it. My vision has always been perfect and I've done a brain scan 5 months ago (for other reasons), and it was normal. But since this weird vision symptom started, I've been worrying if it can be caused by some serious problem in the brain. Is it possible that, though I have a recent brain scan with normal results, this vision problem can be caused by some serious brain problem? I've been to a neurologist yesterday, and she said that this vision problem couldn't be caused by any serious brain condition because in 5 months a serious thing wouldn't develop enough to make me have vision symptoms like this. She said I didn't need to do another brain scan. But I'm still worried about being a brain tumor that could have developed in 5 months that's causing these slight shadows, because they are still very slight, so I'm worried the shadows could be not so bad yet because the problem could be in the beginning. I have severe anxiety and my neurologist said I should blame these vision symptoms on it, but I'm still very worried, as these shadows/outlines are scary. You think I should do another brain scan? Or is my neurologist right? Thank you.
I am a 22 year old female. I stay up late night to study. Because I feel it is the time I can concentrate. But sometimes when I get emotional or angry or nervous I get seizures like fits. Is it because of my sleeping schedule?
I got Frequently ache in head. I am bot able to listen loud sounds like horns ,alarm clock etc doc said that may be its because of stress and it can cause migraine .sir I dont know what to do to avoid that please help me.
I am 27 years old, am suffering from insomnia like condition for last three months. I tried best doctors prescription but gained no relief. I do work at a chemical laboratory, so can't take sedatives or CNS depressants. Now its getting worse as I feel irritated and lack concentration, its effecting my career. Please suggest some remedy.
My father of half body paralysis in left side effects on high BP. In100/190, so we telling me what I do.
Im having migraine n other health issues like pain in back. Bcoz of white discharge. What should I do to cure n get healed by that problem.
I am 32 years old suffering from maigrain headache and taking medicine but not recory. Please suggest solution.
My 83 years old mother has been diagnosed of Alzheimer's disease and with the first dose of allopathic medicine - DONEP- she ended up being admitted in the hospital in emergency for extreme weakness and nausea. Now she refuses to take that medicine. About a month back I started giving her homeopathic - BARYTA CARB 200 thrice a day 5 balls but do not see any improvement in her. I have heard that Ayurveda has good treatment for alzheimer, request you to please advise. When the memory test was done by the psychiatrist, my mother scored 20/30. She has no other health problems.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.