Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Subha Venu GopalYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr, We are trying for pregnancy so this month my wife crossed 18 day past ovulation and usually she l get period maximum 16 day past ovulation. Bec this time as Dr. prescribed so she s taking sustain 200mg from 2 day after ovulation to till date (14 tab). My question is now she skipped date it s because of sustain tab or pregnancy? please clarify me.
I took a contraceptive pill named Unwanted 72 after 34 hours of intercourse. And I have intercourse on the 4th day of my period. It is said that those pills has its side effect on skin too. And by the time am getting pimples on my face. Suggest me some food, supplements,or anything else so that I can get over the side effects of the pills and can get a healthy glow on my skin.
My mother has no balance in periods it comes very last and some times periods does not come and she have a big stomach how can she reduce her stomach?
I am pregnant by 7 months and having cold and dry cough. What medicine to have during pregnancy for cold and cough. Can I have vicks vapour up with steam water or is it harmful.
I have a periods problem. Last month I got periods and it lasted for almost 3 weeks. And with few days gap I got periods again. It lasted for almost 2 weeks and with one day gap I got periods again. I have lots of tensions. Is this periods problem because of this. Should I consult a doctor. Which doctor should I consult and what all the test should I do ?
I have done unprotected sex on 19th September. And 18th was my last fertile day. 17th was ovulation day. I'm worried now boz I'm two days late for my periods. 25th was date of periods. Is it possible that I'm pregnant? Should I test at home. Do this time is OK that I get a perfect answer from test or should I wait. I don't want a baby if it's positive Wat should I do for best. I feeding my 1st child. please help.
I am 21 years old, and I wont get my monthly cycle correctly, every month the date changes, my question is, will it effect in my pregnancy, in future, but i am not married yet?
I have irregular menstrual cycle problem I have consulted a doctor in February month and she gave me tablets then after 1 week I got periods and now it is almost 2 months completing but I am not getting periods so please can you tell me suggestions for this problem.
Actually sir, my girlfriend monthly periods are not be continues, I means periods are comes irregular intervals in every month some time 35 day / 45 day n some time 25 day. What I do ?
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the Gastroesophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms. Let us find out more about this condition.
- Routine: Hyperemesis Gravidarum usually strikes as a matter of routine at a set time everyday where the patient will either be in unappetising company of acute and painful acidity and nausea, or will also be vomiting.
- Severity: The severity of the condition usually decreases as the patient's pregnancy progresses. Usually, this condition strikes around the fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, before becoming better towards the middle of the second trimester. There are cases, though, where it continues to be just as severe till the very end of the pregnancy.
- When to take action: The patient may have to be hospitalised in case too much vomiting takes place, so as to prevent excess loss of water and salt from the body, and resultant weakness which may affect the growth of the foetus. Also, it is best to call the doctor when you have experienced fainting and dizzy spells.
- Causes: Hyperemesis Gravidarum or excessive vomiting during pregnancy cannot be attributed to any specific or single cause. Usually, it is known to be a genetic condition passed down by mothers to their daughters. But in most cases, doctors believe that the condition is due to hormonal changes, where an increase in the HCG hormone, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone level during pregnancy may lead to a variety of symptoms such as morning sickness or excessive vomiting. This hormone is known to be at its peak during pregnancy.
- Risk Factors: It has mostly been seen that women who are carrying twins are at risk of suffering from this condition. Also, women who have suffered from chronic motion sickness in the past report excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
- Treatment: The best way to treat this issue is to prevent too much of nausea and vomiting with the help of a bland diet that does not have heavy to digest ingredients. Also, it is best to take small and frequent meals.
Working your way around excessive vomiting during pregnancy is a matter of ensuring that you take rest, fluids and other precautions.
Related Tip: "6 Do’s and Don’ts of Working During Pregnancy "