Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Subbanna ShettyYour feedback matters!
1) Is flashlight close to only one eye for long will cause visual impairment in one eye? And in future can it cause lazy eye. 2) I have done that with my" right" eye. Few days ago I used to keep my smartphone camera very close to my eye for long time more than 10 mins to check I have squint or not. Actually i'm in physiological problem. 3) Then I check my both eyes from retina surgeon. According to him my both retinas are normal there is no damage. 4) after that I closed doing such is stupid things. But now when I close my left eye and see with right eye only I see things little blurry not to much but its noticeable. When I see things at far distance with my right eye only it is more blurry than near images. Can this lead to lazy eye in future? How can I treat it?
I am 20 year old I want to remove my spectacle please suggest me with good views my points in high values I want to remove this?
I have a serious problem of eyes pain whenever I work on computer. Please give some suggestions to overcome from this.
Is LASIK Surgery safe in the long term? Have heard that it has negative effects as a person goes above 40.
Hi I am 47 yrs old. Since last 2 months I feel irritation & sense of scratching I my eyes & the eyes turn red &tears roll out. What should I do?
Just below my right eye in the eye bag, theres a continuous twitching for last 8 to 10 days, what could be the reason and which doctor should I consult?
I am wearing glasses my eye power was -2.5 .but after 6 month my eye power is -3.5. How I will increase my eye power.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
Little bump on my right eye lower eyelid. It dosent pain otherwise but When I blink or look at light it does. What are home remedies to soothe it.
I have red eyes from long time. During seasonal change I feel irritation. Can you please suggest me what should I do?
Dr. Sir, my name is ram. I'm ill. And my body hots at night. My head in pain. I'm suffering for pain. My eyes are red. please Help me. Some advice give me.
I am 74 years old. Water comes from my both eyes Is there any suitable medicine in your system. If yes then I can meet you.
I am 20 years old I can' t able to read the board which is at some distance. Tears are immediately coming when I see board.Please suggest.
My eyes continulsy emits water and now etching is also started and redness also get occur in it. Wjat to do for tgjis to secure.
I have red eyes from 3 weeks and I have used moxigram for 3 weeks. It gives better result. But some redness is still there. What I should have to do. Please inform me.
Are you the one who loves to be outdoor for long hours? Or, does your work keep you under the sun for long? Well, if it is so, you need to be alert about your eyes. Long exposure to sunlight can damage your eyes. Put your glares and hat on a hot sunny day to keep your eyes away from any kind of damage.
There are several eye diseases, which are either caused or aggravated due to long exposure to sunlight. UV radiation can be generated from a natural or artificial source. Regardless of its origin, these rays are harmful for the human eye. Usually, when we talk of UV rays, we think of its adverse effects on skin. However, it is not just the skin that gets affected. The eyes are equally vulnerable.
What are UV rays?
It is a part of the solar radiation. These are of three types: UV-C, UV-A and UV-B. While UV-C is absorbed by the ozone layer, the other two rays penetrate the layer to affect human body.
It’s effect on eyesight
UV rays cause damage to the eyes. There are several diseases or disorder caused by these rays. Some of these have been discussed below:
Macular Degeneration: It happens as the retina is damaged by the UV rays. It leads to age-related blindness. It usually happens to people who are exposed to UV rays for a long period.
Cataract: It is a disorder in which the eye lens gets clouded. About 10% cases of cataract are caused due to exposure to UV rays. This is caused by UV-B rays.
Pterygium: This disease is often known as ‘surfer’s eye’. In this disease, a pink, non-cancerous growth is formed on the conjunctiva. UV rays cause these growths.
Skin Cancer of the eyelids: UV rays can cause cancer of the skin in and around the eyelids.
Photokeratitis: This is known as corneal sunburn or ‘snow blindness’. Photokeratitis occurs due to spending long hours at the beach or skiing. If a person doesn’t take proper eye protection during these activities, this disease can occur. It sometimes causes temporary vision loss.