Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subba Rao
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subba RaoYour feedback matters!
My father is 58years old and his prostate is enlarged to 37x36x42mm in measurement and volume in 30 ml. Can it be compressed with medication such as Dutasteride and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride? Will it reduce his pain in urinating? Or surgery is the only solution? Is there any risk of it turning into prostate cancer? Will surgery solve his problem? Thanks.
I have so much Acne and Dark spots on my face mostly near my nose what can I do to get rid of thi and to get a good skin.
Are you thinking of undergoing a facelift surgery? It is a common form of cosmetic surgery which is undertaken for reversing the age-clock of the face. Although the procedure is considered to be largely safe, it is good to have a knowledge of the side effects and complications. You can expect complications such as scarring. It is very important to choose an efficient and experienced plastic surgeon as the success of the surgery depends a lot on him.
The major side effects of a facelift surgery are similar to the side effects of any kind of surgical procedure. However, there are some distinct complications which are associated with a facelift surgery. They are as follows:
- Pain: Although most patients experience minor pain after a facelift surgery, a pain medication is usually prescribed by your surgeon for easing any kind of discomfort you experience. Skin numbness is likely after the surgery, which fades away on its own within a few days.
- Swelling: A lot of swelling occurs right after a facelift surgery is completed. However, this is nothing to be worried about as swelling is a part of your body’s natural reaction to any kind of injury. It subsides on its own as the body starts healing itself. The major swelling goes away within a few days, but some swelling may be experienced for several weeks after the surgery.
- Bruising: Similar to swelling, bruising is also a natural aspect of the body after a facelift surgery. It occurs as the body reacts to the changes. Bruising is most common during the first few days after a facelift surgery, and it is most likely to occur around the eyes. It takes about 10-15days for the bruising to go away completely. Improvement in bruising can be observed with each passing day.
- Scarring: Scarring is likely to remain pink for some months after a facelift surgery, after which it turns whitish and hardly noticeable.
Risks: Apart from the risks associated with any surgical procedure, other risks and complications which are likely after a facelift surgery are as follows:
- Injury to the nerves which control your facial muscles, although this is temporary.
- Problems related to proper skin healing. This is more common in patients who smoke.
- Crusts on the incisions made during the facelift surgery are also indicated. This too is temporary.
- A numb and tingling sensation around the incisions may be experienced.
However, it is also important to point out that facelift surgery is one of the most commonly performed facial surgeries all over the world with very good and satisfying results. More and more women and men are opting for this because it causes age reversal like no other method. The age is almost reversed at least 7-8 years and it is a very long lasting procedure. Most of the people look at it as an investment that they make on themselves rather than as an expense. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.