Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subba RaiYour feedback matters!
My 7 month baby boy last 3-4 days, every night crying so much and also having some cough, what can I do for him?
Hello doctor. I am 32 years old woman and have delivered a baby boy in the month of July. Now my son is 39 days old and I am on exclusive breastfeeding. In last few days I have noticed that milk production has decreased. Please prescribe me an oral medicine to increase the breast milk production.
My 8 month baby is suffering from bronchopneumonia with CCF and she is having vancomycin and piptaz injections for treatment from last 9 days. Now from last nite she is sweating a lot. Is it normal.
My daughter is 10 years old. She has not done potty for last 2/3 days and she is releasing gas. She is not eating but feeling uneasy. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
My baby is of 4 months and he has 8-9mm malaligned VSD. What are the chances of curing it without surgery. please give me suggestion.
My father have been continu cough sincelast 8 months i dont know what happen in my fathe.R they have work welding.
Son is 1.9 years old. And in our location hospital is about 10kms away! I want to know what is the immediate thing i've to do if while eating or drinking some food particles or milk got stuck in mouth airway. Because this is a common dangerous accident that can happen among kids!
My question to paediatrician is my baby is 7 months old can I give green coconut water If yes how much should be the quantity and other diet which I can start giving her apart from cerelac Thanks.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are:
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are:
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Lybrate - Dr. Ajay Mehta talks About Vaccinations In Children
Hello. I am Dr. Ajay Mehta and I am working in the field of pediatrics from last 16 years and I have worked for many carpets hospitals in Delhi NCR and my own clinic is in south city, Gurgaon. I would like to tell you about some tips about taking care of infants and newborns. First of all, we will take about the vaccinations.
The vaccination schedules which is being described by a WHO or government of India that should be followed by each and every new born. Vaccination schedule includes BCG and polio drops, like hepatitis B at the birth. Then DPT, then injection polio and Rotavirus vaccine. Now a days, Rotavirus vaccine is also available in civil hospitals. So I want that every child should be vaccinated till the age of 15 years and because this decreases the amount of diseases prevailing in the society and the country. So the death rates in the newborns and infants can be decreased by giving them vaccinations.
Second thing I would like to highlight about the nutrition part after 6 months of age is whining food that should be proper nutritious healthy diet should be started with the liquid diet, then semi-solid and then solid food should be given that is also very important part in this period. The requirement of the child increase after the 6 months of age and I never endorse any packed food or any formula food which are available in the market. Proper healthy and good food, healthy nutritious food should be initiated at the age of 6 months. And that is necessary for the development and the growth of the baby.
If you have any further queries you can contact me on lybrate.com because I think Lybrate is a better platform for our day to day queries.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My daughter is 3 year old. She is having cough since last week. We have given her cough syrup but no effect. Kindly suggest what we should give her. She used to cough at nights.
Hi, I am Dr Rajiv Singh. I am a consulting paediatrician in Max, Vaishali. I Have my own clinic in Shipra’s city.
Today I will be talking about a very important aspect of growth in newborn babies. After 6 months the babies are supposed to start on a weaning diet. We need to decide what the best nutrition is for the baby in this period. So, I just give you some simple tips.
- After 6 months of life, you start on semi-solid, mashed blanded vegetables, khichri, your halwas and mashed bananas, soup, juice.
- Remember to keep getting milk out of your nutrition and keep giving proper nutrition to the baby.The baby should have proper nutrition 3 times- morning, lunch, dinner and in-between snackings.
- Remember not to start giving milk with bottles and not to give cow’s milk or any kind of animal milk. If mother is having sufficient breast milk, you can continue to give breast milk or else formula milk.
- Baby should have liking for the food so, for that, you give salt and sugar to taste.
- You can use ample of butter, ghee in the food to make it very tasty.
- Water can be given as much as the baby wants.
- Remember to keep taking milk backwards and keep introducing new foods every one week or so.
- Very important to keep monitoring the baby’s growth during this period. Baby should be appropriately gaining weight according to the growth chart of the baby.
- For any nutrition supplements, you must contact your doctor before starting on any supplementary diet.
- Do not believe in giving animal’s milk or giving through any bottle.
- Try and make interesting scenarios. Try and make the condition and the house very suitable for the baby to enjoy diet food and mother and father should also sit with the baby and spend time, and start giving milk.
Initially you can have fussy babies. They might vomit few times; they might pass undigested semi-solid food which is very normal. So, do not get hassled up. Some babies are sweety, some babies are salty. Keep having a look at their taste and keep changing their diet. This is a very crucial phase in the babies’ growth. Don’t get too anxious that your baby is not eating. Just keep a watch at the growth. If the growth is normal, the baby is taking as per her /his appetite and it may not suit you according to your needs or your desires that your baby should be taking certain amount of diet.
If there are any further queries in this aspect which is my forte, you can always contact me through the excellent application of Lybrate.