Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subba RaiYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 years old. Frequently he get cold when season changes or when ice creams taken. Recently he got eye allergy and found long site problem. Suggest for further for reducing this problem.
My baby is 1 month and 5 days old. Passing stools around 15-18 times in a day. Maximum times when she apply force and sometimes while breastfeeding and immediately after breastfeeding. Given colicaid as discussed with doctor but colicaid was effective for 3 days only after that no effect. She is on breastfeed only. please suggest something.
Babies are fragile and need special care. In case of babies that are born prematurely, the amount of attention needed increases many fold and parents need to be extra careful and attentive. A baby born before 37 weeks of pregnancy is said to be a premature baby. The earlier the baby is born, the higher the risk of complications.
Most premature babies spend the first few days after birth in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). This is because they may have trouble breathing and may need help maintaining body heat. Though you may feel helpless watching your baby, it is important to spend time with your baby while he or she is in the NICU. Talk to the baby and touch him or her. As soon as your doctor allows, carry your baby while allowing him or her to have maximum skin to skin contact.
It is important to breastfeed a premature baby. Breast milk is the richest source of nutrition for your baby and is easy to digest. It is also rich in antibodies that help boost a bay’s immunity and protect them against a number of infections. If you cannot feed your baby directly, pump your breast milk and store it in sterilised bottles to be given to the baby. Premature babies can get critically ill very fast. To prevent this from happening, it is important to build a good rapport with your baby’s doctors and keep a close eye on your baby. Maintaining a journal can help you recognise changes in your baby’s development. Watch out for subtle signs that your baby could be falling ill. Some of these signs are:
- A distended abdomen
- Dry the diapers frequently
- Frequent vomiting
- Blood in the stool
- Temperature instability
- Lethargy and unresponsiveness
- Change in breathing
In some cases, the mother may be discharged before the baby. This may seem very difficult, but does not need to limit your time with your baby. Caring for a premature baby is tough and hence use the time away to rest and recuperate. Remember that your baby is in safe hands and do not let yourself get too stressed.
Your baby will be ready to come home once he or she can breathe on their own and is able to maintain a steady body temperature. Your doctor may also wait until the baby can be breastfed and begins gaining weight before discharging him or her. Once the baby is home, do not attempt to be the sole caregiver but involve your family in building a team of caregivers. This will keep you from getting burnt out and will ensure that your baby is constantly monitored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Mra baby 14 month ka h uska hemoglobin 7.8 h or wo phle sb kuch khaata tha lakin an wo kuch ni khata sirf mra hi doodh peeta h. Dr. Ne usko iron k syrup diye h lakin wo dewai ni peeta ya to dewai baaher thook dta h ya ulti kr dta h. Please betaye me kya kru.
I have a son of 6 1/2 years old he has got a very bad cough. I gave him piriton syrup as suggested by doctor but I see no results. What should I do.
My son aged 4.6 years has Vit D deficiency. Apart from Vit D rich food which medicine I can give him.
My daughter is one year four month old. I am still confused as what food to give her so please suggest any healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner for her healthy and normal growth?
Hello doctor, My 10 months old infant is passing very hard stool that too not passing completely. I am giving more water but still the same thing is happening please suggest what to do.
I am having fever from last three days followed by headache and little cold and cough. Please suggest any medicine for this.
1. How much useful/not useful goat milk (properly sterilised) for infants below 12 months of age? 2. What benefits of it to human life?
My 9 year old boy is hyper can be aggressive can not sleep wets the bed alot loves sour or salty foods as poor fine motor skills poor short memory flexible fingers does not feel pain as meltdowns I had gbs while pregnant but no antibiotics he was born on his due date but only weighed 5lb13 he has had.
My 3 years old son platelet count is on bit higher side. It's 4.9lkh. But his pediatrician has not even reacted to that value. Is it okay to have this value?
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.