Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Stephen A
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Stephen AYour feedback matters!
Good Morning sir/madam, My father 45 suffering from dizziness, fear weight loss at mid nights, early morning, but bp is always normal. He was going to walking daily. He used teldawn-20 some times. He addicted to youtube always. My question is this one mobile side effects or tablet effects or anything sir?
I have serious sinus issues, by last year I was able to sleep in AC but now its gone worse. Kindly suggest.
I am getting blood from my nose especially in summer how can we cure it and what we should do for that.
Hi, This has been a daily issue for me since the past few years, and now all of a sudden it feels it is getting worse. I have always this urge to clear my throat, and phlegm keeps building up in my throat which makes me want to clear my throat. I have seen many doctors for a solution but they seem to tell me it is just psychological. But I really don't understand how it can be psychological if I actually can cough out the phlegm, and if try their advice of not thinking about it, makes sore throat blocked resulting in coarse speech. And of course cold / sweet food items make it worse. I have a deviated nasal septum as well. If this is any helpful. I am a working professional, but very active and physically fit, play football over weekends, and try to stay in shape. Any medicines or exercises that I can go for to cure this. Thanks.
I seem to be having sinus wherein one of my nostrils is blocked (partially) for most of the time, although I don't seem much bothered by it since it has been around 9 yrs now. Anything that can be done to cure this? thanks
My nose is getting dry again n again and blood is there with mucus. What is the reason for this and what should I do?
Tinnitus is a disorder which is characterized by a constant perception of a ringing noise in the ears. This is not the condition in itself, rather it signals some other underlying condition such as an ear injury or age related hearing loss. It is not a serious condition, although the symptoms can worsen with age. If you are affected by this disorder, you might experience or ‘hear’ a constant ringing sensation in the ears, even if there are no external sources of noise. These sounds could range from being a buzzing, ringing, to a hissing sound. This condition has mighty chances of interfering with your daily routine.
It is classified into two types:
- Objective tinnitus: This disorder is caused by muscle contractions or a blood vessel problem.
- Subjective tinnitus: The more commonly occurring type, it is caused by damage to the auditory nerves or regions of the brain that interpret sound.
The causes of this disorder are:
- Exposure to loud noise: If you are exposed to loud noises such as the ones emanating from firearms or heavy machinery over a prolonged period, it can lead to tinnitus.
- Aging: Aging can cause progressive loss of hearing, thus triggering tinnitus.
- Blockage of the ear: There is earwax present in the ears, the function of which is to trap dirt and bacteria. Excessive earwax accumulation leads to loss of hearing, resulting in tinnitus.
- Modifications of the ear bone: Any stiffening of the middle bone in the ear could impair your hearing and result in this condition.
Certain factors such as smoking, age, sex (men are prone to this disorder) and heart related disorders increase the risks of being affected by this condition.
The treatment of this condition begins with the identification of the underlying condition, if any. The various treatment options are –
- Removal of earwax: Excess earwax has gotten rid of which can relieve symptoms of tinnitus.
- Suppression of noise: Certain machines, known as white noise machines, produce random sounds such as the sound of rain or the sounds of waves, thus eliminating the ‘hearing’ of sounds which are common to this condition.
- Medications: Certain medications such as alprazolam and nortriptyline can help reduce the severity of the symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.