Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ss KumarYour feedback matters!
What causes cough, runny nose, and other symptoms of the common cold? — These symptoms are usually caused by a viral infection. Lots of viruses can take hold inside your nose, mouth, throat, or lungs, and cause cold symptoms. Most adults get over a cold without lasting problems but having a cold can be uncomfortable especially for kids.
What are the symptoms of the common cold? — The symptoms include:
●Sniffling and runny nose
In children, the common cold can also cause a fever.
How can I tell if my child has a cold or the flu? — The common cold and the flu both cause many of the same symptoms. But they also have some important differences. This table can help you tell the difference between a cold and the flu (table below).
|Fever||Rare||Usual;high (100-102 deg F), lasts 3-4 days|
|General aches and pains||Slight||Usual, often severe|
|Fatigue, weakness||Sometimes||Usual, can last upto 2-3 weeks|
|Extreme exhaustion||Never||Usual, at the beginning of illness|
|Chest discomfort, cough||Mild to moderate, Hacking cough||Common; can become severe|
When should I call the doctor? — Most people who have a cold do not need to see the doctor
Call your child's doctor if he or she:
● A fever of more than 100.4º F (38º C) that comes with shaking chills, loss of appetite, or trouble breathing.
● Refuses to drink anything for a long time
●Is younger than 4 months
●Has a fever and is not acting like him- or herself
●Has a cough that lasts for more than 2 weeks and is not getting any better
●Has a stuffed or runny nose that gets worse or does not get better after 2 weeks
●Has red eyes or yellow goop coming out of his or her eyes
Take your child to the emergency room if he or she:
●Becomes confused or stops responding to you
●Has trouble breathing or has to work hard to breathe
What should I know if my child has a cold? — In children, the common cold is often more severe than it is in adults and also lasts longer. Usually it lasts 3 to 7 days, but some children may have symptoms for up to 10 days. In addition, children often get a fever during the first 3 days of a cold.
Are cough and cold medicines safe for children? — If your child is younger than 6, you should not give him or her any cold medicines. These medicines are not safe for young children. Never give aspirin to any child younger than 18 years old. In children, aspirin can cause a life-threatening condition called Reye syndrome. When giving your child acetaminophen or other nonprescription medicines, never give more than the recommended dose. However you may try some home remedies like honey admixed with ginger and older children may beneffit from steam inhaltion and warm saline gargles
Can the common cold lead to more serious problems? — In some cases, yes. In some people having a cold can lead to:
●Worsening of asthma symptoms
How can I keep from getting another cold? —The most important thing you can do is to wash your hands often with soap and water. Alcohol hand rubs work well, too. The germs that cause the common cold can live on tables, door handles, and other surfaces for at least 2 hours. You never know when you might be touching germs. That's why it's so important to clean your hands often. You may also take steps towards improving your child's immunity like giving him a wholesome and nutritious diet comprising of all vegetables and fruits. Encourage physical activity/ exercise in your child. You may also provide him/her protection from seasonal flu by enruring regular vaccination for the same.
I have loose motions from more than one month and I have taken every possible cure for this problem.
My age 28, testosterone levels 3.86 ng/ml. TSH levels 16. Suffering from Hypothyroidism. Is my testosterone levels ok? Will Hypothyroidism treatment resolve my sex problems Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation? please suggest. Thank you.
I had a accident long back. I broke my left ankle. But aftr so many years still that part of ankle pains what should I do.
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from occasional impotence and other related issues. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other reasons including heart disease, diabetes and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache, which can actually last days. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrow Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the member increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow and not strong enough, then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition.