Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srividya. SYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old. Me and my girl friend thought for copulation but I entered my penis only upto hymen and I had a previous ejaculation 3 months ago. Is there ant possibility of presence of sperm in the pre cum or is there any chance of pregnancy ? Please any one help.
Hello Doctor I am 26 years old. I have been married since three years and now we are getting ready for the family planing, so for that we had a pre-conceptional visit with the doctor. Now since 6 months we are trying to conceive but that ends in negative results. So on my concern the doctor advised me to do the follicular study and from that the results showed that the development of follicles want happening properly say: on 10th day I had 7*8 mm (Right ovary) and 4*6 (Left ovary) and on 12th day it was almost the same size and on 15th day the right ovary had 11*11 mm and left ovary had Nodf and my doctor told that I had PCOD pattern and I was not ovulating. But my periods are regular like either it has come after 26th day interval or before 33 so my period was quite regular and no other PCOD symptoms which was read on internet notes so I need to know if ovulation is not happening what are the steps that I need to know. I need the solution for this! 1) What if ovulation does not occur. Can anything be done on this? I heard about the tablets for inducing the ovulation process so will it really work? I am 71. 8 kg, 5'6" 26 years, Regular menstrual cycle, Thyroid values is 1.148 and S. Prolactin was 11.20 so I need advice and the solution too doctor! Please.
I am a 4th month pregnant I do not have motion freely what will I do please give me reply?Please tell.
Actually I want to raise my wife sex expectations to just have some fun with me. She is boring types and so just suggest me pill for that she will have that hormone increased.
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
Testicular injury or deformed testis,
Irregular menstrual periods,
Problems with erections,
Uterus is ill-shaped,
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
Scanty sperm count,
Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
Bringing a child into this world is one of the most wonderful phases of a woman's life. At the same time, this involves a lot of body changes - physiologically, physically, chemically, and emotionally.
Mommy makeover refers to one or a combination of procedures that are done to alter the appearance after delivery, especially relating to one or more of the following:
- Tummy that is sagging (no fat, just loose skin) with stretch marks
- Breasts that are altered in size and shape, sometimes the enlargement could be completely disproportionate with the body and cause back pain
- Undefined thick waistline with irregular fat accumulation
- Fat deposits on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and trunk that do not reduce with dietary changes and exercise
- Skin changes on the face and around the eyes, giving an aged appearance
- Post cesarean, there is excessive skin around the surgical scar
- Reduces tummy size
- Gives a more youthful appearance
- Alters breasts to the desired shape and size
- Weight loss, if happens, could affect the results
- Subsequent pregnancies don't have any complications with tummy tuck but with another pregnancy the effects may be lessened or reversed.
- Since surgery is involved, the risk of unforeseen complications always exists (for instance, in breast implants, there is capsule formation or capsulitis, in rare cases rupture may require removal.)
Mommy makeover is not a single step procedure, but a combination of plastic surgical procedures that are done depending on the problem you present with.
- Tummy tuck - If there is abdominal sagging, the tummy is tucked back into position by removing the fat and excessive skin and reworking on the belly button.
- Liposuction - Excessive fat deposits in the hips, thighs, trunk area can be removed by sucking out the fat deposits. Most commonly done in the hips and trunk area.
- Breast lift - Sagging uneven breasts, drooping nipples, reduced volume are all indications for a breast lift. During the surgery, the breast tissue is repositioned to reproduce a better shape and size and reposition the nipples if required.
- Breast reduction - Large breasts are a common problem, and breast reduction is one of the most requested for procedures.
- Breast augmentation - Either saline implants or silicone are used to restore breast size and shape to the desired results. Usually, breast lift is combined with breast augmentation.
- Facial corrections - From dark circles to sagging skin to wrinkles, facial appearance can be changed based on the presenting symptoms.
These are very brief descriptions of the various procedures that are done as part of mummy makeover. A detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding costs, subsequent pregnancies, aftercare, recovery, healing, and limitations and risks is to be had ahead of the surgery.
Is it safe to travel in pregnancy during 4th month in a train? Actually we are living in Delhi and wishes to visit our native place at Andhra Pradesh which is above 2000km journey and 34 to 36 hrs journey. Last menstrual period was 28.01. 2016.
Menorrhagia is a condition that is marked by heavy menstrual bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycles. Most women have a unique bleeding pattern during that time of the month with the flow going up and down over the first few days. Yet, for many women, the bleeding becomes consistently heavy during all the days of the period, during which the period itself may get extended by a few days. If this pattern continues to occurs, one must get it checked out by a doctor at the earliest. Here are a few ways in which this condition may be treated.
Factors considered during treatment: Before the treatment starts, and during the diagnosis stage, the doctor will take a look at a number of factors so that the correct form of treatment may be prescribed to the patient. To begin with, the doctor will take a complete medical history of the patient, including the family history to ascertain whether or not there may be a genetic problem at play. Further, the future childbearing plans of the patient will also be taken into consideration in such cases so that the treatment method does not hinder such plans. Also, the doctor will also try and understand the effect of the symptoms of this condition before prescribing any particular medication and surgery.
- Medication: Iron supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines will be prescribed for the patient to bring down the level of inflammation and restore the production of blood, which will make up for the rapidly flowing blood from the body. This will also prevent the risk of anemia. Oral contraceptives, tranexamic acid, oral progesterone and hormonal therapy can also help in such cases.
- Dilation and curettage: This procedure is also known as D&C, and it basically helps in dilation or opening up of the cervix so that the doctor may suction the tissue from the uterine lining. This tissue is usually known to bring about excessive bleeding.
- Uterine artery embolisation: This is a procedure which shrinks any existing fibroids that may be the cause behind excessive bleeding. In this procedure, the uterine arteries are blocked and the blood supply to the same is cut off so that the fibroids do not get a chance to grow and cause unnecessary pressure that may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that removes the cervix as well as the uterus, and is usually the last resort followed by most doctors. In such cases, the doctor will first ascertain whether or not you plan to have any children in the future. Additionally, the ovaries may also be removed if the condition has spread too much to be contained sufficiently.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Doctor, Since 3 month I am doing sex with my partner but till now she is not pregnant please do the helpful to me.
We are sharing some tips that can help you to protect your eyes from holi colors:
1. Make sure that colors or any other product does not get inside your eyes as it can cause serious eye irritation or itchiness. Keep your eyes tightly shut when you are attacked on your face.
2. Do not wear contact lenses while playing with holi colours.
3. Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from a misfire of color filled darts or water jets.
4. Keep a big bucket of clean water near you.
5. Wash the eye with plenty of clean and cold water, if the color goes inside. Remember not to rub or massage the eye.
P. S. Note:
“Unpacked colors and paints available in the market contain toxic chemicals can leads to temporary blindness if they enter your eyes”
If you experience any sort of irritation and notice any undesirable signs like persistent redness, change in vision, swelling pain in your eyes, call up an ophthalmologist immediately at ravi eye foundation
Please share to make others aware.
My Age: 48 yrs and having continuous menstrual bleeding for past 10 days. Happens with me for past few months. But this is leading to too much 0f fatigue and I am already anemic. I have been advised for removal of uterus but I wanted a second opinion. Is there any way in which this can be controlled or reduced?
1. Important Myths And Facts About Sex During Menstruation
Having Sex During Periods Can Lead To Pregnancy
Fact: Although the chances of you getting pregnant if you have sex during periods are minimal, it pays to be extra cautious and be safe every time you opt for sex, even during periods. Another thing that needs to be noted here is that sperm can survive inside the human body for a few days. And in case you have unprotected sex during periods and ovulate early, your chances of getting pregnant increase manifold.
2.Menstrual Blood Is Harmful For The Penis
Fact: A common, misplaced notion among women is that menstrual blood is dirty fluid that carries infections and other impurities. And so it could be harmful for the penis, should it come in contact with the same.
The truth is that menstrual blood is not at all considered impure and is in fact just a mixture of healthy blood and tissues that the body does not need (these line the uterus for pregnancy and are shed every month when the periods pass). So coming in contact with this blood would not harm the penis in any way.
3.Sexual Intercourse During Periods Can Harm The Uterus
Fact: Every month when your periods occur, a small opening develops in the uterus to pass menstrual blood. The common notion is that this opening is large and having sex during periods can cause the penis to poke into the hole and injure the uterus. This is not possible at all as the opening would be too small for the penis to enter. And so, there is absolutely no harm to the uterus if you have sex during your menstrual cycles.
4.Sex During Periods Can Cause Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Fact: There is no way you can contract AIDs via sex unless one of the partners is HIV infected. If you have unprotected sex with an individual who is HIV positive, chances are you will get infected as well, be it during your menstrual cycles or after.
The same goes for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. As mentioned earlier, menstrual blood is nothing but a mixture of normal blood and tissues that line the uterus. And so it would not contain any infections, impurities or agents that can cause STDs.
However, if you or your partner already has STD then the chances of the infection spreading would be greater. So make it a point to use a condom during sex, even during periods.
5. Sex During Periods Can Offer Relief From Menstrual Cramps And Excessive Bleeding
Fact: To an extent this is correct. Sex during periods can relieve women of menstrual cramps owing to the fact that orgasms can stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body which can reduce pain. Again, sex during menstruation can reduce pain by using up the chemicals called prostaglandins which are responsible for menstrual cramps.
Having sex during periods can also stop excessive menstrual bleeding (in terms of the number of days). This does not necessarily mean that the blood stays inside the body. Rather, sexual intercourse would cause the uterus to contract and expand faster, thereby propelling the fluid and tissue out of the body faster. Therefore, there are strong chances for your periods to stop earlier than expected although you can expect heave flow during the initial days.