Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SrividyaYour feedback matters!
Hi im 23 years old. I got married 2 years ago. Stil im not conceived when I gone to Gynaecologist doctor she suggested to do some scanning n they found I have a multiple tiny cystic on my both ovaries. An aslo my period comes once in 3 months. Im not evaluating property. Pls let me know. Do I need to go for ivf or I can achieve pregnancy by just medicine. Since im just 23 years I do not want to loose my confidence of conceiving my own without treatment. Pls suggested me.
HELLO. As I say before I didn't get pregnant from last 2 year my age 23 n my weight 60. I consult gynecologist she suggest me to have some tests I did my report came I ask her what's the problem she said I have prolactin hormones problem but I didn't understood. Can you explain me in details what's the actual problem is. Its a minor problem or major. Now what I have to do please suggest me. I request you please explain me in details what is prolactin hormones what will happen from this. I unable to attach my reports because there no options showing here. Thank you.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
I'm in my 27th week of pregnancy (first). My due date is May 12. Is it safe to have sex without condoms weekly twice during now? When should I stop having sex. I feel very tired after a short sex also. Please guide.
I had sex with my boy friend 3 days back, later I had unwanted tablet. Now I am getting stomach pain like how I am getting in period days, please confirm is this common thing for two to three days or anything abnormal note: period date as per last month june 20th.
I am 24 years girl and I am sexually active. I have not got my MC since more than a month. But when I had sex last time I got the MC in Feb month. As per ultrasound report I am not pregnant. Just because left ovary size got enlarged not got my MC. Please suggest. My HB 14.1 BMI 21.
Homeopathy is a department of natural medicine based on the Principle of Similars and a non-toxic system of experimental science of therapeutics originated in Germany. From Germany (year 1796) homeopathy spreads to Austria (1816) and then to the rest of the Europe. The birth date of the founder and father of Homeopathy i.e. 10 April every year is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Day’ and the week following his birthday (10-16th April) is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Awareness Week’
Principle of similar (Let likes be treated by likes) talks about the pathogenetic and symptomatic similarity between the drug and the disease and is stated as
The drug which is most likely to cure or relieve a case of disease is that which when administered to a healthy person, has shown itself capable of producing symptoms and change in sensation experienced which most closely resemble those of the case of disease.
In 1790, he discovered principle of similar when he found that drug which was known to be curative actually produces those very symptoms when given to a healthy person. He said, “Substances which arouse a kind of fever extinguish the types of intermittent fevers…Cinchona cures intermittent fever by virtue of its power to produce in the healthy, a similar affection”. But the principle was published in 1796.
The same drug acts differently when given to a person under conditions of disease from what it would do in the same person when in health. The powers of any drug over the human organism, is the sum-total of the symptoms and alternations it has caused when introduced into a healthy organism, and the symptoms and morbid changes it has removed when given to the sick
In other words, the specific curative property of a drug lies in its power of producing similar symptoms in a healthy individual i.e. the drugs have sickness-making as well as sickness curing properties, the sickness being the same . What a drug can cause it can cure; and that if you want to know what a drug can cure, you have only to discover what it can cause
Homoeopathy maintains that there is a constant relationship between the effect of drugs on the healthy and the curative reactions they call forth in the sick, so, clearly, you must test drugs on healthy people. If a compound caused symptoms in healthy volunteers, it should then also serve as a remedy for patients who actually suffer from such symptoms.
Hahnemann found that when a medicine was able to produce changes similar in nature and expression to that of the natural disease in the patient, it stimulated a response in spite of obstacles or sluggishness of the system. This response was the natural one the body used in curing itself. The response was a temporary aggravation of one or more symptoms followed by quick amelioration.
Disease can be cured by a medicinal substance given in small doses that produces similar symptoms in health people when given in large doses. In simple words, the medicine can cure when given in picogram doses what it can cause in milligram doses.
1. Red onion when peeled makes your eyes water and your nose burn. If you are having an attack of hay fever/common cold with watering eyes and a burning nose or a cold which is ‘worse indoors, better in open air’, a homeopathic remedy made from onion called allium cepa can relieve it.
2. Poison ivy causes redness, intense itching, burning, blistering and sometimes stiff muscles. Potentised poison ivy called as rhus tox (a homeopathy medicine) has been used for herpes, burns, eczema, allergy, arthritis, etc.
3. When you are stung by a bee you feel a burning, stinging pain and the tissues surrounding the area swell up. Some relief is gained from applying cold to the area. If you had swollen tonsils with burning and stinging pain relieved by cold, a homeopathic remedy prepared from the same source Apis Mellificia could cure.
5. Eyebright causes a clear and bland nasal discharge along with tears that burn and irritate the skin under the eye. The homeopathic medicine Euphrasia prepared from eyebright cures it.
6. Quinine (derived form Cinchona bark) given in daily doses to a healthy person can cause symptoms similar to malaria. Indeed, the Cinchona officinalis, a homeopathic medicine prepared from cinchona bark, is curative in many patients with malaria.
7. White Hellebore, in large doses, causes violent purging that leads to severe dehydration-symptoms similar to cholera. Veratrum album, a homeopathic medicine prepared from White Hellebore is effective against cholera
8. Belladonna, a homeopathic medicine, is used to treat scarlet fever (fever due to Group A Streptococcal (bacterial) Infection), since the symptoms of belladonna poisoning closely resemble those of scarlet fever
9. Human body can tolerate about 7 grams of salt per day, but if we triple it and give 21 grams per day, we will have a very sick person within a fortnight with a host of symptoms peculiar to the substance given in high enough doses. A medicine prepared from common salt called Natrum mur can cure host of diseases ranging from hypertension to depression.
Hi. I am a 26 year old female, who is suffering from pcos and undergoing ayurvedic treatment for that. While masturbating, I get pain in my lower abdomen and not able to get excited fully. Is this a cause for my periods delay? Also, during periods I have stomach ache and blood cramps with heavy bleeding. Suggest me a remedy.
My wife 5 month pregnancy .she want to remove her pregnancy .she can take mifepristone tablet. It maybe work.
My unmarried friend aged 23 had a unprotected sex last month but she had I Pill the very next day. But now she's has not had her periods (already 2 days delay. What are the chances of getting pregnant even after I Pill contraceptive. Preparing for worse how to go about abortion? How much time is required for abortion and rest after that? She's very worried obviously as no one else can know.
Hi Could you please tell me what does unwanted 72 I pill do and what are its side effect? What if a person had a sex and sperm went into vagina then after how much time I pill should be taken?
I had last period on 20 October now iv pain in breast and leg am I conceived if I'm I don't want this pregnancy.
We had an intercourse on 13th Feb followed by regular periods from 8th March. Now I am 7days late for my period. Can I be pregnant by any chance?
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Damages to the fallopian tubes in the form of scarring and inflammation due to a preceding medical infection, condition or surgery
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Birth defects
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination