Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srisha ShankaramYour feedback matters!
One side of my face ie right jaw side is getting abnormal swelling on enquiry online suggested me to consult endocrinologist.
Will you suggest a toothpaste that keep healthy my gums and smell free my teeth start looking white than creamy white.
I'm 21 years old Male. It's been couple of months i've developed black stains on my teeth. I neither smoke nor use any Tobacco products. May I know what May be the reason?
Hi i'm 22years, female. Last month suddenly I lost my weight, had light fever and cough too. From past five days while i'm brushing blood is coming from my mouth when I spit. I'm scared. From three days I noticed blood is coming repeatedly even sometimes while brushing I dont get blood. Can you please tel me what would be the reason? should I consult a doctor? to which specialist I had to consult?
In accident ear side upper right side chik bone got hurt and after nose bleeding finding the side upper teeth griped hard and always feeling like in upper teeth has kind of some thing sticked (fasa hooa) always since last more than one year. That place of gum also feel tighten inside. tried hard to clear but can not. What treatment I do to clear it?
I have hypersalivation problem from two years. I feel irritated as my tongue feels rough. Please tell me some solution.
Hi sir am 20 years old. My problem is am getting blood on tooth when I get mouth wash and even in normal time E. G. When I eat something etc. Because of this am struggling with bad smell so kindly suggest the good route to resolve this issue. Seeking earlier replay from you.
How to remove tobacco and pan masala spot from my teeth, my teeth get yellowish. I have pain in some tooth, before chewing pan masala my mouth was opened fully, but this time closing why? Can I get fully open mouth as like before? Is it painful treatment?
Im 17 years old, I feel pain in the lower last tooth and the flesh attached to it. Only on one side. It pains whenever I chew food to that corner. Pls suggest some natural way to decrease it.
The tooth of which I have taken rct treatment but couldn't complete has turned black. What does it mean and what should I do? What would be the cost if any treatment has to be done?
Manual Toothbrush vs. Electric Toothbrush
In a world where every little thing is being automated, why must the activity of brushing your teeth be left behind? Well unless scientists come up with a technique that entirely renders brushing your teeth unnecessary, the only thing we can rely on as of today is easing the activity. And that has been done by bringing in the electronic toothbrushes in the market.
The manual toothbrush was invented in the 1930s. Several upgrades and updates were added to the toothbrush, and in the 1990s, the electronic toothbrush was introduced. Is it better than the manual toothbrush, or is the vintage route more beneficial, let's take a look:
- Cost: Electronic toothbrushes cost significantly more than manual toothbrushes. A manual toothbrush could cost on an average Rs. 30-Rs.40, whereas an electronic toothbrush costs close to Rs.400-Rs.500.
- Features: Unless you have a set timer in front of you, the time you take to brush your teeth manually solely depends on you. Electronic toothbrushes come with a built in timer which you can set at 2 minutes or more (2 minutes being the appropriate time considered for effective cleaning of teeth). This built-in timer saves you from relying on your guesswork and effectively helps you clean your teeth according to the recommended timings.
- Convenience: Manual toothbrushes are convenient to carry while traveling. They have negligible weight and can fit into any travel pouch easily. Electronic toothbrushes, on the other hand, are heavy in weight and need a battery charger to be carried along, which makes them a pain to carry around.
- Effort: Electronic toothbrushes significantly reduce your effort put into the activity. All you need to do is tilt your toothbrush to a 45-degree angle, and let the toothbrush do all the work. Whereas, manual toothbrushes, require you to carefully use proper brushing techniques to get the best results and thus require more effort.
- Options: Manual toothbrushes come with a huge variety of bristles, heads, colors etc. For sensitive gums, one can pick a toothbrush with soft bristles; for kids, one can pick a toothbrush with a smaller head to fit into their mouths. Electronic toothbrushes, as of today do not come in a variety of sizes or bristle types. Thus, the choice and utility are restricted.
And the most important factor-
Oral health maintenance: Electronic toothbrushes are known to give better results in comparison to manual toothbrushes when it comes to removing plaque and gingivitis. Also in the case of children when you cannot ensure whether they are brushing their teeth properly, electronic toothbrushes come to the rescue.
Though electronic toothbrushes give better results with lesser effort, manual toothbrushes have their own conveniences, too.