Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sriram PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Bad breath is a condition that usually results from poor oral health or digestive problems. Bad breath may also cause social awkwardness and self-esteem issues. The practitioner first carries out a diagnosis to detect the symptoms and prescribes a remedy accordingly.
The various causes of bad breath are:
- Irregular brushing habits
- Tobacco consumption
- Consuming certain foods like onion and garlic may result in a foul smell
- Yeast infections in the mouth
- Dry mouth where saliva production is minimal
- Illnesses such as kidney problems may cause bad breath
Homeopathy focuses on providing a holistic treatment rather than a symptom based treatment.
The various homeopathic remedies for bad breath are:
- Pulsatilla: If you have bad breath along with dry mouth, Pulsatilla can be an effective remedy. Pulsatilla is a very effective treatment for getting rid of bad breath along with dry mouth.
- Merc sol: It is very effective in treating bad breath along with increased production of saliva. If your salivary glands are overactive and have a moist mouth, then this remedy is recommended. It is also useful in getting rid of bad breath that occurs from dental cavities.
- Carbo veg: If the bad breath results from infections, such as gingivitis and gum bleeding, then you may use this remedy. It is also used in the treatment of pus discharge from the gums.
- Carbolic acid: Carbolic acid is used to treat bad breath along with constipation. The symptoms are bloated abdomen, abdominal cramps and nausea.
- Kreosote: This remedy is recommended for bad breath that results from dental caries. It may lead to bleeding from your gums due to teeth decay.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is a treatment that is recommended for bad breath that results from a throat infection. The throat infection may be accompanied by symptoms of fever.
- Nux vomica: Nux vomica is used for treating symptoms of bad breath along with cold. This also relieves symptoms of indigestion and constipation.
Hi doc My gums are receding day by day .even after proper brushing and oral care .consulted dentist he suggested some toothpaste , that too didn't worked . I am worried a lot .now just using vitamin c and folic acid tablets. Help .
I am having problem in my upper mucus and I am not even able to open my mouth and talk with people. What is the remedy for this? Please find out a solution for this ?
I am suffering from mouth ulcer I have taken so many medicine like folic acid vitamin b complex but still not feeling gud can you help me.
Mere throat mai 1 month se pain hai. Meri tongue mai white colour ke spots bhi hai. Aur weakness bohot zyada hai.
I have sensitivity in my teeth. If any of the cold things like icecream or cold water touch my teeth it feels very uncomfortable. Please suggest me something for this sensitivity.
1.Cavities: Also known as tooth decay, cavities are holes in the teeth caused by acids in our mouth. Those acids may come from foods in our diet or when mouth bacteria turns sugars we eat into acids. The treatment for a cavity is a filling. If you have a cavity, don't wait, because they only grow bigger over time!
2.Toothache: A toothache is often caused by cavity that has reached the sensitive root of the tooth. This means the tooth is infected and needs a filling or a root canal. Toothaches can also be caused by teeth grinding, gum disease, a misaligned bite, or accidents that damage the teeth.
3.Gum Disease: Gum disease is a common condition caused by bacterial overgrowth in the mouth. The bacteria make toxins that irritate the gums, leading to redness, swelling, bleeding, and possibly even tooth loss. Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are key to halting gum disease.
4.Tooth Grinding: Ever wake up with a sore or popping/clicking jaw? You might be grinding your teeth at night. A special night guard?available only through a dentist?can help protect your teeth and ease the jaw pain.
5.Sensitive Teeth: Do cold or hot foods make your teeth hurt? Tooth sensitivity can be helped by using special pain-relieving toothpastes and gels. Fluoride also helps to strengthen the teeth and protect them from pain. If tooth sensitivity is the result of gum disease or cavities, the pain might go away after treatment.
6.Crooked Teeth: If you wish your smile were straighter, you are not alone. Lots of teens and many adults have some kind of orthodontic hardware to help with their smile. If your smile needs some correction, ask your dentist what alternates are available for the correction.
7.Tooth Trauma: Accidents, contact sports, or even biting down on something hard can cause tooth trauma. With tooth trauma, teeth may be broken, knocked loose, or even knocked out completely. Often, your dentist can handle tooth trauma better than the doctors in an emergency ward, so call your dentist before you head over to a hospital.
Next time your chompers are giving you grief, give your dentist a call. It?s good to know that help is just a phone call away!