Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I have Migraine head ache but in that I suffer dizziness a lot n my half legs are paining a lot cause of that I haven't been standing for half an continuously and always I feel dizziness, my eyes r also paining.
I suffer from head aches more often. May be because of tension or migraine. Doctors gave me dolo and stemtill. Sometimes pain reduces and sometimes not. Once I get severe head aches then drugs don't help me. Which is the best medicine for head aches and how to prevent it.
I have been suffering from insomnia from past 2 months. I am on medication as well but unfortunately it's not working. Pls help me out.
Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep, and ultimately Get Better Sleep.
What is sleep hygiene?
Sleep hygiene is defined as behaviors that one can do to help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
Avoid naps if possible
- Naps decrease the ‘Sleep Debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset.
- Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that.
- When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
- If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No TV or internet during these periods! That will just stimulate you more than desired.
- If this happens several times during the night, that is OK. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
Don’t watch TV or read in bed.
- When you watch TV or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- The bed is reserved for two things – sleep and hanky panky.
Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon.
- Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep.
- Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
- Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer.
- Turn off the TV and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep.
- Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is OK.
- If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom.
- Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights.
- Have a comfortable mattress.
If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower
- Meditation, or quiet time
I have been suffering from insomnia since five years. It was started due to heavy mental pressure from my elder brother when we were beeing separate family. Now the problem is solved. But I could not sleep without sleping pills. I have consumed various sleeping pills. Presently I have been taking escitalopram-5&loragipum-0. 5 + loragipum - 0. 5 at a time during bed time. I could not sleep without loragipum-0. 5. I have been feeling week and during sex I could not ejaculate. I afraid that I have been suffering from side effect of these two sleeping pills. I like to come out of taking sleeping pills. I am 58 years of age. Kindly advice how I can gradually stop intaking sleeping pills.
I am suffering from epilepsy and get attacks minimum twice a month. I am not getting a good result from the medicine prescribed to me currently. What can I do to get cured?
I am 45 years old. I m suffering from sleep apnea for last two years. I also have DNS in my nose and snoring problems too. Kindly advise me what to do.
I am 24 years old male, engineer,suffering from neurocysticercosis and under minimum medicine dosage of levipil 250 twice daily. I came to Delhi for coaching and staying at my uncle's house along with his family. Mother is also staying with me only. Two days earlier there was a discussion or exaggeration regarding a topic on household activities was going among my cousins who are now matured parents and my aunt which indirectly hurt my sentiments very much but still I kept clam but I was not able to sleep that night I was feeling a hotness inside or can be said as sense of fever kind of thing. The next day another topic started but my uncle who likes criticising people did pinched me again with a sentence but still I didn't give any harsh reply but I just told him a very very practical reason that he couldn't continue with his superiority complex anymore. Next day he told my mom in my absence that he was hurt now as my mom conveyed me this still I am ready to apologize to him eventhough I have not done any mistake. But from yesterday night I again felt that heat sensation inside my body, a fever like feeling ears are hot headache behind and right side of head and eyes are red. Is it related to stress or may be some disease as dengue season is going on. Please help.
I am 5 ft 7 inches tall 33 year old married lady with two daughters and weigh 80 kgs. I have a severe migraine especially during my menstrual periods. In addition i have an episode of atleast 2-3 migraine attacks in a months time. I have been prescribed with 'HEADSET" medicine by the doctor. But i am yet to find a permanent solution. Request provide suitable advice please.
I am 23 years old. One year back I done the operation on my head because tumour on the brain. They successfully removed. The report is coming grade 2. Present the removed place was coming to water babul type. Why they coming water babul.
Is neurotherapy or neurofeedback could correct autism? of course, occupational therapy is suggested everywhere. I want to confirm about neurotherapy benefits in curing central nervous system disorders like autism. My son, 8 and 1/2 years old, still not able to talk a full sentence, mingle with the kids and academically many issues. Occupational therapy is continuous but relatively very slow progress on my son. Please let me know any patient who have benefitted by neurotherapy. Regards,
I am 28 year old male suffering from migraine. Using propranolol hcl initially 20-20 mg per day since 1 year and now reduced to 10 mg at one time during the day. Is it good practice? When I stop using this medicine palpitations, heart pain etc starts what to do to quit this medicine?
Doctor is d loss of hearing one of d symptoms of brain tumor? Ya I lost one of my ear, s sensivitivness. I mean I can not hear properly with one ear. Ya I got this problem when I was d patient of asthma before 6-7 years. Aftr such bad health I got depression later at around 3 years before. I am in contact with my psychiatrist from 2 years. Its going to b cured now. Bt I think abt hearing problem other I became d victims of tumor? please say.
Absolutely indispensable to your existence is the proper functioning of your brain. Not only does your brain ensure a normal functioning of your body, but also it controls all your vital organs. Yet, brain disorders are among the most common diseases the modern populace has to confront. Tumorous growth in the brain affects the health of the brain in the most significant of manners. Be it benign or malignant, anomalous growth of the brain tissues leads to brain tumor. Some of the most evident causes of brain tumor are genetic dysfunctions, exposure to harmful radiations and immune-suppressants. You may detect the incidence of brain tumors through some of the more obvious symptoms like acute headaches, seizures, projectile vomiting as well as some fairly subtle conditions like a feeling of numbness, coordination problems, etc. The immediate recourse to brain surgeries and expensive treatments often do not yield the desired results. As a consequence, many seek an alternative therapy which can potentially soothe the trauma and fight the disease.
Replete with the benefits of ancient medicinal knowledge, Ayurveda offers remedies, which heal the diseases without causing any side-effects. The natural, herbal therapies improve your immunity from within; enhance your bodily strength and your will to live. It also aborts abnormal cell growth and helps in normal regeneration. Some of the most reliable Ayurvedic remedies have been enumerated below.
- Aswagandha: Aswagandha herb has fascinating healing properties. They play a major role in restoring strength and immunity in your body. It is endowed with anti-inflammatory properties and is beneficial anti-oxidant. It supplements the essential nutrients, which improve the functions of the brain and minimize the adverse effects caused by harmful radiation.
- Curcumin: Curcumin has been known to disintegrate malignant cells from your body. It not only is a great anti-oxidant, but also improves immunity. It has gained popularity as a cure for brain tumors as well.
- Guggul: Guggul is known to revitalize the damaged cells and impart good health. It enhances oxidation potentials of the body and speeds up recovery from brain tumors.
My age is 75 yrs with severe pain in back, has undergone hip bone surgery, osteoporiasis patient, chronic diabetic patient, suffering from bone & nerve pain. Please advise.
I have epilepsy and take oxetol 450 mg But still I talk in sleepbwhen I hav high stress Sometimes I have internal feeling that some one is also able to see through my thoughts. Yes see all that what I am thinking ,that exist just for 30 sec. What to do to avoid that. I tried yoga, meditation, wtc but still it persist.
Cbd oil for epilepsy
Cannabis indica and cannabis sativa have been used therapeutically for thousands of years, including for the treatment of epilepsy. Today, cannabis is viewed as a controversial medical subject - thanks in large part to prohibition and decades of misinformation - but prior to 1937's 'marihuana tax act' cannabis was accepted by doctors and patients as a true medicine, and considered one of the safest and most effective forms of seizure control medication.