Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivasalu SYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years male, I have Pain in legs from more than 1 year by 24*7. Did all blood test, spine x ray, MRI, physiotherapy every thing comes fine. Taken lot of medicines too. But zero relief. please suggest me any treatment so that I will get some relief.
Im 18 years old boy a professional athlete yesterday during trying my right leg hamstring pulled now it is paining during walking running and today I my right ankle got hurt during walking and it had swelling on it now doc what I have to do?
Very heavy knee pains and unable to sit BP is normal but some times high Sugar levels are high and taking tablets.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a degenerative disease that progresses over time. It generally affects the fingers, feet, wrists, and ankles. It causes immobility due to inflammation and stiffness as well as severe pain. This is an autoimmune disease where the body mistakenly ends up attacking the joints instead of attacking bacteria and other substances as it normally should. Severe cartilage damage can be caused if this condition is not treated on time, which can make the spacing between the bones even smaller than usual.
Let us find out how one can tackle this condition.
- Rest: While there is still no cure for this condition, one can take a number of measures in order to tackle it. One of the foremost ways of managing this condition is with the help of rest and relaxation. It is important to get plenty of sleep so that you can keep the condition from getting worse. There are a number of relaxation exercises that will help you in sleeping better, especially if you have been having trouble sleeping due to the aches and pains.
- Exercise: Depending on the doctor’s recommendations, you will need to exercise on a regular basis so as to keep the motion in your joints intact for as long as possible. Muscle and joint strengthening exercises include swimming, walking, and even gentle stretching that can help in reducing muscle fatigue. This can make your muscles stronger and increase the range of motions as well.
- Ointments and Lotions: One can turn to gels and lotions which can be topically applied. These can be prescribed by the doctor as well, so that the pain is soothed and temporary relief from pain and stiffness may be experienced. These are also available in the form of sprays. These ointments, gels or lotions usually contain camphor, menthol, capsaicin and salicylates.
- Fish Oil Supplements: Pain and stiffness can be significantly reduced with the help of fish oil, as per many medical studies. Before adding fish oil supplements to your food, you will need to talk to your orthopaedic specialist to find out if it may interfere with any medication that you may be taking for the condition or any other related disorder.
- Plant Oils: Plant oils are also known to contain fatty acids known as gamma linolenic acid, which can give much relief when it comes to pain and stiffness, especially in the morning. One must remember, though, that excessive use of this oil can lead to liver damage. So it is imperative to speak with your doctor or therapist before taking any plant oils.
- Medications: Aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can help in containing the pain and inflammation for severe cases.
I will hve a saviour back pain when I wake up but it the pain goes on decreasing after some nd I get a relief from pain why does it happen.
Says Dr. Sanjaykapoor, senior consultant orthopedics and joint replacement surgery.
Arthritis affects over 15% approximately 180 million people in india, which is higher than many well known diseases.
While much has been said about high incidence of diabetes, hypertension, cancer and hiv in india, recent studies suggest that osteoarthritis beats them all to claim the no. 1 slot among ailments in the country.
Contrary to the misconception that arthritis only impacts the elderly, this disorder is increasingly found in the younger population.
Age is not a factor for arthritis; it can affect young and old alike. Earlier, arthritis patients would be around 65 years or so, but now the younger lot in the age group of 40-45 yrs which is normally considered to be in their golden years are increasingly turning up for surgery.
Higher levels of stress coupled with modern day lifestyles are increasing incidence of arthritis.
The best way to beating arthritis is by staying active.
The key to arthritis management is finding balance between activities and rest-exercising, as too much may stress sensitive joints, while being too sedentary can cause stiffness and immobility.
Stretching and gentle movements such as yoga are easy on the joints and keep them fluid and supple.
Exercises such as riding a bike, swimming and water aerobics keep the heart healthy and muscles strong while putting too much pressure on the joints.
Low impact exercises allow you to work your muscles without stressing your joints. Stretching often increases muscle tone and can help boost the range of motion of your joints.
Just make sure you warm up your muscles and joints before stretching to avoid aggravating joint pain and strain your muscles. By varying activities and following a well-rounded exercise routine with variety can help to maintain strength and protect your joints. Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce stress on your joints, especially weight bearing joints like your hips and knees.
In addition, this can slow down the wear on your joints during daily activities such as walking.
When you have experienced a joint injury, protecting that joint will lower the chances of developing arthritis later.
By taking care not to injure the joint again, you may also decrease the intensity of symptoms should arthritis develop later. Remember always listen to your body, stop exercising if you experience sharp pain and don't try to work through joint discomfort.
Find activities that are gentle on the body and take them at a comfortable pace.
Lastly but not the least, drinking enough water keeps the cartilage in joints lubricated so bones don't rub up against each other.
By eating foods rich in vitamin c and e and calcium, you'll help build a musculoskeletal system that can outlast degenerative conditions.
Dr. Sanjay kapoor (orthopedics & joint replacement surgeon)