Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas V.raoYour feedback matters!
Yesterday night when I was sleeping I got some kind of dust in my eyes. So I rubbed off few times and went back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning. My left eye was bulged and reddish. There is no irritation and I can see clearly too but my eye was bulged. I did nothing the whole day and the bulgeness reduced but still my eye Is reddish. What should I do?
I am suffering with eye problem .my eye power continuously goes down due to which lightness of my eyes increases and eye power is going increase.
I had a red eyes and so don't know what to do so please tell me about that so Tell me about some tips.
We as human children are born with +4.00d power. This eye power helps us in better vision for distance and is essential for survival for both hunting and hunted animals to survive on earth. We have binocular vision meaning both eyes used together for focusing that give us depth sense. Thus, we are born hunters in order to survive on this earth.
But by evolution came agriculture to sustain us. Now we send our young toddlers to school at 3 years of age. Excelling at studies remain the aim. So nature improves our near vision. In the process our distance vision get blurry and we require minus power to look at the distance. Hence, in each successive generations population of myopia (minus power) is increasing.
Hi Sir/Madam, Could you please tell me what is the reason for having thin cornea. I have short sight problem. Doctor said I am not eligible for the lasik surgery. I am working in a software field. please help.
Sir. My eye aches after studying about half an hour. And it reacts painfully to bright light. What should I do?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.