Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Impotence
Treatment of Bladder Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas RaoYour feedback matters!
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
My mother is facing a problem of low hemoglobin and kidney stone. Please recommend a soft vegetarian diet for her.
My mother is suffering from osteoporosis for last 16 years and under medication from then. Now she is suffering from kidney problems detected by Dr. She hardly goes to urinate once through out the day. Her legs are swelled. She has high Bp. please give some suggestions.
I pass urine frequently - every half hour to one hour. I do not have diabetes. Can you recommend a solution.
I am 24 years old I have a serious problem that I have to go toilet many time in a day means in each 15 minutes. And problem is from my childhood so give me solution regarding this.
While urinating I sometimes feel a burning sensation and it is yellowish most of the times and there's a foul smell too. What needs to be done? Thank you.
I have been diagnosed with kidney stone of 5.4 mm. I have a regular lower back pain and sometimes abdominal pain. Suggest me ways to improve my health.
I am from palakkad, Now here temp 40° +, That cause we have too much urin problem, how to we will clear the problem's, This time which quantity want to drink water?
My mother is a kidney patient, there are so many restrictions over her diet, she can't eat green leafy vegetables, nor fruits but apple, otherwise it would impact her health. Please let me know, what vegetables.
What are the kidney failure symptoms in a healthy person and do these symptoms can be seen in every human being suffering from kidney failure? And is there any alternate of Dialysis / Kidney Transplant to recover from a kidney failure situation and what are the diet precautions for a person under dialysis or after transplant? What is an average life of a person after kidney transplant and what is the success ratio of these kidney transplant operations? What are the root causes of Kidney failure?
My urine and latrine smell too much bad. Suggest me some ayurvedic medicine to remove the bad smell.
I am 58 years old and I have been diagnosed with 1.3x 1.2 cms cortical cyst in lower anterior of my left kidney by an Abdomen scan and I have pain in my left side near waist frequently. I also frequently urinate with heavy burning sensation. Know I take Urispas 200 mg twice daily. Please advice to erase my chest.
PAIN AFTER CYSTOSCOPY I had difficulty in passing urine. I was examined by an urologist who did cystoscopy for the stricture of urethra. Before he did that the urine had to be drained through a suprapubic Cather. After the cystoscopy another catheter was planted to see whether the urine flow is satisfactory. After two days of surgery, the supra-pubic one was removed and ten days later, the other catheter was also removed. My problem is that I develop intense cramps pain extending from the base of left testicle to the left side of the groin (thigh). I have another problem which is that I cannot fully control the sphincter muscle of my bladder. The result if that the urine trickles out before I reach the bathroom. enuresis! When I told the doctor about these two problems (pain and bed wetting) he prescribed Darif tablets to be taken twice a day. For bed wetting he suggested an exercise whereby I squeeze and release perineal muscles. My pain continues. This is a cramps kind of pain which becomes intense when I walk for more than ten minutes. Please suggest the remedy for this.
What is mean by kidani ston and how I can solve this kidney stone what I can do for the rest from this doses.
Kidneys are a pair of organs that are located on either side of the spine, each about a size of a fist. The kidneys help in purifying blood by removing toxins, waste materials and excess fluids from the human body. Disorders and dysfunctions of the kidney can lead to severe and often fatal consequences. When the kidneys stop functioning as they are supposed to, dialysis is performed to resume normal functioning in the body.
Dialysis is a type of treatment, which filters and purifies the blood with the aid of a machine. It is an artificial way of purifying blood. There are two types of dialysis, namely hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. Hemodialysis, the most common form of dialysis, which involves using a manmade kidney called a hemodialyzer, which removes toxins and waste materials from blood.
Peritoneal Dialysis, on the other hand, is a type of treatment which involves implanting a catheter in the stomach. During the procedure, a fluid called dialysate flows into the abdomen that absorbs all the waste material, which is consequently drained out of the body.
You may need a dialysis if:
- Your kidneys are dysfunctional
- When waste materials and toxins start to accumulate in the body
- In an event of an injury or accident to the kidney such as internal lacerations (wound caused by the tearing of a tissue)
- If the creatinine (a type of a chemical waste product) level falls to 10-12 cc/minute
- In an event where the kidneys aren't able to work properly leading to accumulation of toxins, irregular amounts of chemicals in the body and other dysfunctions
Weakening of the abdominal muscles and weight gain are some of the risks involved in dialysis. Dialysis is a temporary treatment and serves to function till the time the actual kidneys get repaired. In chronic cases of kidney disease, kidney transplant may perhaps be the last resort.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms