Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas RaoYour feedback matters!
I get sores in mouth like on tongue frequently and also on cheeks corners inside, so what to do to get rid of those?
Mere danto se khoon niklta hai jb bhi mai so k uthta hu aur jb mai brush krta hu please Koi upay btaye.
Tongue blister/wound continue after grinding the sharp edges and taking bcomplex with zinc tab and hexigel cream still no relief. Any test to be done or any prob in future.
Since last few days I am having ache in my jaws. This happens only when in open it wide (while eating a big bite or yawning), otherwise there is no such feeling. Pl help.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
I have a mouth smelling problem is just because of a acidity or some other reason . And I also take all the possible remedies about this sure about none kind of dental problem I have gone to my dentist for my checkup in every month Suggest me what I can do now plz.
I'm 18 years old. And my teeth is becoming yellowish. Is there any way to make my teeth white by natural way.
I have often troubling with mouth ulcer in my mouth. It is roughly coming about 5to 8 different spots in different areas in mouth. Give me a solution for this issue.
Hi my teeth's are becoming yellow and red in colour because I use to chew pan masala so please tell me what to do exactly so that my teeth's can become white so please help me out.
Hello Doctor! I was taken root canal treatment for my left upper tooth a year back, recently I got severe pain around that tooth l took pain killers for that later at the tooth a small wound like pimple was created. Suggest me plz.
I am 46 years of age. From the past three days, I have got an ulcer like in my mouth. It' s situated where my wisdom teeth should be and feels like I am getting a new teeth. My question is, can it be the beginning of an oral cancer. Please advice.
My mother recently got dentures a week ago. (Artificial teeth). She complains of pain while eating. Is it normal.
Hello Sir, I am unable to attach image, my problem is, during last few months I have small not so large white layer in inside mouth cheek .It attached to inside mouth wall. When I scrape by figure or by tongue it detached and stick to finger. And I feel low energy through out day and fatigued. Can you help me please.
I can not drink cold water or coffee tea my teeth gums irritate me when I brush blood comes from teeth bad smell comes pls help me I am 30 year woman.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.