Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas PrasadYour feedback matters!
HelloTeam - I just got diagnosed Pre -diabetic, Will acupuncture therapy can help? I just consulted ayurveda Doctor, he suggested body cleansing initially and go for further treatment. I need a cheap and genuine programme to come out from my Diabetes issue.
I have a pain in my stomach very hardly. So what should I do. Please consult me that how can I control this.
The treated area is automatically sterilized by laser;
The procedure is bloodless;
Healthy tissues get minimum injury;
Low probability of scarring;
High aesthetic effect.
Thus, the laser removal of moles, warts and nevi is currently the most effective way to solve these dermatological problems.
How can we prevent gas in stomach ,i am 23 years old and height :175 cm, weight :66 kg, body :slim. I am facing gas problem till 1 years on wards ,when cough occurs some white think come out ,i ask many doctor they said gas problem ,they suggested 2 months tablets I used it ,when I used that tablets I fell good and after 3 months of courses I fell same problem repeats again .soo my problem is how can prevent gas trouble.
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi, im asking about my mother she is suffering from urine infection, after the treatment she is having huge acidity now she can not eat any things she is vomit continue after having food. Please suggest me what is the best solution for her. She is now 48 years old. Please help us.
My dick skin is not proper open. When my dick proper excited at that time I try to pull down my penis skin. But I create lots of pain. Because it's not proper open. Please suggest what to do.
He had itching and burning over groin more than 6months. He consulted many but dint get much relief pls help him.
Hi doctors, This is a very serious question which I am going to ask. So its a humble request to please pay attention. My grandma is suffering from HCV and it contains 16% part of all over body. The no. Of germs are 10, 78, 083 which infected mostly the stomach area (Mainly Lever). I am sending some reports and details which help you to take a good decision and help us out of this. And also that what should we do in this case. I mean what are the home treatments that we need to be provide her. And she is taking aurvaidic medicines to control these germs. Please help me in this case because I love my grandma.
I have yellow eyes and full fever and starch pain and full body pains and vomiting with motions. Please tell me what to do?
I am 25 years old. Actually I have to ask something about my husband. 2 years ago, I have a protected sex with my x-boyfriend. But now I get married, and I have sexual intercourse, unprotected sex many times with my husband. He feels some symptoms of HIV such as night sweats, red spots on tongue etc. Is he really infected by HIV? Or I think I have also a problem with me, some infection or something such as I feel itching or liquid secretion from my vagina. I dnt know why I feel this. This thing can harm my husband or not? Or can cause any HIV or something.
I have a dark patch of skin on my forehead since last few years. In recent 2-3 months has grown bigger and darker. There is no itching or pain. Please help.
I m suffering from headache from last 4 days n due to Dat m unable to sleep can you suggest me why shld I do?
Sir I am suffering from liver problem and three times jaundice happen to me but when I did ultrasound and liver test nothing came in it just my bilirubin was high doctor say it in not jaundice then please tell me what is it.Please tell.
Did you know barley water is good for kidney stones?
Barley (jau), a member of grass family, is a cereal that has been cultivated for over 13, 000 years. Packed with carbohydrates (78%), fat (1%), protein (10%) and water (10%), barley is a rich source of essential nutrients, dietary fiber, vitamins such as niacin, manganese, phosphorus and vitamin B6.
With several health benefits to its name, barley water is termed as the elixir to good health. It has been found to be beneficial in reducing chances of heart disease, soothing bowels, reducing blood cholesterol levels, improving blood sugar regulation in the body and acts as nutritive broth for fever, cold and cough. Additionally, studies support that barley water has also been found to play an integral role in maintaining renal health.
What is a renal stone?
A renal stone is a solid stony piece consisting of crystal forming substances in the urinary tract. They are usually formed when the urine is abundant in substances such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid and lack substances that inhibit their accumulation. While small kidney stones can pass through the urinary system without any symptoms, a stone larger than 5 mm can result in blockages in the urinary tract causing severe pain in the back and lower abdomen.
What causes renal stones?
- A family history for stones, lack of adequate water in the body, high BMI, excessive intake of diets rich in protein, sodium and sugar have been found to be some of the common causes for stone formation.
Try protein foods &amp; supplements
- Medical conditions such as hyperthyroidism, inflammatory bowel syndrome and renal tubular acidosis have also been found to alter the digestion of calcium.
How does barley water aid the dissolution of renal stones?
Studies show that regular use of barley water can dissolve and eliminate existing kidney stones and prevent the occurrence of stones and other kidney problems. Use of diuretics either natural or synthetic can help speed up the expulsion of the stone.
Diuretic in nature, barley water helps to flush toxins from the kidneys by creating bladder pressure and increasing the frequency of urination.
- It helps maintain the PH levels in the body, making it alkaline, preventing various urinary tract issues, including kidney stones.
- The vitamin B6 and magnesium in barley helps break down the masses of toxic calcium oxalate (primary cause for stones) in the kidney.
Dietary fiber in barley reduces the amount of calcium that is excreted by the body through urine, restoring renal health and cleansing the kidneys.
Ways to prepare barley water:
- Boil 1 litre of water with a tablespoon of barley pearls and boil on a low flame for about 30 minutes or until the water has reduced to half.
- Strain and cool this mix and drink it through the day.
- Add lemon juice or honey to make the mix tasty
Regular use of barley water ensures that the renal system is hydrated, healthy and free of depositions such as renal stones. So, go ahead and add this elixir to your diet to ensure a healthy renal system and a healthier you. Eat healthy, stay healthy!