Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Naik V
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas Naik VYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old, suffering from pivd, lumberlordisis or sciatica left for last eight months. Want surgery free treatment for the kindly advice.
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied.
I have pain in my elbow regularly. There is no fracture. Doctor suggests me alco d3. Is it enough or suggest any other medicine.
I have knee problem please suggest to good home hospital for for me I have recently Mr. scan my knee doctored saying it is operation I am not interested in operation please suggest me.
My neck is paining last a week in left side please tell me what to do, should I take any medicine for that?
I am having 6 months baby aged 29 years old. It's my 2nd baby and my tubectomy was done. Now I am having lower abdomen and back pain. Please suggest me remedy and also reason.
From last 3 weeks I feel pain in my legs and moreover I feel to much tired. I just want to know ; is this the symptoms of typhoid and what type of precaution I have to taken?
Recently I am suffering from lower back pain. I hv done the MRI and it states that mild diffuse disc bulge l4-l5. Is it a serious issue? What kind of exercises help me in recover from this problem? Thanks in advance.
I am 24 yrs old girl working in an it firm. I am having backpain and chest pain. Also my hair fall has increased from last few days. What should I do?
In medical terms, Osteoarthritis is referred to a disease of the joints. It mostly affects the cartilage or the slippery tissue, which helps to cover the ends of bones in a joint. A proper cartilage helps in gliding of the bones one over the other. In osteoarthritis, the cartilage’s top layer gets damaged or breaks down. This leads to rubbing of the bones and swelling, pain or loss of motion. As the time passes by, the joint may lose its shape. There is also a possibility of developing bone spurs from the edges of the joint. This causes pain and damage.
People suffering from osteoarthritis often complain of joint pain and experience reduced motion. Unlike the other kinds of arthritis, this affects only the joints and does not interfere with the working of internal organs. It is the most common form of arthritis. It mainly occurs in older people. In younger ones, osteoarthritis may occur due to joint injuries.
What Causes Osteoarthritis?
It is caused due to ageing. But there are certain other risk factors that have to be kept in mind. This include:
- Excess body weight or obesity
- Old age
- Joint injury
- Improper formation of joints
- Defective genes
- Stress on the joints
What are the symptoms?
It can develop in any joint in the body. But it mainly occurs in the hands, knees, hips, and spine. The symptoms that indicate towards its occurrence are as follows:
- Stiffness in a joint, especially as you get out of bed or sit for a long period of time
- Swelling or tenderness in the joints
- A crunching feeling
- Sound of bone rubbing
It cannot be diagnosed by a single test. It takes several methods to detect its symptoms. Therefore, a combination of tests are conducted, including physical examination, X-rays, blood tests or examination of the fluid in the joints.
How Is It Treated?
It requires a combination of treatments to meet a patient's needs, as per his or her lifestyle, and health. The treatment has four main goals:
- To improve function of the joints
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- It is important to control the pain
- Efforts to achieve a healthy lifestyle
The treatment plan or sketch will involve focus on the following things:
- Weight control
- Rest and joint care
- Techniques to get relief from pain without the use of drugs
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.