Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas K
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas KYour feedback matters!
A pilonidal sinus, as indicative of the name, is a narrow channel or a hole located in between the buttocks (underneath the skin). A characteristic feature of the pilonidal sinus is the presence of hair (the hair ruptures the skin and gets embedded within the sinus). A pilonidal sinus or a cyst is also known to contain skin debris, dirt. An infection of the pilonidal cyst may trigger the release of blood and pus from the cyst which is often foul smelling and associated with an excruciating pain.
The pilonidal sinus is more common among the young adult males (often below 40 years) than their female counterparts.
● The condition can also affect individuals who are more into a sedentary lifestyle (can be personal or professional).
● People who are obese or those who have a family history of pilonidal sinus are a higher risk of suffering from the condition.
● Pilonidal sinus can also affect people with a deep and hairy natal cleft (the cleft located between the buttocks and extends from below the sacrum up to the perineum).
The symptoms and discomfort experienced in the case of a pilonidal sinus include
- The infected cyst appears sore, red, and swollen.
- One experiences pain and discomfort while in a standing or a sitting position.
- The hair often protrudes out of the abscess. In some people, there may be the appearance of multiple sinus tracts, piling on the agony.
- In some case, pilonidal sinus may be accompanied by fever (not commonly observed).
Pilonidal Sinus and Ayurveda
Conventional treatments such as surgery, lancing, or the use of phenol injections are there to treat pilonidal sinus. However, the medications come with their share of side effects and complications (such as infection at the site of incision, slow healing, bleeding, to name a few). The Ayurvedic treatment that uses herbs is 100% safe and effective. Many people with pilonidal sinus and cyst have been completely cured and treated sans any deleterious side effects or complications. The main aim of the Ayurvedic Treatment is to restore the balance between the three doshas (Vata, Kapha, Pitta), the vitiation of which triggers a diseased condition.
Pilonidal Sinus also termed as Nadi Vrana in Ayurveda is best treated by Kshara Sutra Therapy. In Kshara Sutra therapy, threads are smeared with ayurvedic herbs before using them to treat the disease (the thread is placed inside the pilonidal sinus and replaced with a new one after every 7 days). The entire Kshara Sutra Therapy takes between 4-8 weeks (depending on the severity of the condition) to complete. The Kshara Sutra Therapy treat the pilonidal sinus along with the formation of new tissues.
Talking about the diet, throughout the treatment, one should avoid spicy, greasy, and fast foods. Enrich the diet with fruits and green vegetables. Consume plenty of fluids (water, soup, coconut water, fresh fruit juice).
More than exercise, it is important that you walk daily (at least 2kms per day).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
From childhood I'm getting something white color from throat. It's smell too bed may I know cure for this.
Hi I have some problem in my throat I feel bulgum in my throat every time so I need to split every time my voice is also not clear I am a singer in my college this is very big problem for me please help me sir I am 20 year old.
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.