Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas H VYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor How can I increase my height to 5.9, weight to 65 kg and eyesight and tell me doctor how can I keep me fresh and active and relax.
I am 28 year old male with dry eyes being most prominent problem I an facing post my lasik surgery 7 months ago. How to correct this problem?
There has been an infection in my right eye. I am not able to close my eyes properly, or once closed, they get sticky over the eyelashes and it becomes painful to open them up back again.
I am suffering from heel pain, Glaucoma, ànd fungal infection near penis and having diabetes fasting 127 and post lunch 164 pls suggest.
I am suffering from constant eyestrain from last few years. Which type of diet in my food would help me from getting out of my this eye problem. I don't want to use goggles as they look dirty on my face.
Hello doctor, I am a 20 years old student. After complete my daily college felt daily pain on my left eye and head. I am feeling depressed about that. Please help me.
I am myopic with very high power of -7 and -4 in left and right eye respectively. Is there any safe and guaranteed permanent eye correction method. And what it would be its cost?
Hi I drank water 1 year after seeing naturopathy program in TV. But now I am do not want to drink water. Now I stopped drinking water. But I am often suffering with itchy eyes and itching in vagina and redness ,small blisters in the throat .please give me a suggestion. I need help .
Hi, even though I have Tight 8 hrs sleep my eyes generally will be very small and due to which my face looks sleepy and also I look sick as well. May I know the reason please.
Sir, I am studying B. E. ECE in ssm college of engineering. In class room the letters will not clearly all the words in darkness. It will affect my studies. Then I what Wii do?
I have a problem in eye lids for past 10 days. The problem is there occur a (funsi) in one eye and after 1 or 2 days it gets bigger and creates lots of pain and after 3-4 days it becomes normal and after 2or 3 the same problem occurs and creates too much pain. Please suggest some cure.
Dear sir When I using laptop and watching tv my eyes automatically burning and flow the tiers So tell me sir what I do for the problem Thanks.
I have red eye in three days and my sugar levels are very high and also I have body pain and era problem chest problem my pulse going down every time.
I am a 19 year old student. When I am using electronic devices like phone or laptop I get pain in eye and headache. My eyes turn red. Although power is correct. Why it happens and what are it's cure?
My vision is poor -7. 50 both eye I am wearing contact lenses just want to know can I go for laser eye surgery or not.
I am 22 years old, I can't see in left eye when I was 1 year old and it also shifted in left corner (crossed eye). Now if I got the surgery the eye Will be straight? If yes, for how many days it will be straight? please help me I am in a frustration.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.