Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas H A
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas H AYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 5 months 20 days old. I want to know what will be the proper dose of neopeptine medicine for her? She is suffering from gas problem.
My newly born child is 5 days old. The result of his Thyroid Profile is under: T3- 3.19, T4- 238.34 & TSH-6.01. All the value is above under biological reference interval. His mother is a patient of hypo-thyroid and she is being taken thyroid medicine of the dose of 200 for five days and 150 for weekend. Her thyroid value is control. What will be serious problem for newly born child for these result of thyroid profile. Please suggest.
I have a child of 1 year. He is suffering from seizure and regular taking medicines for this. Report of SGOT, protein and globulin will be high. Is it curable? I am very frustrated. Please help me.
Some Useful Tips for Fussy Eaters Are as Follows:
- A small meal with three snacks should be administered regularly.
- The meal must have a good aroma, flavor, and be colorful.
- Serve different varieties of food every time.
- Introduce something new every week.
- The food should be soft and chewable, and be according to your child's taste.
Some Lunchbox Ideas:
- Idli with coconut chutney.
- Paneer paratha with chutney or curd.
- Rajma (kidney beans) with rice, carrot, cucumber salad.
- Mung dal rice with chutney.
- Dalia khichdi with plain curd.
- Mung dal khichdi with curd.
- Soybean biryani with raita.
- Tomato rice with green chutney.
- Lemon rice with raita.
- Vegetable pulao.
- Aloo paratha with green chutney.
- Potato sandwich.
- Methi paratha with tomato chutney.
- Paneer pulao.
- Vegetable fried rice with curd.
- Veg biryani with raita.
- Vegetable uttapam with green chutney.
- Cabbage paratha with tomato chutney.
- Egg fried rice.
Hi Doctor- My 3.5 years old daughter had red rashes on her feet last Thursday which slowly spread to her inner thighs (Friday), around neck (this Monday) & around her mouth (Monday). She did not have fever & her daily activities (eating, urine/stool, playing) was normal. Now her red rashes on her feet, thighs faded but there are rashes (not red now) around her mouth. Just wanted to confirm if this is something related to food allergy (as confirmed by ayurvedic doctor living in same aptmt society) & not measles. We are yet to go clinic as we wanted to ensure this is not contagious (if it is measles)
I am addicted to masturbation. I do it daily. Is there any way to get rid of that. I am loosing my weight. How to overcome this problem.
Please guide me regarding vaccination for my daughter she is 15 month old every doctor has there own chart I am. Confused which chart to follow. Last vaccination I have done chickenpox, hepatitis A, MMR 1 dose.
Hi I have a question for my 9 month kid. Please help me with my doubts. My baby born weight is 2.91 but after 8 months weight does not increase. What to do. Also she was fair but now she is becoming dark day by day. It's because of summer. Please help me rectify the issue for my daughter.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.