Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasYour feedback matters!
Dr. I and my husband trying to conceive from 1 year & also consult a doctor. My doctor do all test n told me that my eggs are not fertilized on time. So she give me siphene 100 on 2 to 6 day of my period then alivher tablet to 10 to 25 day and an hcg injection I take this from two month but couldn't get pregnant.
Greetings sir/madam. My wife missed her period date by 20-25 days her age is 21 her last period date was 24 th October we consulted a local physician she made a urine test and said that there is no sign for pregnant now my doubt is while the urine test results are genuine or not. If yes what is the problem with her what shall we do Please refer what to do.
I am 32 year old female. I had endometriosis both side of my ovaries ,right side cyst was removed but due to adhesions left side was not removed. Trying to conceive since last 4 years .In latest HSG report my right side tube has hydrosalpinx but proximal part of the tube is fine. Planning for IVF .I want to know weather hydrosalpinx in my left will effect the implantation of embryo .
My grand mothers age 97. Lie down all time. Found that her legs are becoming black and cold. please help.
On may 15 I had sex unprotected but I didn't cum inside her still bothering about the pregnancy for her she didn't had period till now last time she had period on may 10 thinking that we don't want pregnancy any suggestion.
Smoking can cause irreparable damage to your mind and body. Chemicals in the tobacco travel to all parts of the body, leaving no area unaffected. According to available data, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths and about 80% deaths from emphysema and bronchitis. In addition to adversely affecting yourself, smoking also has a severe impact on your near and dear ones. According to WHO, about 600,000 people die every year from passive smoking. Out of the deaths that occur due to this, 1/3rd is that of children.
The Indian situation
While 85% of tobacco users worldwide consume it in the form of cigarettes, in India only 13% use it in that form. Additionally, 54% use it in the form of beedis. A study conducted on Indian smokers has revealed that an average of 8.2 cigarettes is smoked by an individual daily.
The study also revealed that the number of cigarettes smoked every year had grown to over 6 trillion. While 1 out of 10 adults dies from tobacco use worldwide, 5% of deaths in women and 20% of deaths in men in India are caused by cigarette and beedi smoking.
What happens when you smoke?
Cigarette smoke is made up of 4000 chemicals that are present either as tiny particles or gases and about 50 are known to lead to cancer, the toxin nicotine being one of them. In addition to nicotine, the chemicals that make up cigarette smoke also include tar and carbon monoxide. Prolonged exposure to these toxins can hamper your body's ability to filter air and clean the lungs. The smoke not only irritates the lungs but also causes excess production of mucus.
It also causes a paralysis of the tiny hair-like structures like cilia that line the airways and are responsible for removing dust and dirt from the organ. Paralysis of these hair-like structures also causes a buildup of mucus and toxic substances, leading to lung congestion. The extra mucus that is produced causes smokers to suffer from the very ubiquitous smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis.
It's also one of the many triggers of asthma, which brings about the narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Long-term exposure to tobacco smoke causes the destruction of the structure of the lung, walls of the airways as well as lung tissue. The result is a condition known as emphysema. Additionally, smoking also leads to cancer of the lung and over 80% lung cancer cases occur due to this habit.
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
Dear Doctors, My wife pregnancy is running with 31 Weeks now and she has been diagnosed the FASTING Sugar as 99 / PPBS as 149 (After 2 Hrs) / HBA1C as 6.4 and Hemoglobin as 9.7 and also we have taken GLUCOSE challenge Test (1 Hrs Post Glucose) with the result of 163. Kindly request you to share your views about this lab test report and the way forward. Thanks.
Hi Doctor, My wife is feeling breast pain from last 4 -5 days. Can it may be symptoms of pregnancy? But 8-9 days still remain in next period. We didn't observe other pregnancy symptoms except Brest pain which she never felt earlier like that. When we can go for pregnancy test. Please advise. Thanks.
Use male condoms made of latex, or polyurethane if you or your partner is allergic to latex. Use male condoms for vaginal, anal, or oral sex.
Keep male condoms in a cool, dry place. Don't keep them in your wallet or in your car! This can cause them to break or tear.
Check the wrapper for tears and for the expiration date, to make sure the condom is not too old to use. Carefully open the wrapper. Don't use your teeth or fingernails. Make sure the condom looks okay to use. Don't use a condom that's gummy, brittle, discolored, or has even a tiny hole.
Put on the condom as soon as the penis is erect, but before it touches the vagina, mouth, or anus.
Use lubricants only made with water, such as K-Y jelly. Oil-based lubricants, such as Vaseline, can weaken the condom. The lubricant is put on the outside of the condom. It helps to keep the condom from tearing. Don't use lubricants with the spermicide N-9, which might make it easier for HIV to get into your body.
After sex, pull out the penis while it is still erect, holding the condom firmly at the base of the penis so it does not slip off.
Use a new condom if you want to have sex again or in a different way. Do not wash and re-use condoms — they are for one-time use!
The female condom, known as the FC2, is made of a rubber-like substance that is not latex. This condom is made for vaginal sex only. FC2 has a ring on each end. The inside ring holds the condom in place inside the vagina. The outer ring stays outside the vagina so it covers the labia. Some research suggests that the female condom is effective at preventing HIV. It is not yet known whether it is as effective as the male condom. The male condom is still considered best for preventing HIV. Use female condoms for vaginal sex if your partner won't use a male condom. Remember: Don't use a male condom and a female condom at the same time. They could break.
Check the wrapper for tears and to make sure the condom is not too old to use. Open the wrapper carefully. Don't use your teeth or fingernails. Make sure the condom looks OK to use. The condom will be moist and may be slippery.
Put the condom into the vagina up to eight hours before having sex, but before the penis touches the vagina. The condom cannot disappear inside your body.
To insert the FC2, squeeze the inner ring with the thumb and middle finger and insert it into the vagina like a tampon. Then, use the index finger to push the inner ring as far up as it will go, without twisting the condom. There should be about an inch of condom outside your vagina to allow for the condom to expand during sex.
FC2 comes pre-lubricated. But it is okay to use water or oil-based lubricants too. The lubricant is put on the inside and outside of the condom.
During sex, make sure the outer ring of the FC2 isn't pushed into the vagina.
After sex, hold the condom in place while your partner withdraws his penis. Remove the condom before standing up. Grasp the outside ring and twist the condom to trap in fluid and gently remove. Or, you can hold the condom tight around your partner's penis and he can pull out his penis and the condom at the same time, being careful not to spill any fluid out of the condom.
Use a new condom if you want to have sex again.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My she make physical relationship with her bf in 2013 but now she break there relation with his bf. Now she make another relation if she want physical relationship with his new bf. There she face anytype problem or not.
Can I experience PMS and still be pregnant. Is pregnancy possible? I have been experiencing lower back and leg pain.
I missed my period 29 days, it means my last period is july 30, I did my pregnancy test but it is showing negative, am I pregnant?
Hello Ma'am, I am planning to conceive from last Feb 16. 3 months back I was detected with thyroid, I have no irregular periods, My thyroid levels are normal now, then my scan shows I have hydrosalphinx in my left fallopian tube, it is dilated, then I had taken Xray to find our my tubes are blocked or not. They are open. Will I become pregnant.
After c section I have no breastfeeding first 8 days after that I have some milk. But they are low. I can't understand what is my problem!
The Churg-Strauss disease is a rare medical condition, which causes abnormal and painful swelling of the blood vessels thereby, obstructing normal blood flow to the different body organs and tissues. The Churg-Strauss disease generally attacks the blood vessels of the intestine, nose, heart, lungs and the sinuses. In rare cases, this abnormal swelling can damage the kidney and the body joints. If not diagnosed timely, Churg-Strauss disease might lead to further complications such as heart disease, nerve damage, and kidney damage.
- As of now, the accurate causes of the syndrome have not been detected; although doctors suspect that hereditary factors and a long-term exposure to allergens might be responsible for the syndrome.
- Also, the syndrome can be caused as a result of side effects of prescribed medications for asthma and allergies. However, many people who have been diagnosed with allergies do not show the symptoms of Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- The chances of suffering from this condition increase if you suffer from episodes of chronic asthma, sinusitis (inflammation of the nasal passage cavities) or any other form of allergy in the nose. This syndrome has been generally observed in people within the age group of 30-50 years.
The symptoms of Churg-Strauss syndrome vary among people depending on the affected organ. However, the possible symptoms of the disease are but not limited to:
- There might be a significant pain in the joints and abdomen along with fever, asthma, sinusitis, and a loss in body weight.
- Development of scars on the body along with the presence of blood in faecal matters coupled with a tingling sensation in the limbs along with a feeling of numbness if the syndrome happens to attack the nerves.
Treatment: Churg-Strauss disease is an incurable medical condition, but a prescribed dosage of corticosteroids or chemotherapy medications can regulate the symptoms.
Thyme is one of the most famous herbs from the mint family. It is a common herb present in every spice set for garnishing and flavouring of the dish. In fact, apart from its modern-day use, it had been used by Egyptians in the process of mummification as well as by the Greeks as a form of incense. However, apart from its culinary uses, it is gaining a reputation as one of the most useful ingredients with several medicinal properties. Some of these medicinal properties are highlighted below.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: When it comes to blood pressure, consumption of salt and maintaining a balanced level of cholesterol are the two important things to keep a lookout for. Thyme itself can be used as a substitute for salt. Though the taste would not be quite the same without a trace of salt in the dish, but at least it would benefit your health and keep a balanced level of salt and cholesterol in your body. This would help you in maintaining a balanced blood pressure and also prevent you from falling prey to any kind of heart disease or even diabetes for that matter.
- Controls cough and cold: If you feel that you are about to experience an attack of a cough and cold due to seasonal changes or whatever reason, do not forget to keep some thyme at hand. You can make thyme paste and rub it onto your chest. The vapours coming out of it would help in curing cough. Further, thyme oils can always be used for a chest massage or can be rubbed onto the sides of your nostrils. Moreover, drinking warm thyme infused tea helps you in recovering faster.
- Boosts immunity: To maintain a proper immune system the body needs, vitamins, minerals, water and various other elements. With thyme being a rich source of vitamin C and Vitamin A apart from having the benefits of iron, manganese, copper and fibre, it is not unusual to know that it boosts the immune system in an individual. Thus, thyme is often consumed in a small quantity with at least one or two dishes of the day. This makes sure that the quantity of thyme entering your body is regulated and is just enough to provide you with all the necessary elements.
- Acts as a disinfectant: Mould is an element present in the air which not only causes air pollution but can be fatal to human health. In fact, it hurts those with asthma even more than regular people. One of the easiest ways to get rid of moulds in the air is to regularly use thyme oil in your house. Thyme oil acts as a disinfectant and helps in reducing the concentration of moulds in the air.
- Used for therapeutic purposes: Carvacrol is a substance present in thyme which helps it in making a mark as an important compound in aromatherapy. Many essential oils are made of thyme essence. These essential oils are not only used on the skin for massages but also used as incense and de-stressors.
Thus, these are some of the most important uses of thyme apart from adding flavouring to some of your favourite dishes.